Running from the man...It can get you killed

Atlanta Ga . Law Dog

Who said I was talking about a ticket? I was not complaining one bit about it... Perhaps you should read the posts before you mouth off....

All your proving right now buddy is we are right..... Cops are sugarbritches!

No offence, cause I do not know you from Jack!

...cool...wanna hear what happens to a guy that get a unit of plywood dropped on him in a lumber yard accident? ...work tends to suk...er, when were the officers in an especail amout of danger in this killing? I remember well a sate police officer telling us that we citizens should not be armed as we would always use our gun as our first line of deffence, whereas the well trained and equiped law enforcment officer would have many levels of protection availabe before employing leathal force...Mace, electronics, PR24...it sounds like this guy got shot cuzz you couldn't kick his *** ...he does sound like a Darwin Award Candidate...hope to God there were no kids...

...partly this post in in response to law givers who expect us citizens to not shoot someone who "only" has a knife or club or size advantage...they think we should just "meet" their level of force or aggession...what do you think would happen to Hapo if he shot someone armed with an ax handle? Or was just "bigger" than I am? I am not saying that cop was wrong...just that the law is fuked...

"Officer follows the first rule by firing one 230 grain .45ACP Federal Hydra-Shok center mass, blowing the top off of the male half's heart. Male half groans and collapses on the ground dead."

You sound proud of this???? The way you describe the actual shell.. (jesus) There were other areas to shoot or the officer could have clubbed him like they seem to do so well on TV. (and no, I do not watch cop tv). This guy did not have to die... He was scum, but come-on... Excessive force!

I'm loosing respect for you man.....

Hey 'Dog, try reading my posts agian with a little more comprehension...where do I diss your job? I just state the facts...

If some one tried the knife thing with me, and did not catch me totaly in condition white, they would likly "die"...I am trained too...but it is close...any one who reads can dicover that a kinfe attack can be executed from that distance in about 1 second...plenty of time...sometimes...but you better go fer a center shot, if you gotta shoot!

If you all out there think I hate cops, well, let's just say I know'em fer what they are...and THEY hate THAT, some of em do, but lots don't care, like FC, and why should they? What am I gonna do about anything except maybe RUN and HIDE! You think I would turn in a friend or bro who fuked up? Would YOU? You cover each others asses and thats the way it is...if you did not, you would not be human, and THEN you'd scare the **** outa me!

Hapo---Jamie, both you know the profile of most cops!!! They are the guys who always got the **** beat out of them in school and this is there way of getting back. A cop is nothing more than an individual who can not get a regular job and it give them a power trip to wear a gun and be an sugar. As far as being in the "hood"---most of them I know are busting hookers---says its more fun and safer.

Kirk, I think that was a poor example of a domestic call to post! Still, as we did not witness the fight, and have only Kirk's report on it, we are not truly equiped to judge the event...We can only take from this that it would be a bad idea to beat your wife with a club, even if she did take your dope, and then issue death threats and raise the club at a cop who is pointing a gun at you and yelling at you to drop the club...

Todd, your right. On my last stop, the OKC cop tried to pry the name of the person I was rideing with after he made a right turn off the freeway and ditched him! He got nothing and liked it! Hey, what ever to the show THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY! Oh, that's right they never made a show like that. Okla Bob

...why do you think I been in here giving you all a hard time instead of out there giving you all a hard time! I guess you don't frequent BLABusas, so you wouldn't know...got a good braintrama and can't raly ride well yet, plus some torn ligaments...but I am on the mend...45 miles yesterday was about it for me...

..oh yea, and a smashed face...resected lips and nose...lost 20 lbs...160 to 140...couldn't eat for two weeks...they wanted to keep me knocked out, but I didn't like that...got self sighned out in 23 hrs...drank Ensure through a straw for two weeks, whenever I came to...thing look different...but I got another Busa to put my surviving parts on, and my Hapo of Hy'Spot leathers came just after I started to come around...I am tempted to give you my SS # so you would Know to whom it is you be speaking...mmmm...maybe later!

