My new Scala Rider Q2

the Sirius unit you have, if it will stream over FM, then YES it will stream MP3`s also, thats how people use them in the car with out having to hard wire them. Thats how my set-up works. FM mod. is a great thing.

Sounds good too.

Josh
Yep I have the cable to actually hard wire it to my truck but the FM way is working great for me. I have the Sportster series so I don't have the mp3 playing on it. But, I have a cell phone that runs bluetooth stereo so I am good there..

and BUSA_CHeMiST thanks for everything..  
bowdown.gif
shake.gif
always here to help bro! My stem mount and accessory wiring harness should be here first thing monday AM, so i will be going thru a step by step on the install of Sat radio.

Will definately try the FM mode route when I get it all hooked up.
ThumbsUp.gif

the Sirius unit you have, if it will stream over FM, then YES it will stream MP3`s also, thats how people use them in the car with out having to hard wire them. Thats how my set-up works. FM mod. is a great thing.

Sounds good too.

Josh
Ok, just did some searching to learn that my Sirius unit DOES have the capability to stream via some unused FM station. The only "tricky" part is you have to set your FM radio (our headset in this case) to a KNOWN FM STATION, then you can use the FM button on my sirius docking station and program in that particular FM station and voila! You got sound.

Only problem is knowing which FM station you are on with the SCALA headset. Could always do a trial and error, but thats a lot of different frequenices to try.
rock.gif

Maybe i get lucky and pick it on the first try
whistling.gif

Looking forward to your install, I have the Sportster 4, and I also bought the motorcycle docking platform, just havn't hooked it up yet. Actually, I was going to see where the best location is. I have my Zumo 550 mounted on my Techmount stem stand.

Ok, just did some searching to learn that my Sirius unit DOES have the capability to stream via some unused FM station.  The only "tricky" part is you have to set your FM radio (our headset in this case) to a KNOWN FM STATION, then you can use the FM button on my sirius docking station and program in that particular FM station and voila!  You got sound.

Only problem is knowing which FM station you are on with the SCALA headset.  Could always do a trial and error, but thats a lot of different frequenices to try.  
rock.gif

Maybe i get lucky and pick it on the first try  
whistling.gif
I would get a radio that you can actually see the channels on. Tune that to a channel that there is no way in hell you would ever get a signal. Then set your Sirius to that channel. The best channel for sirius to work on is a channel that you NEVER get a signal at all. Once you set the Sirius channel, turn the Sirius to say ohhh howard stern or something that you would never get on an FM channel. Then try and get your scala to pick it up.    
beerchug.gif

Received my Q2 today charged it up and hooked it up to my new GMAX Dragon helmet. Had it connected to my Voyager phone in seconds. Walked out to the truck and turned on the Sirius Radio(Sportster series) and kept adjusting the FM on the Q2 then bang I found the right channel(The Q2 can actually save up to 6 FM channels)within about 2 minutes. I even got out of the truck leaving the sirius unit hooked to the truck and I still could hear the the broadcast about 10 feet from the truck. I have yet to try it on the bike but if it works in the truck it should work on the bike. The Q2 is picking up the FM so it has nothing to do with the vehicles.

So now hopefully I am finally wireless to my bike again...
ThumbsUp.gif

blitz, how was the signal comin in to ur helmet with the FM channel you picked on the Sirius? I ended up buying a Belkin FM transmitter than can be plugged into the audio OUT of the sat radio and gives a signal "boost". My Q2 pickes it up o.k., but not great. there is still some static.

Now, i did buy the BTA II bluetooth adapter that cardo makes. This is not A2DP supported, but neither is the Q2 headset. I can get audio to stream from my Sat radio on the bike to my helmet via a bluetooth connection to the adapter, but the actual sound quality is poor. Also, it takes the place of having a phone connected to it, so thats a negative.

So, its either
#1.) Use the FM channel and sometimes get good output, sometimes get a bit scratchy output.
#2.) Use the BTA II adapter and get perfect audio output to Q2, but sacrifice some serious sound quality.

Think i will continue to take my chances with the FM method, as to keep my access to my cell phone and any other rider-to-rider com's.!!

