Sad day in Washington... Four officers ambushed and killed.

I'm not angry about the outcome.

I was trying to point out basically the same thing as you... but going deeper into this end of the conversation is only playing with fire. :beerchug:

Yeah! I agree. I don't think they are ready for it either!

I am glad no more cops were injured, really all that matters to me. Think it will make the healing process easier with him gone though for all families, the slain police officers an the suspects also.

I can feel your pain thru your words,I feel sorry for the officers that died and their families,but it still doesn't make it right.I would rather have had a chance to sit and talk to the gentleman than to watch the last breath of life pass from his body thru a lense of a telescope...Have you ever wanted someone to listen to your pains and they wouldn't?what was your first reaction to them ignoring you?We as a world need to embrace each other as God and all his people once did,they all eat from the same loaf of bread can yu say you have done that with a stranger lately?1 fish can feed a family but a greedy man will never be full from 1 sandwich..

I'm gonna leave it alone cause what it all shows me as I read is there is no compassion for man kind regardless of his faults,hence the reason the world's affairs are washing away as the toilet flushes with each move of the toilets paddle..God Died for all of our sins who are we to judge.

Probably best you do.

What do you mean?

Saying anything in the direction of we need to be compassionate for a person such as this, he is a murderer of people who lay their life on the line for the safety of the public.
Posted via Mobile Device

You only feel compassion for who you see fit. It should not be for no one else to decide you. As for the situation at hand I don't know any of the people involved, but I know one thing for sure. A man just don't walk up to anybody and turn their lights out for no reason. There was some motive to his action. The comment the policeman gave about it not being important is a mistake on his part. If you do not try to understand why! How can you prevent or reduce the chances of it from happening again in the future.

I know that some feel that they live in a perfect little world and that all authority figures are on the level, but you may as well wake up to the real world. Just last night a Durham NC cop was arrested for DUI and they tried to slip him through the judicial system under the radar. The Florida cops not long ago tried to frame that young lady for a accident that was their fault. The cops in Oakland Ca that shot the young man to death while hand cuffed (Not too long after four Oakland officers died in a shooting).

What you fail to realize is that sometimes the good guys pay for the bad guys underhanded work. Maybe the guy was mistreated or violated by some other authorities and those four were just in the wrong place at the wrong time . Anyway some body was going to get got.

I'm sure all the other crimes he's committed were of retaliation as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well! Like I said. I don't know anyone in Washington so I don't know what the whole story is on their backgrounds. What I am talking about now is what may have drove him to the point of what he just recently did.

As for the comment about the soldiers. You know that it is not a video game and all the technology and training in the world is going to save everybody. If you are referring to the Iraq and Afgan war then yeah chances are you are going to get got. I have a cousin over there now and I would tell him the same thing! As a matter of fact I keep in touch with him from time to time to make sure he is alright. I have an uncle that is a vietnam vet and he tries to hide it but I know he has seen some buddies not come back and it gets to him. The military grabs them young because they don't know any better!

:banghead:
SORRY, once you cross the line, the need for understanding is moot.
Mad dogs should be dealt with accordingly and as such.
You want to deter crime, be brutal with it. All the bleeding hearts
only encorage improper behavior. Your either a benifit to society or a burden...
and the gene pool can use a little chlorine.

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children.
Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner,
locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges.
You are carrying a Glock .40, and you are an expert shot. You have mere
seconds before he reaches you and your family.

Democrat's (Liberal's) Answer
Does the man look poor or Oppressed?
Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
Could we run away?
What does my wife think?
What about the kids?
Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
What does the law say about this situation?
Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it?
Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
Should I call 9-1-1?
Why is this street so deserted?
We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed day and make this a happier,
healthier street that would discourage such behavior.

Republicans answer

BANG!

Southern Republican's Answer

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
*click*

Daughter: "Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips?

Last edited:
He got what he had coming to him. At least we won't be spending taxpayer $$$ to defend his sorry Azz and see him get off because of some technicality. Too often the punishment happens so far in the future that it's no longer tied to the crime and does not serve as a deterrent to others who might have similar thoughts.

It really is a shame; all of these people were some mother's son or daughter and all were born innocent. But you reap what you sow.

Life is life,I can't believe you all think it's right that he is dead....hmmm hope none of you ever have a mental breakdown or something tradgic in life turns you against what you believe in today...what is 1 of theten commandments?Are you know better than God to decide?You'll better start rethinking what your beliefs were before this day...

