Running from the man...It can get you killed

OK I've held my tongue as long as I can.

Raw please forgive Hapo and I for not accepting your rehearsed police propaganda.

My opinion of police has grown from respect to outright contempt. Police double standards are huge. How many of us have had a police car blitz past us at 85+ in a 55 zone? The correct propaganda response is, "he was probably on his way to a call."
Yeah right or a doughnut shop.

Police can do no wrong and when they do, they will manipulate the facts or just flat out lie to make it someone else's fault.

Here in Pa a cop went over the yellow lines on a two lane road and killed a motorcyclist. It wasn't his fault though, he was chasing someone with an expired inspection sticker. His punishment, days off with pay.

I have had my house broken into and I have known women who've been raped. What did the police do to help? They filled out a report. THANKS!

Police preach their, "we're the only thing between normal living and Armageddon." That's just their way of hyping their job. I can't tell you how many times I've had some rural, country bumpkin cop tell me he puts his life on the line everyday. They actually believe it to, that's the funny part. The double standard is, when one of them dies we're all supposed to feel sorry. "Oh stop the world so we can remember some ego tripping asswhipe, who got his A.ss killed learning the hard way that he's not the immortal god he thought he was." I'm here to say I don't feel sorry. I like when cops die, yeah, I do. I'd like to turn on the local news every night and hear about another one dying. That'd be great, then they could honestly preach that they put their life on the line everyday. Roll the dice.

If cops can't honestly prove you did something wrong they will lie to the Judge and Jury to get their conviction. Cops make up their mind, in the first 30 seconds of talking to someone, whether that guy is guilty or not. Then once their decision is made, they bull headedly stick to it, even when they know they are wrong. A few years back I had a cop lie over and over again trying to "prove" that I did something wrong when, in fact, I was the victim. The district attorney knew I wasn't guilty when the cop's victim kept calling in to see how the case was going and wanted to know how much time I'd get. He offered plea-bargain after plea-bargain and I wouldn't accept. When my attorney called to tell the DA that I wouldn't accept the DA would say, "we'll that's good because the cop wouldn't agree to a bargain, he want's your guy to do time."

I'm happy to report that after a two day trial and a couple of thousand spent on my attorney, that I was found not guilty. The cop was shown for what he really was, a lying, raciest (he'd asked me if I was Hispanic and when I said I was about 1/4 Italian he said, "Oh, so now you're in the Mafia?") And the "victim" was shown the be the attacker.

One thing I learned and I want to pass along to all the noncops out there is something my attorney told me. He said, "If a cop wants to talk to you its because he's collecting evidence, that he'll use against you later, you're better off telling him to talk to your attorney. The only time you should talk to a cop is, if your house is on fire and you want him to risk his life to save someone inside."

Oh and Law Dog,

For every long car chase that you actually catch a real villain, how many are there that you catch someone who is just trying to get out of a ticket or doesn't have a license? Contrary to what cops believe, there're aren't that many killers out there involved in high speed chases.

What were you thinking when you were chasing him?
#1 How dare he not stop for me when I'm in my police car and the lights are flashing.
#2 Who does this guy think he is, doesn't he know I'm in charge.
#3 I'm gonna beat this guy senseless when I catch him.
#4 WoooWHooooo, here we go again.....
#5 Here I come to save the day.

If you know your job is dangerous, then quit and get a normal job. Lion tamers have a dangerous job too but does anyone feel bad when they get killed?

The reason you're cops is that you were either the little guy in high school who got pushed around or you have a need to be "in charge."

The real problem I have with cops is who do they answer to? Other cops.
In 1998, in York, there were something like 13 police shootings, where the cops killed the guy. All of them, that's right, all of them, were deemed justified. Imagine that.

Here's my question, if a guy reaches for a gun or gives you some reason to shoot at him, why does everyone there need to empty their gun into him? Can't one guy shoot him once and see if he still wants to keep reaching? Is it necessary to kill everyone? And you wonder why people run.

Myself, I run to aviod the ticket and to avoid the dreded "What if" speach.
What if a little kid stepped out in front of you, what if your tire blew out, what if.........
My answer is this, what if you just give me the ticket and then you get back in your car and go away without giving me a speech?

Cops they're so smart, they're gonna teach everyone a lesson.

