Scala-rider® Q2 Multiset Headset

To summarize the other thread, I use them for bike-to-bike and love it. Much smaller footprint than a chatterbox. Not as long distance as chatterbox but it works great for when riding together and only want to talk to 1 other bike.

I use them. For the price they can't be beat. I had to send my first pair back because I was having some unknown cause of problem. Rather than make us spend all sorts of time in back and forth "try this" troubleshooting, they just sent me 2 new pairs and they have worked just fine. The FM radoi function is pretty usless however. Doesn't matter as you can pipe in any source you want thru Bluetooth coupling.

The review I got was that Chatterbox worked better than the Scala:beerchug:

Thanks for the reply's.. I also been reading some past threads, sometimes even I forget that search is your friend.. Thanks for the reminder Thinker.. :thumbsup:

For what it is designed to do, it is one of the best. Don't buy one if you want to do group talking.
I have one, works great, bike to ONE bike and the phone.
They have superior speakers and mic.

Added Autocom for group rides and use ER6i earbud speakers on the autocom.
Chatter box is a very good system for group talk.
They have a similar system to cardo now, bike to bike, passenger, no group talk.

It is a difficult decision, really have to decide your needs and weigh all the options.

It's an interesting time for this topic... Busa159 and I tested all three this weekend Scala, Autocom and Chatterbox.

At the end of my testing with the Scala and Chatterbox I gotta tell ya the quality of sound and performance of the Scala is my favorite if (Note the If) there are only two of you. The duplex communication along with the small size makes it great for two.. Did I mention the sound was clear?

The chatterbo that I used also had some great features to it too.. The VOX worked okay once I figured out the setting but I was used to the duplex comms and it took a little to get used to.. Very very loud, not the clearest but very loud. The distance was great for the Chatterbox too, Busa159 pulled ahead about 1.5 miles and I was able to converse with him even when he went over a hill or around a corner, you won't get that from a Scala.....

Busa159 had the Autocom so I will have to leave it to him to tell you how that works but I think he has talked me into his setup or something similiar.

Busa159 runs a scala day to day since he usually just rides with one other person... When its time for a group ride or he wants to listen to music he plugs his earphones into the autocom and can hear the bluetooth GPS or talk on the phone and still talk to the chatterbox users on FRS....

I don't think there is one comm system out there that will do it all...

cap

I love my Autocom! It's very versatile; has many different connectivity options. It comes with multiple inputs allowing you to plug in phone, MP3, Satellite radio, radar detector, GPS, two-way radio, bluetooth, and a passenger headset.

When I first got mine, I had my phone, MP3, XMradio, two-way (walkie-talkie), and passenger hooked up.

I since upgraded to a Zumo 550 and the bluetooth module. Now, the Zumo is my MP3, XM radio and phone interface! It is bluetooth connected to the Autocom. Then I still have the two-way for bike-to-bike (works with Chatterboxes), and the passenger lead.

This means that when I'm riding, I'll be listening to tunes (MP3 or XM) and when a phone call comes in, the music cuts off and all I have to do is touch the Zumo screen and answer the call. When the call is ended, the music continues. When I'm riding with a group, my two-way is in the hump and I have a PTT button mounted on the left grip; I used the two-way on the group ride at the fall bash. MC Mustang also has an Autocom and he and I were both chatting with each other and all the other guys with Chatterboxes.

Doyle - check out this thread, it has some pics of my setup, including the Autocom, the PTT button, Zumo, two-way, etc. I mount my phone on the tree only to plug it into power. Otherwise, it will just sit in my Bagster since it's Bluetooth attached to the Zumo.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks Omar that's sounds like a nice set up.. :thumbsup:

And thank you all for your help.. :bowdown:

Back