Shoul I do it Pros/Cons Please

Smoke_Dog

Registered
O.K. I'm going to put the 16 tooth sprocket on the front, I have the the 42 in the rear already.  Please give me any reasons not to make this mod or reasons to do it!  Thanks!

<!--EDIT|Smoke_Dog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110944755 -->

Pros:
Increased low end power
Increased likelihood to wheelie
Increased fun factor

Cons:
Speedo is wacked without recalibration
Loss of top end speed
Increased likelihood to wheelie

DO IT!

Do it...I'm running 16/42 w/boost...You figure...
evil.gif

I just put a 43t on. My sh$t eating grin just got larger. lol Did CS mention that it will have an increased likelihood to wheelie!!!
laugh.gif

Don't you know that it had to rain today! I'll have to make it happen this weekend. I'll let you know the results Sunday.

im getting a 16 today and gonna ride it tonight. On a stock arm i wouldnt go 16/42 but to eachs own

Hey brown was your track open last weekend and is it open this weekend?

maybe i am the only one, but i disagree with running really tight gearing,eg 16-42,while this combo will greatly help acceleration in 2nd through 6th it will hurt you in the gear that acceleration is best 1st

Im with you chevelle, it may be fun and all , I know when I was one down I liked it too. But when it comes to racing on the street I wanted to win so now Im 17 and 39

i just changed mine to a 16 yesterday and right now im not liking it too much. It just seems like i have to shift all the freakin time now. Im on my way to the track so ill see if it helps my times
wink.gif

Well i just ran today with one. My times last year with the regular were 10.5 now just ran a 10.4 but it is cold as hell out here and i'm a little rusty so that may have had something to do with it. But the bike does pull harder or so it seems
wink.gif

Well i just ran today with one.  My times last year with the regular were 10.5 now just ran a 10.4 but it is cold as hell out here and i'm a little rusty so that may have had something to do with it.  But the bike does pull harder or so it seems
wink.gif
It does and your time will go on down...

Back