...sounds like some of you cops are swellheaded egomaniacs that think it is their "job" to punsish those they feel better than, but that is an occupational hazard as well...I do hope no one dies trying to catch me someday, and I will do my best to stay out of your way, and will not try to kill or harm you if you do box me...although I will expect a beating...or at least (another) kick or two...one of the last guys that "caught" me broke his hand on the back of my head, as he was "removing" me from the car! This caused the others to "polish their shoes" on my back (I was on the ground at that point)...then they sent me off down the road, as I was not driving! The mixed groupe actualy got in about as much trouble as the driver for engaging in a high speed persuit through a residentail area and allmost striking a pedestrian (the Town 1st Selectman!) who ran to the edge of the road trying to call off the chase! The driver was convcted of driving under the influence, (at .08), and driving W/ an expired reg, and attemting to evade...they had his reg number and a good ID before the chase even started...I had talked him into stopping before a crash...still got a beating, but the young bravos had become VERY exited by the chase....they issued a warrent for my arerest later, to cover their asses, basicly just for being taken for an unwanted joy ride by some one I had trusted...

Jamie- You watch too much TV. Go outside. The first pursuit I was in was fun and exciting. Afterwards I remembered the first rule: Go home at the end of your shift. From then on, I resented having to risk my life just because some moron "forgot" to go to court on his last felony DWS (driving while stupid). I resent the imposition that some crack-head in a '72 bonneville places on the rest of society when he runs with 7lbs of air in his front tires and no brakes. For all practical purposes, pursuits only end one way- when the bad guy crashes out. And as far as shooting people, I have taken people at gunpoint many times who were plenty shootable, and I took them without shooting them at great personal risk to myself. If someone gets shot, they probably pegged the shoot-o-meter big time. Nobody gets up in the morning thinking "Gee, today would be a nice day to kill someone that I never met." Who are you to play armchair quarterback. You weren't there. You should be. Go to the largest city police agency within your range and ask for a civilian ride along. Try to get out from about 1800PM to 0200 the following morning. Try to get as close to a two-man district as you can. They won't kick an officer out of a two-man car to make room for you, so you still won't really see the worst of it, but you will be able to get an idea. What you see will be real police work, not what you see on TV. Run along now.

[This message has been edited by Kirk (edited 21 July 2000).]

Real Police work,

"Sir she says you hit her."

"What? She hit me first!"

"Calm down Sir, have you been drinking tonight?"

"No, she has"

"Do you own this place or rent?"

"Rent"

"Are both of your names on the lease?"

"Yes"

"Well Sir, you and your wife need to work your problems out without hitting each other."

"I know, I know"

"If we come out here again tonight I'm going to take both of you to jail."

Later out in the car.

Cop #1 to cop #2, "Boy that was close I thought we were gonna have to call for backup"

Cop #2 to #1, "Hey I got your back, this is a tough beat"

Cop #1 to #2, "We're lucky to have made it out of there alive"

Cop #2 to #1, "Hey, someone has to do it. If we weren't out here every night, the world would come to an end"

Cop #1 to #2, "yeah you're right let's go get some doughnuts and later I'll cuff you and stuff you"

Hapo,
Apparently you are not familiar with sarcasm.

To all of you who think its unfair that a police officer might not get arrested for speeding (and I stress might) think about this- Would you lose you job, your income, your ability to support your family if you were arrested for something as trivial as wreckless driving? Other than someone who needs a drivers license to do their job, the answer is NO. Even those who need a license to work can get a work permit to drive (at least in Florida and probably most other states). When everyone in this country will simply spend two hours in jail, pay some court cost, and probably go to a one night safe driver school, we, law enforcement, would lose the ability to provide a living for our families the only way we know how. Not what's hypocrical? What's unfair? Police officers that have Hayabusa's want to drive them the same way you do. I work with another officer that also has a Hayabusa. He is one of the few people I can go riding with because I can trust he will not do something stupid. For that matter just about everyone I ride with is a police officer for the same reason.

Hapo, open your mind before you open your mouth.

Kirk, the beers in Florida are about 48 to 64 oz. a piece. :)

JAmie, put up or shut up, Im offering you a ride along with me. We ride 1 man to a car so I'll give you a front seat view. Yes we may handle a domestic incident but you may be in for a shocker, I dont work a slow beat. I average 18-20 calls a night and Im not a donut and coffee drinker. If you are interested in doing something to enlighten yourself, rather than come up with excuses as why you should label us all as bad cops then quit typing and bring yourself to Atlanta Ga. I dont take any of your comments personally exception being that you "Love to see where cops have been killed everyday in the news".

