i see alot about rear tires...front tires anyone?

96mustang_james

Registered
what is the front tire of choice?  i would like to be able to do a stoppie if i want to... i still have the stock front tire on it which has 13k on it and it slides like a mofo if i hit the front break to hard but still has tread, i guess the rubber is just hard from being so old, is there a front tire that will stick good enough to do a stoppie?

i like the shinko 005 rear tires for the street because they hook decent and are pretty cheep from azmusa.com. has anyone ever used shinko's for the front, if so which one, how many miles did you get out of it, and what did you think?

thanks in advance!

<!--EDIT|96mustang_james
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111308434 -->

Yeah... I'd like to know about front tires too
smile.gif

They sell them in pairs, same brand and type of tire that you put on the rear should go on the front.
wink.gif

I wouldn't mix tires! Whatever you decide to use, put them on both ends.

My own personal preference is the Bridgestone BTO14, dual compound, sticks like glue and you'll drag your engine cover before those puppies give up! I do lots of stoppies with mine and the 14's do a great job. If you are doing stoppies?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?? drop the air pressure down to 32 -34 pounds at least. I drop mine down a bit lower than that. You want to get a good size patch of rubber on the ground when you are lifting the rear of your big heavy bike. And,,,,,, make sure your tires are warmed up before squeeqing the front brake hard. Your stock busa brake pads suck for doing stoppies, replace them with better pads!

rock.gif

Not really sure I'd be doing stoppies on the Busa. That's a whole lot of heavy azz coming back down on the ground.

I wouldn't mix tires! Whatever you decide to use, put them on both ends.

My own personal preference is the Bridgestone BTO14, dual compound, sticks like glue and you'll drag your engine cover before those puppies give up! I do lots of stoppies with mine and the 14's do a great job. If you are doing stoppies?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?? drop the air pressure down to 32 -34 pounds at least. I drop mine down a  bit lower than that. You want to get a good size patch of rubber on the ground when you are lifting the rear of your big heavy bike. And,,,,,, make sure your tires are warmed up before squeeqing the front brake hard. Your stock busa brake pads suck for doing stoppies, replace them with better pads!
got a link to some better brake pads?

rock.gif

what would be wrong with mixing and matching tires?

i like the shinko rears because they are cheap and stick decent, i have never ran a different kind of tire on the front and want a good one because it will be on there a lot longer than the rears. probably 3 of 4 rears to 1 front.

Has anyone ever used a shinko on the front of their bike, what did you think?

I mix tires all the time. I just make sure the front is equal or softer than the front.

Dunlops are cheap and stickier than stock. They do take longer to heat up in the winter though.

Mixing does not hurt, but it is much better to buy the matching pair. You get 2 fronts or 3 to one rear, so from time to time you can try out a different rear until you get the best set that works for you.

Back