running from \"the man\"

Todd, I understand that 18 year old boys are very popular in the prison system. Do you know the songs "Looking for love in all the wrong places" and "Strangers in the night"? If you run over my family on the sidewalk, you'll be lucky if there is anything left to lodge.

Tough to admit that some of the most glorified cops are worse than many of the criminals isn't it? This one is not only molesting young girls but he even killed a young woman and her child while chasing a motorcycle. Wake up and smell the coffee for a change Kirk! I would hope that anyone who is negligent in a way way where others are injured or killed would be prosecuted and that goes for cops as well as regular citizens.

As the AP report above clearly proves - cops are NOT prosecuted for their negligence but instead rewarded with accolades. If you can't see this problem by now then it's doubtful you ever will.

What goes around comes around and now this particular criminal cop will get his. I hope he enjoys prison life where he will get to service all the low life scum.

Call a SWAT sniper and kill the hostage.
Protect and Serve - what a joke.

ORLANDO, Fla., July 25 — A police sniper fired the shot that killed a woman being held hostage by a murder suspect during a three-day standoff, authorities said Tuesday

Whoops.

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 26 July 2000).]

ahhhhhh! The post that never dies.... you gotta love it.... I take back everything I have said.....

Who cares anymore....lol

Kirk, a couple of glaring discrepencies in your Typhoon post:

who says 36# injectors are for a blown/turbo'd engine only? Ever hear of altering injector duration?

a big roller cam is not what would work well in a turbo motor. You have to trap the charge to make use of it, and a turbo wants a cam without much overlap. Blower motors are more forgiving as far as camshaft choices go.

A Moroso super cool can inline with the intercooler? WTF are you talking about? A cool can has a winding fuel line inside a compartment to put ice in, thus cooling the fuel. An intercooler cools the intake air charge after the turbo before the throttle body(ies).

Care to clarify?

I'm still not buying. I have been an oral board interviewer and a background investigator, and even if this guy managed to slip past, there is absolutely no way that he would pass the psyche. I have kept it to myself because I saw no need to embarrass the guy, but I think that he is a security guard or some other kind of police groupie. He probably has a family member that is a peace officer and knows just enough to be able to BS anybody who has never been a police officer. Call the agency that he claims to work for and try to verify his employment. I'll bet you can't.

Kirk, I know a couple of guys that are on the local police force around here that are crazy as hell, I grew up with them in the valley and they talk about shooting people,knocking heads with their stick, giving good looking chicks the run around on car stops to get their phone numbers, used steriods when training with weights, have Harleys with loud illegal pipes,and I can go on. Bottom line they are good and evil in everyone. If you lied once in your life you will lie again and again. Only person that did not lie is Jesus. Ride safe all.

Good Job Turbo1,

Here's my beef, "pushing snow with the intercooler"

Syclones and Typhoons have Air/water intercoolers, not air/air. Therefore the intercooler isn't placed in the front in fact it's up high above the valve cover, so to push snow with it you'd have to 'ave rolled it. :p

[This message has been edited by Jamie (edited 28 July 2000).]

