running from \"the man\"

OB_GSXRboy

Registered
c_rod2000 - A little off on a couple things :-) I live in the Plymouth/Canton area and Mirror Image Polishing did everything to my bike. Everything being polish, chrome wheels, chrome stuff, 8" Trac Arm, etc. etc. They always take care of me and do great work! I'm not real certain where Woodhaven is but I know where the Gibralter Trade Center is in Taylor and in Mt. Clemens....

Why run when you can walk away from anything. It's called keeping your insurance rate down and cleaning out the carbon from the pipes. Ride Safe all

No one F**ks you. You F**k yourself. Tickets are not trophys. They are paperwork. On our trip to Tahoe, we were passing cars out in the middle of nowhere. I passed, and from a quarter mile away I could read the words "State Police" on the back of this little white Jeep Cherokee. I don't know how fast I was going, but I nailed the brakes before my radar profile became bigger than the tractor-trailer rig that I had just passed. I tried to signal to the others, but the next rider came by me at about 160 anyway. He just about did a 140mph stoppie beside the trooper when he realized what he was passing. The trooper cut him off to pull him over. Dan did not fail "the test" and was given a warning. Dan is single and in his 20s. It happens. I wrote one citation in three years. I did it because the driver failed "the test". Be a man. Nobody made you go and buy it and then made you hold the throttle open. There is a time and a place. We get cut a huge amount of slack around here. They usually tell us to go out in the middle of nowhere and do it. If I do something stupid and get nailed for it, that's my fault. He is doing the job that I as a taxpayer am paying him to do. And give the donut thing a rest. That is a myth. It's Starbucks, and any bento place. Oh, and Mr. Fool- You may not know as much as you think you know. I'll tell you a little (true) story. My younger brother gets a call one day. He pulls out of this apartment complex near an intersection and pulls up to the light, which is red. He hits the lights and siren, goes through the intersection, and half way through, his dispatcher calls him back to cancel the call. He shuts off the lights and siren, and pulls into a convenience store on the other side of the intersection to go get a cup of coffee. This mousey little housewife comes squeeling in, and sticks her finger in his face, saying "I saw that! I'm reporting you!".

Oh shut up all of you!!! Little kids in the sandbox can't play nice, for cripes sake. WE ALL RIDE THE KING. Remember? Same side? Wanna piss/moan go pick on 12 riders.

geez :(

99.999% of all pursuits end one way: when the bad guy crashes out. It is way easier to chase than to be chased. Cars corner way better than bikes. Consider that an RPO 9C1 Caprice can corner way better than you can, will do in excess of 150mph, has a partner to work the radio, has way better lights, a full gas tank that gives him range in multiples of yours, and there are a bunch more just like it that are driven by people who may be willing to put down their Lattes to come see you make a stain of yourself on the pavement. Not to mention the fact that all police officers get really good driver training on track days. I've only lost one pursuit, and I started way too far back. I honestly don't know if he knows that he was being pursued. I'm sure that someone else got him on another day. At least I didn't spill my Bento all over the inside of the car.

And God help you if you run afoul of an RPO B4C pursuit Camaro. It is a special version of the showroom stock race car. Baffled gas tank, engine oil cooler, power steering cooler, monster sway bars, brutal springs, suspension bushings harder than the seat on a ZX-12R, "cop shocks", etc..

their is only one thing that you guys are forgetting about cop cars. they cannot catch a bike in traffic that is riding everywhere but the lane! fk if i had to i would hop on the sidewalk for a brief moment to get on that side street. get my point. i got chased the other day in a busy cruisin spot. no i did not go '"140mph" i went about 60mph. he had his lights on and everything but could not get his way around all the soccer moms to get me.By the time he got to the cross road i was giving him the finger doin 120mph the opposite way!( oh yeah i went straight home and layed low on the bike for about a week!)now if i would have got pulled over for doin 20 over. Just because i wasnt paying attention to my speedo i would lose my busa insurance privlages. i dont think so.

oh yeah,kirk someones gonna say you cant outrun the radio blah blah blah, ect. true you cant. but in a city their is so many side streets and hiding places you could even chill for a while if you had to.it doesnt matter if the cops have a mclaren f1 i will outrun them in the city any day anytime!thats my .02cents

I can tell about a recent incident I had with a Highway Patrol car.

This happened three weeks ago, two weeks BEFORE I got my Busa. It was a Sunday afternoon, late, I was riding my ZX11 down my favorite twisty road close to my home. I'm on my way back and coming around a long left hand sweeper, moving at a fairly high rate of speed. I had the bike leaned way over on its left, probably less than an inch of ground clearance left(the ZX11 has footpegs that touch down early). As I went around the sweeper I see a parked California Highway Patrol car on the left side of the road. I don't make eye contact with the guy inside but it's obvious how fast I'm going just by the lean angle. Plus, this road is notorious for speeding sportbikers and the CHP knows it as they conduct regular patrols. So I blast by the CHP car, and as I stand my bike up for the next right hand bend, I get a second or two to look at my rear views. I see a cloud of dust as the CHP car whips around to make U. I don't see the car switch on its lights however although it's obvious what that cop wanted to do. I guess I went by so fast the cop didn't get the chance to turn on his lights. Maybe he was eating his freakin' donut and spilled his freakin' coffee as I surprised the s h i t out of him. Who knows?

