Shinko Tires

and once again......some people need to try and feel better about themselves, by putting down others. I would argue, but how silly is it to argue with someone that admits,has never used the very things he is bad mouthing...

You know what, Shinkos are terrible tires, none of you should buy them!

(...maybe then they'll lower the price even more and they will be an even better deal for me!) :poke:

and once again......some people need to try and feel better about themselves, by putting down others. I would argue, but how silly is it to argue with someone that admits,has never used the very things he is bad mouthing...

I knew this wouldn't take long :laugh:

I bring up what appears to be factual that Shinko is a decade behind on technology and in afterhours fashion, all you have is "Attack the messenger"! :thumbsup:

I bring up what appears to be factual that Shinko is a decade behind on technology and in afterhours fashion, all you have is "Attack the messenger"! :thumbsup:

Tuff, you cannot use 'factual' and 'appears' in the same sentence, either you have proof that they are using old technology or you don't.

I can see where for some riders, dual compound tires would be useful for pushing the grip envelope in the twisties but wanting better life on the more mundane straight-line stuff. Of course if I REALLY wanted to play devil's advocate I'd have to say that your argument about taking your life in your hands would dictate that you have a soft compound throughout since your braking would be slightly better on a soft compound tire too. You use a dual compound tire as a compromise, kinda the same reason I use a Raven...

I went on the Shinko website to have a peek and was surprised. I found not a single dual compound tire. It's becoming harder and harder to find single compound sportbike tires made by any of the big four manufacturers. Even race tires are mostly dual compound, especially the rear. Yet Shinko has not a single dual compound tire.

Does anyone know why? Maybe it's because they are still using the same old technology they purchased over a decade ago? Change the name and the tread pattern and sell em cheap! :thumbsup:

But then, who the hell am I to question cheap tires? Never mind, carry on! :beerchug:

Dude. Do you really have this much free time?

Facepalm-3.jpg

I went on the Shinko website to have a peek and was surprised. I found not a single dual compound tire. It's becoming harder and harder to find single compound sportbike tires made by any of the big four manufacturers. Even race tires are mostly dual compound, especially the rear. Yet Shinko has not a single dual compound tire.

Does anyone know why? Maybe it's because they are still using the same old technology they purchased over a decade ago? Change the name and the tread pattern and sell em cheap! :thumbsup:

But then, who the hell am I to question cheap tires? Never mind, carry on! :beerchug:

What is so threatening about this post?

nobody is attacking you....

simply stating fact. You have never used Shinko tires. You have no knowledge of how good or bad they are.

once again your logic, is flawed. The fact that Shinko tire technology is 10 years old does not mean they are bad. It does not mean that they are dangerous. The latest tire technology is useless and a waste of money for someone that is not racing.

Using your logic, a good number of people on this site would be riding junk. Our beloved 1st gen Busa was designed well over 10 years ago. Yet many of us still ride them, enjoy them and even race them...

Oh! Just let the low budget guys buy their low budget tires in peace. Let them save their money for something really important. Gremlin Bells, Fairing Screens, LEDs, CF Mirrors, Billet Reservoir Covers, Angel Eyes, Spikes and stickers.

Back