Law Dog, Don't waste your time with these guys. I am not a officer but I do know the danger you face everyday just by going to work. I guess some people just don't realize how dangerous you job is, it takes a different kind of person to do what you do...and I'm glad your doing it for us.
I ride my busa with officers and they are just like anyone else I ride with...out to have fun and a good ride ( and yes we push our bikes to there limits).
COPS are people too, some you dont want to talk too(like a few on this post)and some who are like your best friends.
Take it easy with these officers, they are protecting what you are taking for granted!!

Law Dog,

Maybe you weren't reading my earlier posts. I don't care for cops. I don't want to hang out with them either. Falcon fake has tried many times to engage me in E mail, and I won't bite.

I've taken my lawyer's advice, since I paid a lot to get it.

I've had neighbors that were cops, I've had friends who had brothers that were cops. While I admit that not all cops are pricks, the majority are. There are a sacred few that are nice, and honest.

Thanks for the offer but a cross country trek for a car ride with a group I don't much care for.........

Thanks anyway.

...that cool, I don't require that you like my driving either...you can paint it any way you want, the law states what it does and most cops feel that they are above it...a double standard is a double standard...when you all talk to me it is MY choice as much as yours, big men, and you know there is more to this issue than you all will ever open up about in public , on the web....but I do appreciate the fact that you guys are comming right out and admitting that you feel "better" than us and entitled to scoff laws that you will hold the rest of us to even if it means the risking of innocent lives....see you in hell, bro!

"One thing I learned and I want to pass along to all the noncops out there is something my attorney told me. He said, "If a cop wants to talk to you its because he's collecting evidence, that he'll use against you later, you're better off telling him to talk to your attorney."

Good advice indeed.

Jamie- I am embarrassed for you because you keep expressing an opinion on something that you know nothing of. If you are going to express an opinion, stick to something that you know, like video games or whatever renters do. A more realistic example of a domestic would be with a 911 call where the female half is screaming like she's being gutted with a garden trowel while choking on her own blood. Primary unit arrives before secondary unit, who is delayed about 30 seconds by people who only drive the speed limit when the police are behind them, and think that the lights and siren mean "guess what I'm thinking". Female half comes cart-wheeling out the front door, and flys all the way to the sidewalk. Male half comes out the door, and heads straight for her with an axe handle in his hand. Both are intoxicated and covered in blood. Primary officer gets out of his car and positions himself between male and female, ordering male half to drop axe handle at gunpoint. Officer is justified to use deadly physical force in defense of a person, but holds his fire. Male half advances on officer, who backs away to lead male half away from female half and to give male half more chances to not get shot. Male half verbally threatens officer with death and repeatedly swings axe handle at officer. Officer backs all the way to the fence. Male half advances to within striking distance. Officer kicks male half in the chest twice to get him off of the officer while continually ordering male half to drop the axe handle. Male half advances a third time with axe handle raised fully. Officer follows the first rule by firing one 230 grain .45ACP Federal Hydra-Shok center mass, blowing the top off of the male half's heart. Male half groans and collapses on the ground dead. Female half attacks officer empty-handed and is subdued. Original domestic was later found to have centered around who stole whose drugs.

Hey Kirk! You get bored or beaten? Mayhaps that is why I generaly get away...if I run...in any case, yes, it hurts to be stupid!

Adowell, In response to you reply to Kirk, We are trained to aim dead center of the chest, not to kill but to stop the threat, usually dead center will kill though, and Hapo try this little test with a friend, Have him hold a knife in his hand down by his side from a distance of 15 feet away. Put a gun, unloaded of course and cleared by you and your friend to insure safety, place the gun in a holster. Tell your friend to charge forward , with a rubber knife, and attempt to stab you. See if you can draw and fire before you are stabbed. Now also take into effect that even if you do get the shot off, you knew he was gonna charge you so you have an edge we do not have in the field, and also just because you shoot him does not mean hes gonna stop his advance and still charge you. We are trained to deal with things you have no idea about so back seat driving is not allowed here. Go drink your beer and cry to someone else about getting a ticket from an *** who gave you a ticket for 100 in a 55. I get them to but dont cry about it. I pay a lawyer and continue on my merry way. Hapo and Adowell, and Tony I dont know you from Adam but Im bored and I felt like screwing with yaw this week, your welcome.

Back