Your f'in kidding me right. Eye for an eye Too friggin bad he couldn't be killed 4 times.:kissass:

It' s very sad to hear of the slaying of these four officers. As far as their muderer, he got what he deserved! The slaying could have been an attempted suicide by cop to begin with. When he went for a firearm, at the traffic stop, that was his bad. Had I been in that officer' s shoes, my weapon would have been out of my holster, and pointed at the suspect as soon as I made a positive ID. The second he made an deliberate move towards a firearm, he would have had 2 rounds center mass, and I' d add continue to double-tap until he ceased such movement. That officer was fully within his right and duty. He.....unlike his slain fellow officers went home at the end of his shift, because he did what the suspect forced him to do.

For those of you defending him, it was him or the the officer. If you were in that same situation, are you going to just stand there and let him kill you because "it' s not right to kill" him?? There is a distinct difference between killing someone and murdering them. I didn' t understand it myself 3 years ago. Murder is the defined as the unlawful killing of a human being. Killing someone is defined as causing the death of an organism. Whether it be a dog, bear, lion, or another human being, if it' s trying to kill you or someone else, how is it wrong to kill the aggressor?

This guy may have had issues from the past, that made him think it' d be a good idea to gun down four officers. Maybe he' d been mistreated by other officers, but were his victims to blame for the others? As Haya said, maybe he was off his mental meds. That very well could be. I' ve dealt with people who on their meds, can function as normal people. Off their meds in atleast one case, they can eat their own feces as a midnight snack. Seriously, we have one such case at work. As long as they' re in our custody, they stay on their meds. When they get released, they stop taking meds, start acting up, and come right back. When they aren' t forced to take meds they don' t, and therefore should not be able to interact with society Oh Haya, some people do kill without reason. There is currently one inmate at the jail who shot a man in the back, while he was riding on his bike. He returned to the scene in another vehicle, to watch the man die. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and is a completely senseless shooting.

It' s not right to believe this guy should be dead right now, right? Those of you who think this, I' m sure would changer your mind if he killed your parents, spouse, kids, etc. There is a guy here who was 100% for the death penalty, until his son held hostages up in a bank, raped women, forced them to perform oral on each other, and murdered several people. Now.....he don' t believe in that no more....

As previously stated, if this guy could have been apprehended alive, he would be a hero to some inmates. The financial burden would have been on the taxpayers, to provide him with an attorney to prove his innocense, then to provide him with clothes, food, hygeine, and boarding for the rest of his life. Also, while he would be a hero to some, he would also have a lot of enemies. I know a lot of cops, who have a lot of family members in jail. A lot of inmates actually respect cops, and and form connections with them. Some of them will protect an officer, or get revenge on other inmates for harm caused to an officer. The penal institution housing this guy would have had to protect him from other inmates.

We had an officer here get shot three times in an incident, a few months back. His sister works at the jail, and his attacker is housed in the facility she works in. When they found the shooter, officers were hoping that he would have brandished a weapon, so they could take care of him. He hurt one of their brothers. Almost killed him, he' s been out of work ever since, neither his medical insurance or employer are paying his medical bills. He can never return to the roll patrol again.

This murderer got what he wanted! :agree:

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims' friends and families.

Thin_Blue_line.png

Last edited:
:banghead:
SORRY, once you cross the line, the need for understanding is moot.
Mad dogs should be dealt with accordingly and as such.
You want to deter crime, be brutal with it. All the bleeding hearts
only encorage improper behavior. Your either a benifit to society or a burden...
and the gene pool can use a little chlorine.

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children.
Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner,
locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges.
You are carrying a Glock .40, and you are an expert shot. You have mere
seconds before he reaches you and your family.

Democrat's (Liberal's) Answer
Does the man look poor or Oppressed?
Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
Could we run away?
What does my wife think?
What about the kids?
Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
What does the law say about this situation?
Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it?
Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
Should I call 9-1-1?
Why is this street so deserted?
We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed day and make this a happier,
healthier street that would discourage such behavior.

Republicans answer

BANG!

Southern Republican's Answer

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
*click*

Daughter: "Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips?

Smart Persons Answer

I wouldn't walk my family down a deserted street!:rofl:

Back