Now u just have to move closer man so we can try these things out bike-to-bike!
thumb_up.gif

you try other FM channels? should be clear. and sound good. In East Texas you should'ent have much prob,,try 88.8fm although the FCC restricted the FM transmeters the last 5 years,it should still work clear. The older radios work best...Good luck

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
blitz,how was the signal comin in to ur helmet with the FM channel you picked on the Sirius? I ended up buying a Belkin FM transmitter than can be plugged into the audio OUT of the sat radio and gives a signal "boost". My Q2 pickes it up o.k., but not great. there is still some static. [/quote]

I just have my Sirius radio with no booster. Matter of fact I don't even have the supplied ant that came with the kit to boost the FM signal on the radio. Didn't need it for the truck the signal was great without it. I left my sirius unit(Sportster) in the truck base and started searching FM channels on the Q2. Took me about 5 mins to find the right channel. Then I saved that channel(you can store 6 different channels in the Q2). Setting in the truck the signal was GREAT. I stepped out of the truck and the signal was still great at 5 ft. After that 5 ft mark it started to get some static. I could still hear the sirius station until I hit about 10 to 12 ft from the truck.

I actually have 6 presets for both my stereo and Sirius player because it will come in best when you have absolutely ZERO signal with the Sirius unit turned off. If you even have slight reception it might cause your sirius unit to get static when you turn it on. That is why when I seen that the Q2 has 6 presets I was happy. I can change the presets to get a better reception if the signal gets weak. Could it be that I have the Sportster and you have the Stiletto that is causing the difference? Does your unit come with an ant booster that plugs into the audio out like mine?

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
So,its either
#1.) Use the FM channel and sometimes get good output, sometimes get a bit scratchy output.
#2.) Use the BTA II adapter and get perfect audio output to Q2, but sacrifice some serious sound quality.[/quote]

Without a question I would use option #1...

Now u just have to move closer man so we can try these things out bike-to-bike![/quote]

You find me a job and Im there...  
whistling.gif

laugh.gif

yeah, i honestly believe that the stiletto 2 with its "vehicle kit" might not have as strong of an FM transmitter as your sportster.

My stiletto 2 vehicle unit does have an Fm out port to plug in the inlcuded extra FM antenna but i tried it, didn't do much. The extra antenna had to literally be RIGHT next to my Q2 for me to get crystal clear reception. I will keep playing with this unit and my new FM transmitter (Belkin) to see what I can do.

I rode with it up to Tyler the other day to get a new tire and using the FM method it came in at probably 85-90%, just slight static, moreso in some places than others. It definately does not have the range like yours Blitz.

I got some extra time this AM, wil get out and play with it and some of the local FM stations.
thumb_up.gif

Good luck man,,,,gonna be nice today,,,i'm planning on a ride to mabank,,Got some land out there i need to check on.
beerchug.gif

If you out rideing later send me a text,,will be out that way about 2:30,,Richard 972-948-6352  
beerchug.gif

eh, its only about 52 right now, supposed to get to about 65 today. I'm sittin here waitin on FedEx to drop off my new one piece Technic racing suit so I can try it out
thumb_up.gif

eh, its only about 52 right now, supposed to get to about 65 today.  I'm sittin here waitin on FedEx to drop off my new one piece Technic racing suit so I can try it out  
thumb_up.gif
It's 14 in Chicago. I'm sitting here waiting on UPS so they can bring me my new two peice snow suit and shovel so I can go out and deice my effing driveway.

Have fun guys!!!!

eh, its only about 52 right now, supposed to get to about 65 today.  I'm sittin here waitin on FedEx to drop off my new one piece Technic racing suit so I can try it out  
thumb_up.gif
It's 14 in Chicago.  I'm sitting here waiting on UPS so they can bring me my new two peice snow suit and shovel so I can go out and deice my effing driveway.  

Have fun guys!!!!
Now thats funny.
laugh.gif
Just think of us in July when you have perfect weather ,and were roasting in 100f +
wowold.gif

yeah, i honestly believe that the stiletto 2 with its "vehicle kit" might not have as strong of an FM transmitter as your sportster.

My stiletto 2 vehicle unit does have an Fm out port to plug in the inlcuded extra FM antenna but i tried it, didn't do much.  The extra antenna had to literally be RIGHT next to my Q2 for me to get crystal clear reception.  I will keep playing with this unit and my new FM transmitter (Belkin) to see what I can do.  

I rode with it up to Tyler the other day to get a new tire and using the FM method it came in at probably 85-90%, just slight static, moreso in some places than others.  It definately does not have the range like yours Blitz.

I got some extra time this AM, wil get out and play with it and some of the local FM stations.  
thumb_up.gif
I hear ya.. Well I have the Sportster 4 and now that they came out with the Sportster 5 you can get the 4 pretty cheap. You can get a whole system for WAY under $100 shipped. Not sure if that is an option for ya or not just throwing out some ideas...

Back