You guys watch too much TV. In the real world, we have been trained to follow the first rule by shooting center mass until the threat is no longer. There is no limit to the number of rounds that can be fired to terminate the threat. The principle that the Law Dog refers to is known as the "21 foot rule" and it is for real. If the threat is closer than 21 feet, you are toast. Rent the video "Surviving edged weapons". It is required viewing for all law enforcement personel. Each Agency has a use of force continuum to guide the escalation of the use of force. For example, It may start out with "mere presence", like when you are called to a gang fight and when you show, the little cretans scatter. No more problem. The next step might be verbal comands. The next step might be physical control holds. Full sized men like myself can get a lot of mileage out of this one, especially once the "angle of cooperation" is reached (easily recognized when the subjects heels come off the ground). The next step might be aerosol restraints (Oeloresin Capsicum). There is actually tremendous entertainment value in this one. There are not enough holes in the human head for all of the snot to come out of. Most people who need to be hosed will communicate this need to be hosed verbally, like "I'm gonna kick your *ss!". Great. It's good to set goals. They should be realistic goals, but it's a start. Here, have some pepper with that. The only downside is that everybody gets hosed, it's just shades of hosedness (I think I just made up a word). The next step would be impact weapons. The PR-24 is a great tool with many uses, but most people won't train with it enough to be truly proficient, and they get kicked across the street often when bailing out of the car in a hurry. The ASP is a very simple tool, but after my in-service on blood born pathogens, I am not so sure about the idea of whacking someone with a steel club. I don't need someone's blood spattering on me. The final option would be deadly physical force (usually a firearm, but anything that works is okay). Police officers are not in the business of losing fights. The police are not there for an evenly matched contest of physical combat. The police are there to win (I refer you back to the first rule). In order to win, the police are generally authorized to use one or two levels of force above the level of force being used on themselves or a third person. So if you raise a club at a police officer, expect to get turned off.

..nope, sorry, Kirk, they are gone...you will have to get your own...do you all actualy READ any posts other than yer own? Or do you just pick parts out of context to flame on? Read my posts with comprehension and find one fallacy or fabrication and I will aknowledge your superiority to us all and the error of my preception of a rampet doulble stanard...hey, I know it can be confusing, seeing things from more than one perspective, but what can I say, that is my lot...leave yer badge home and ride FAR 'n fast with me for a bit, and tell me how much you "like" the cops...I sure don't hate'em, dispite the abuse and lies they have sent my way over the years, but they preceived me as some sort of threat, and like I said, you all are only human...and I like that about you...

...case in point...Hapo and tinhead cruzzing at 35mph at head of a group of bikes, 20 feet apart...car suddenly swerves left in fron of Hapo, behind tinhead, and stops! Hapo hits brakes, but CRASH! So who gets ticket? Local "Citizen" in a cage? Or out of town "Biker" (not my word) on a Busa in racing leathers...

...three of the other riders reported this...I don't remember it...but the cops dicouted their reports, for "some reason", and did not ticket anyone but me, after the driver said he "never saw me", I came out of "nowhere"...(I wear Bright Red and White leathers, for what it was worth!)

look we all like to ride fast, but we know when to slow down, if a cop seez and you decide to run, then the option of slowing down is no longer there. You may take someone out with you, and that aint kool.

..yea, Ambush no argument from me there.. thats why I generaly don't run...I am not often doing anything that extream anyway, and if I were to, it would not be in a populated area...I try to make it a point to never alarm or provoke the citezens...if one or two see me out in the boonies, I'll see them too...imagine my utter shame at getting my self took out and taking out tinhead as well(uninjured) in heavy traffic a densly populated shopping center...this was not the result of high spped high jinks, mind you, but from me rolling way back, but dropping my guard! Ye I my be coky, but I am truly a humble man, gratefull to be here...

Kirk, I am touched by your concern...if it pleases you to do so, I shall not take offence, but I be not in great need...I am feeling well looked after and will bear my minor injuries in as graceful a manner as I can...surly you will see others in greater need of your attention, in your line of work...

Regards, Hapo...

Back