Scan results

vman1300

Never Forgotten
I have posted this in the Mod section a few weeks back...some will be a cut and paste from there, plus a little new info....I was just looking for a little help from my family of REAL close friends in coping with news you didnt wanna hear......

Now I come to my larger public FAMILY looking for a little more prayer help.

On May 20th, I had my 1st post chemo PET scan. For those that dont know what a PET is...well it is a CT using radio active sugar that is absorbed by cancerous cells/tumors.

Vman takes a deep breath....

My liver is showing a new spot and no growth or shrinkage in the current ones. In both lungs....a have numerous sports that "lit" up on the PET. So it is confirmed...I have cancer in not only my liver but also both lungs.

This is not the news Brenda and I were looking for after 8 months of chemo. I started a new set of drugs Friday May 30th for another 6 months. The bright side...this is not the WORST news either......

The new chemo is BRUTAL. I threw up over 20 times in 2 days. My throat tissue was burnt from the acid I kept spitting up. I could hardly eat and lost 12 pounds in 48 hours. Plus the treatment in LONG. I was in the Cancer Center from 9:45am to 5:00pm.

I am still reeling from the side effect of one of the drugs I just came off of....my fingers and feet are numb. It can be painful just to walk, type, write etc during the day.

But, there are MANY positives from this scan. The cancer has not spread past my lungs. Yes I know we are facing many more months of chemo plus a few more surgeries.

Right now I am doing more than surviving...I am thriving. Cancer SURVIVORS in the treatment plan I am on do not play softball, they do not ride at a brisk pace up in the mountains and none that I know of ride at a race pace at a track day.

God is so REAL to me. People say that I am amazing, strong, an inspiration...yes maybe I am all those but my strength comes from ABOVE. I know without God, I would already be dead. HE has blessed me with another 8 months on this Earth.

There are times I feel like "is this chemo really worth the pain?" or "do I really need to continue?" I have so much to be thankful for......I am not ready to throw in the towel and quit. I just am tightening up the laces on my gloves, stepping back in the ring and I will continue to FIGHT this terrible disease.

People have asked, "do you need anything?" The answer is a LOUD yes. Brenda and I covet your prayers. We both know that I am in the battle for my life, my very right to exist. I cannot express what all the calls, PM's, posts from my FAMILY here mean to us. It just helps to know you are not in this FIGHT alone......

Thanks for listening......

We're all here for you, Kevin. I wish we were closer and could do more. Hang in there.

And yes, you are an inspriation and you are strong. As you said, other patients on this treatment aren't playing softball or riding in the mountains. Remember that.

Fight the good fight Kevin, we are here praying for you.
please.gif

This brings tears to my eyes you are one strong man you and your family will be in my prayors.

kevin i have an answer to your question (do i need to continue)? Well for that 5 minutes we talked about how i was riding and you gave me your advice that is the first time in my life i have ever had someone compliment me on my riding and to watch you take a bike you never really rode and do that you dont know how it makes someone our size feel. So yes it is worth it some days are worse than others but remmebr this 2 sentances out of your mouth put a smile on someone for a week now

get better keep it up and i cant wait to ride with you again or maybe come see you at a track day hang out at your shop for the day i am always looking for a job like you got

hang in there no one has ever succeded by giving up and prayers are sent to you and your loving wife

GOOD LUCK KEVIN

My family and I pray for you and yours every day my friend and brother.

Kevin, been wondering how things were going, sorry to read this. Know that anything you need, just let us know and again, if you find that you have questions, the offer still stands for getting you answers. I'll keep you in my thoughts, keep up the great moral and living life to the fullest
beerchug.gif

Stay strong, we are here for you brother.

Kevin you are an inspiration to all of us..
bowdown.gif

Prayers will continue for both you and Brenda..
peace.gif

prayers are sent for you every day brother...sometimes we don't know why we go through the things that we do but i KNOW that there is a greater purpose and design...to you my friend
bowdown.gif

Kevin, this is not what I wanted to be reading right when I got off work. You know the Lord doesn't give you more than you can handle so you must be a VERY strong man. It's obvious the Lord is blessing you. Many people wonder how our God could let something like this happen to someone so good, compationate, and always willing to help anyone. God has a plan for all of us, even your cancer is working in his plan. You may never know the whole reason for it till you meet him face to face but one thing is for sure.....you are an inspiration to everyone who knows you and a great example of Christianity. Sometimes it's the valleys we go through that the Lord shows himself the clearest. God bless you, Kevin and know you are in my prayers continually!

I can't add anything to what the others have said, only give you my full support and prayers. You truly are an inspiration. Thank you for that.

Wow Kevin. Add me to the "brought tears to my eyes" group. Reading your words were an inspiration to me. After reading them, I bowed my head and asked Jesus to be there for you and your family and to keep giving you strength. I will continue to pray for you and your family Kevin.

Stay stong.....LIVESTRONG! Lance did it, so can you. See you in April!
thumb_up.gif

Kevin, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know you can and will beat this!

Continue to think and be positive, Kevin! Thoughts and prayers go out to you and Brenda.

Back