So it's decision time for me. Do I slow it down and wait for the CHP to pull me over like a good citizen? Like a man? Or should I keep going at the same pace then wait for the CHP to pull me over? Afterall, why should I give him the satisfaction of not even letting him catch up? I choose the latter....except I increase the pace a little. Why the dumbs h i t choice? A month prior, I got a stupid speeding ticket for going 68 on a 50 at 7AM in the middle of nowhere with nobody else around but me and a motorcop. I didn't think I deserve that ticket for I was not endangering anyone or even came close to being reckless. I was being a good citizen, only breaking the speed limit by so much in a road where everyone, including cars go fast in. The motorcop seemed happy to give me a ticket. Must be some kind of trophy thing for him to give a guy on a ZX11 a ticket for he joked about how my bike isn't fast enough for the local Sheriff. I was p i s s e d for having to pay $200 bucks for a minor offense that everybody else committs. I paid my dues to society and this is how society pays me back by hiring a motorcop with an attitude trained to go after me for more money out of my pocket? I swallowed that bitter pill. But this time, I won't make it that easy.

So I increase the pace to build some distance between me and the CHP. Luckily, the road I was on had many sweepers and lots of cars and there's only one lane going each way. Piece of cake on a bike like the ZX11 to simply slice through slow moving traffic. And the sweepers where exactly the kind of turns, the only kind of turns actually that the ZX11 really favors. I was moving at 95 through the sweepers, each time I saw a car I'd simply swing around them, using them as an obstacle for the CHP to deal with. I never saw that f u c k i n' CHP car again.

The road I was on ends in a busy town with a busy interstate running across it. Luckily for me, there were no helo's flying that day, and there were no other cops patrolling the area. I avoided the interstate(too obvious and is the mainstay of the CHP's) and went into town. I made a bunch of right & left turns and went down some residential streets at a sane speed, then I took the loooong way home.

I would never advocate my actions to anyone. However, I saw an opportunity to slip past without putting myself and others in much of a danger so I took it. I never panicked all that time although my heart was pounding pretty hard. I was in total control at every turn, thinking things through very clearly. I figure, if they set up a road block or I see a cop up ahead signalling me to pull over, I'd do it right away and say, "I'm sorry officer! I didn't know you're partner wanted me to pull over 'cause I never saw him turn on his lights."

That was my lucky day.

c_rod2000 - Taylor or Mt. Clemens Gibralter??? Also that's funny you mentioned sidewalks, last year up on Plymouth & Outer Drive (Telegraph Area) the cops had a big sting operation. Tons of cops and 2 helicopters, they blocked all 4 intersections that left you no where to go! We ended up racing up to the road block hoping the curb and passing it on the sidewalk. Then jumped back on the street and outran the helicopters. They ended up taking everyones ID's and made them get in a single file line and go downtown Detroit to receive their awards. It ended up being like 200 people who had to follow them all the way downtown and get their tickets! Which mind you took all night and into the next morning...

I was chased last night. About 15 of us was crising @120 and past a cop that had a car pulled over. Him and about 3 other cops tried to stop us about 5 miles up the expressway,of the 15 bikes @5 were busas. I guess you know we left in a hurry. There was also @3 ZX12's I enjoyed out runnining them as well

A fellow rider and i got pulled over after
blowing away a car.Gixxer 1100 and i was on my Busa doing 66 and 67 mph in a 35 zone.The
statie let us go because he was a rider and
he loved my blue/silver 00 BUSA!

Gents, for grins take a look at your insurance policy, look at the clause about "eluding arrest...." God forbid, but if you down and get caught, you might get jammed up twice.

I have run from the cops in the years I been riding. As my prviouse post said I live In NY. Today a cop died chasing what is said to be stolen plates on a motorcycle. He chased the bike and it ended as Kirk states 99.999 percent of the time. But this time a 30 year old cop is the one that crashed and died. Was it worth it to pull this bike over or just wait for the bike to be found hanging in the nabiorhood some place. If I were a cop which I give to the people that are. I would not be chasing motercycles until the police force gave me much more caple machines than a slightly modifead STOCK camaro.

[This message has been edited by Rhinoracin (edited 18 July 2000).]

yeah gsxrboy , i heard about that. sucks to be a car. kind of glad you had your plate hid huh? off topic, i have a fsmd undertail. it has a license plate mount on it. yeah im gonna use it but also i will take it off for sure if i go down there! its a good excuse i can just say it fell off. better than nothin.

Quoting Rogue: "Plus, this road is notorious for speeding sportbikers and the CHP knows it as they conduct regular patrols."

Duh, this proves my point exactly. Ride fast in stupid places and you'll pay the man eventually, either the cops or the funeral home.

i was wondering how often you guys get in a sticky situation with Johnny law! it seems like their always after the bus. I know its dangerous but in the city its a piece of cake. you dont have to run like crazy blowin lights w/out looking. i just pull up to a red look both ways and im gone.The reason most kids get hurt is thier adrenaline gets pumping and they start to outride their ability. In the city they cant weave in between cars and catch the speed also. i think i have ran a totall of 5 or 6 times. one to many wheelies down the strip! Just wonderin if you guys have any expeirences. sorry for long post

Back