Running from the man...It can get you killed

Law Dog. Nice idea inviting some to a ridealong, and enlighten themselves to the reality of the job for the majority of people out there trying to make this world a better place. But like a school teacher friend of mine said once, you can't chisle rotten wood. But any efforts to reverse some of the misguided attitudes spewed here is worth the effort.
And of course, my heart goes out to the family of the fallen officer. And to all the veterans of wars who died to protect our freedoms. When you use your freedom, to choose to do the right thing, and do your part individually to make this a better place, you honor their efforts, and ensure that their passings were not in vain.

http://www.odmp.org/cgi-bin/officer.pl?id=001068

I think the officer dictates if there is a chase or not therefore he is responsible.
If the case was settled out of court in the families favor then he was most certainly guilty of something!
I won't be part of an officers quota, They will never catch me if I'm chased.

IS running the law worth your life ?
Is running worth the pain you would
your family if an accident happened ?
Is it worth loozeing your licence
over?

NOT

The last time I stopped for a cop was two years ago. I was test riding a gsxr11 I was going to buy. The plate was not on it at the time but the bike was registered and insured as well as inspected.
It was going to be a quick trip around the block so I didnt bring my wallet.
He pulled me over for not having a plate.
I didn't know that the plate and all the proper legal paper work for the bike was under the seat. I explained in vain to the fat old cop about how I was testing out and lived 2 blocks away. I begged him to give me a break. His exact words, and I will never forget them are "I'm not giving a break to a motorcycle"! I told him I wasn't a motorcycle I was a person. Blah blah blah......They towed the bike that I hadnt even bought yet and gave me three tickets. All of which were dimissed in court when I showed that the bike was legal at the time I was stopped.
That "I'm not giving a break to a motorcycle" attitude is why I absolutely will not pull over for a cop ever again.
It is too damn easy to outrun them and hide.
I have had a lot of run ins with cops for driving offenses and only once was I not given a ticket.
We need cops...but I think the cops need to focus their efforts on more important things like why can't I walk down the street at night without getting mugged or robbed. Why are the gangs taking over the city I live in? Etc etc etc.

And Kirk, You are one of those sugar cops.......I can tell by the way you write and the content of what you write.

"idiot skeet" Detailing the size of the bullet and how many grains it has.....etc etc etc. I would love to have you chase me! Bye Bye Kirk

You probably secretly call yourself "captain Kirk".........I detest cops like you. You give the rest a bad name.

Cops are not all bad,there are just some with
a major stick up there *** . Even the police
break the law they are suppose to uphold!

I have said about enuff on this thread, and had hoped to close with my last post...my statements have riled up the cops in here to a suffiecent degree, but c'mon, Mabusa...I be shur I seen the raw end of it as much as you ever did....the doc that fixed my face said he didn't care if I died...but he did a good job on my face, considering what he had to left to work with...Guys like them saved my fuken life, even though one of them may be involved in taking it some day....Maybe they read Sarge's post somehow...I hope Kirk prays fer the dead cops kids, and that some one like him is around again the next time I have the disgrace to splatter myself in public...

...there were inconsistancies in the other riders stories...one thought I hit the car...one thought the car hit me...one thought I hit the ground...so OFF WITH THEIR HEADS! (that is what they though happend to me, at first, when they saw the helment and blood flying) Well, it looks like you have tired of this argument, although you have not proved any points to me... I'll see you on the road...I hope to see you first! I sure won't be hard for a cop who reads these boards to Spot! Woof!

Hapo, I am very sorry to hear about this. Thank God you weren't killed. I wasn't there, but I tend to believe you on this. The only time I have been more invisible than on my motorcycle is when I was making a code run with lights and siren going in a marked patrol car. I had to kick a car the other day for the first time in my 2 month riding history. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Back