Sure. Driveability sucks if you use injectors that are too large. Yes, you can alter the duty cycle or pulse width to deliver the correct volume, but if you have ever done it, it's much easier to get them to run right with the correct sized injectors. The math is simple. Stoichiometric for gasoline is about 14.7:1, but optimum horsepower dictates running a little more rich than that just to make extra sure that you don't run out of fuel molecules first. If you get carried away and run too rich, that will hurt power also. It takes about .5lb of fuel per horsepower per hour with gasoline to reach this somewhat richer than 14.7:1 by weight. Interestingly enough, an engines BSFC is usually lowest at the engines torque peak. Let's say that you want to build a 500hp Typhoon. You already know that it's going to take about 250lbs of fuel per hour to get there. divide 250 by the six cylinders and you get the correct injector size. In this case, there are readily available 40# injectors and proms to control 40# injectors, so it is a slam dunk. Do the math and tell me what kind of normally aspirated engine is going to need 36# injectors. As far as the cool can goes, the Moroso Super Cool Can is a blue plastic jobbie that is insulated to keep the ice from melting from underhood heat. It has a liquid to liquid finned aluminum heat exchanger inside. It's designed purpose is to ice fuel. The Typhoon uses an air-to-water-to-air intercooler because of space constraints. There is a small radiator under the engines radiator that is fed air by a cutout in the front bumper cover, some simple ducting, and a black plastic flap underneath. It has no fan, so it cannot reject heat well while the vehicle is not moving (like in the staging lanes and on the launch pad). It uses and elecctric pump mounted behind the front sway bar to pump a 50/50 mixture of ethelyne glycol (antifreeze) that is separate from the engines coolant. It pumps up to a liquid to air intercooler located right beside the sideways mounted TPI throttle body, between the intake manifold plenum and the turbocharger compressor housing. The pump comes on at 234F, rendering the intercooler largely useless in stock form. I added Redline water wetter to the intercooler to improve it's ability to reduce charge air temperatures. I hard-wired the yellow wire with black tracer from the intercooler pump relay on the firewall to ground, causing the intercooler to pump any time the ignition key was on. I installed the super cool can in the left front area of the engine compartment, where the factory air box was before I installed the fenderwell ram air kit. I plumbed it into the intercooler coolant lines so that I could ice the intercooler. The pump runs and cools the intercooler while idling in the staging lanes in anticipation of impending boost. I put the trans in OD, skip the burnout box, roll straight forward and light the first light to rush my opponent. As soon as he finishes his burnout and lights his first light, I roll in. I wait for him to leave, and then foot brake it to about 3600rpm on the tach. I got about 10lbs of boost showing. On the last amber, I step off. 1.6 seconds later, I trip the 60' lights (on the factory all-season radials). I let the trans shift itself at about 5500rpm, and hopefully I catch my opponent just before the finish line. "Big" is a relative term. The stock cam was about 194 duration at .050" and the truck upshifted wide open at about 3800rpm (Best of 13.38 stone stock). The new cam I think was about 215 at .050" and peaked at about 5500rpm. I think the lobe centers were about 115 degrees apart. It needed a smooth idle to pass state emissions testing.

Well, I wouldn't want you to have a problem. We pushed snow with the little radiator that is part of the air-to-water-to-air intercooler.

Thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't aware that the Typhoon/Syclone had air to water intercoolers. Also, since a turbo cam usually has a good idle due to design I don't think the "smooth idle for emissions" was intentional, more like incidental.

P.S.
There are quite a few drag racers that would frown on you rushing to light the first pre-stage, that's not very sportsmanlike.

No, lighting the second light would be unsportsmanlike. Rushing in to light the first light is playing to my vehicle's advantages. Most drag racers frown at being put on the trailer. Years ago I won a double points Pro ET race with a broken car. In the quarters, I launched my little rotary Mazda stickshift door car at about 9000rpm and broke a ladder bar mount. The car made a sudden move, but I stayed in it and won the round. Back in the pits, We quickly discovered the damage. My wife didn't want me to barrel roll it in the lights in the next round. I explained that I only had to leave the line under my own power to collect my round money, and I promised her that I would not launch the car or run it through for mph either. I drew a single for the semis, and so I didn't let on that the car was broken. I just lit both lights, and at the green, let out the clutch and drove to the other end like I was going for a gallon of milk at the corner grocery store. My opponent for the finals must have thought that I was just saving the car. When we were called up on deck for the finals, I drove straight to the line, lit both lights (this was before there was a rule against that), and brought the engine up to 9000rpm. I rushed him so much that he didn't even realize that I had not done a burnoff. He hurridly heated his tires, rolled forward and staged, and when his side of the tree came down, he red lit. I let the engine back down to an idle, eased the clutch out, and collected a win. I've been drag racing for 21 years, and I'll take them any way I can get them.

[This message has been edited by Kirk (edited 28 July 2000).]

I disagree, rushing to turn on the first bulb is unsportsmanlike, the second is against the rules in most organizations if your opponent hasn't even turned on the first. Recall what Paul Gast did for Rickey Gadson at a pro stock final, you may learn something about sportsmanship. Win at any/all costs means nothing, winning on a level playing field means everything. The camaraderie at the dragstrip is something that once experienced will never be forgotten, I sincerely hope you haven't lost sight of this.

Back