Self immolation outside trump’s trial

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
No no, don’t get your hopes up, it wasn’t trump. This fine citizen (last booking photo I guess) torched himself today out side trumps trial.

IMG_0467.png

News this morning was that he died. And for what?
Not for any cause, for a reason. The reason is services for people in dire need of psychiatric care has been sorely lacking in our country for decades. Back where I lived in Milwaukee, the east side was a fairly tolerant and safe place for unstable individuals to live. They weren't all homeless. Someone set them up with apartments and social worker visits but it was obvious that a number of them needed constant care and supervision. They were hanging on medically (and sometimes just barely) but they were a risk to themselves and maybe others. They were not violent but some were severely delusional and that can result in all kinds of danger like we see here. These people are left to live on their own.

A helluva way to commit suicide...

Sadly I've had lots of experience in this area........and have had many (many) courses on suicide prevention, awareness but have lost troops who gave absolutely zero indications that they were so inclined....in a couple cases, I was either the last or one of the last people to see them alive and that played on my mind for a long time....

If this individual came to the location, poured fuel on himself and lit it, there's not much anyone could do other than attempt to extinguish it. I'd imagine he didn't broadcast his intentions beforehand....

A sad situation.

We captured a suicide bomber who's device didn't activate and in interrogation, he was really disappointed that the device didn't go off allowing him to elevate to heaven.....but he wasn't suicidal......just brain washed beyond what is reasonable.

His manifesto which is hard to find right now wandered around blaming both sides and both guys.
There’s this pic of him as well.
D5660DA2-C9F4-4950-A4C3-D4B04F9B110D.jpeg

Truly a whacko. Worlds full of them. Well, actually less one now. He will be remembered. Not….

I wonder how his parents feel. Sad their son is gone but relieved that he's not suffering anymore. And as selfish as it sounds, relieved for themselves that they don't have to put up with him any longer.
Sorry but having a kid who is emotionally or mentally disturbed like this is very tough to deal with. It lasts years and often never gets better despite years of therapy, hospitalizations and different meds; but still the acting out continues, the tantrums and self-harm goes on until one day they OD, or commit suicide.
The US needs to reinstate mental institutions where people like this receive regular help and care, and are kept in a safe environment instead of letting them roam the streets.

I wonder how his parents feel. Sad their son is gone but relieved that he's not suffering anymore. And as selfish as it sounds, relieved for themselves that they don't have to put up with him any longer.
Sorry but having a kid who is emotionally or mentally disturbed like this is very tough to deal with. It lasts years and often never gets better despite years of therapy, hospitalizations and different meds; but still the acting out continues, the tantrums and self-harm goes on until one day they OD, or commit suicide.
The US needs to reinstate mental institutions where people like this receive regular help and care, and are kept in a safe environment instead of letting them roam the streets.

Agree completely but how? Under current laws people cannot be forced into a care facility, especially a locked down facility. Unless a person can be shown to be an actual threat to themselves or others, they don’t have to ‘take their meds’ nor do they have to submit to hospitalization. What’s left? Police and jails. How’s that been working out?

In general, I believe that people are a product of their environment, maybe his parents are part of the problem.
I think it is a bit tough to blame parents for how their kids turn out.

The Shrinks say 50% is in the DNA.

I know very successful people who came out of crazy broken homes and crazy people who came out of a perfect home.

I have two dogs, same parents, same breed. One bites people the other bites dogs, totally different personalities. They were raised together, from birth.

I think it is a bit tough to blame parents for how their kids turn out.

The Shrinks say 50% is in the DNA.

I know very successful people who came out of crazy broken homes and crazy people who came out of a perfect home.

I have two dogs, same parents, same breed. One bites people the other bites dogs, totally different personalities. They were raised together, from birth.
Studies have also shown that when two parents are working, children on the average struggle more and children from a single parent family struggle even more.

If we look at the role a parent takes in a child's life, it is significant.

I'd say the successful people you know are the exception, not the rule.

Studies have also shown that when two parents are working, children on the average struggle more and children from a single parent family struggle even more.

If we look at the role a parent takes in a child's life, it is significant.

I'd say the successful people you know are the exception, not the rule.

I know a lot of exceptions to the rule.

You have children?

^^^^
Through my career, I have employed a lot of management folks, today’s salary range $250k plus. Fortune 10 company, policy was psychometric profiles, extensive interviews, etc.

Personality is a complex matter.

But let’s just go back to nature in its simplest form:

Below are my two dogs, same parents, same breed, raised 100% together.

One on the left, if you are a stranger he will attack you if you come into my yard. In public, you get close to him, he is going to bite. Sees another dog, wants to be friends and play.

One on the right, if you are a human, all he wants to do is play with you, no matter where. If he sees another dog, no matter the size, he will immediately attack.

Try and explain that?

IMG_2913.jpeg

I know a lot of exceptions to the rule.

You have children?
I do and I have grand children.

I do and I have grand children.
I agree that the environment a child grows up in, has a big effect, that is however the other 50% of their character.

In the US, our social system, from kindergarten to high school, to college affects about 30% of the 50% nurturing in my opinion. They say by the age of 12, the base code in the brain has been written, everything which follows will be on top of that.

Fact is, a big personality disorder, such as the case mentioned in this thread is always part of the physiological makeup of the person. It is an illness, which often cannot be treated with corrective results. A psychopath, or a sociopath for example cannot be taught, it is born in. A narcissist on the other hand can have a lot to do with nurturing, but not all of it.

There are tests for narcissism, (Trump) if you are interested, you can test yourself, just find a test on Google. Most very successful CEO's will not necessarily be problematic narcissists, however they will test somewhat high on the scale, simply due to a high level of self confidence and achievement.

I guess I better stop, otherwise I will be labelled a shrink again.

Last edited:
I agree that the environment a child grows up in, has a big effect, that is however the other 50% of their character.

In the US, our social system, from kindergarten to high school, to college affects about 30% of the 50% nurturing in my opinion. They say by the age of 12, the base code in the brain has been written, everything which follows will be on top of that.

Fact is, a big personality disorder, such as the case mentioned in this thread is always part of the physiological makeup of the person. It is an illness, which often cannot be treated with corrective results.
I agree that the minority of cases are due to a predisposed mental defect or illness.

I have found personally that the introduction of social media into a child's life has a very distinct impact on them....they get addicted to it the same as a smoker or drug user and are always looking for the next level fix-hence why all these various platforms are always changing to keep them interested. I have one grandchild that is completely dependent on her phone....her parents both work and she is often on her own....they say she needs a phone so they can keep in touch with her...

I said that the phone should only have call capabilities but they said she likes to keep in touch with her friends too and they all use social media.....

Of course this is coming from her parents who are both very addicted to their own phones....

There was a time during a visit that my wife and I were sitting in our gazebo by ourselves as everyone else was on a device in the house.....until I got up, went in a raised such a ruckus that they eventually all came outside and left their devices inside.....

I treat my cell phone like a home phone, it only leaves the house when I am in a vehicle and that is only in case there is some sort of problem where I need to call someone.

I treat my cell phone like a home phone, it only leaves the house when I am in a vehicle and that is only in case there is some sort of problem where I need to call someone.
Steve Jobs sure changed the world we live in, did he not?

I think most of us who are still active in business, are highly dependent on 100% phone availability, 24/7. Over here some restaurants and bars, you can't see a menu without scanning a code. Even at the DMV, you can hardly get by without a phone. Remember the days we drove around with paper maps? Many don't.

My daughter is raising her little girl with no access to anything phone or computer, or terminal, or anything with a screen. Just smiling, it is an essential part of life today.

Back