Routing of Brake Lines

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
With OEM front brake lines Suzuki has one coming from the Master Cylinder to the caliper and then crosses over to the other caliper. Why must you split at the Master Cylinder with the SS type lines and run separate lines to each caliper? If I don't and I run exactly as the OEM lines run then what is the downside? I can only think they will work perfect like OEM but minus the swelling under pressure. Comments please! I'm still waiting on rear Galfer Wavy so I'm still tossing the brake lines around while I wait.

Braided lines definately make a difference, I run mine split. Downside to split lines?

(hbr @ Apr. 16 2007,17:31) Braided lines definately make a difference, I run mine split.  Downside to split lines?
Just want to run them to the exact same path with the exact same mounting points... right side of fender and both mounting points on the rear of fender with the cross over. Picky picky picky

Better feel from the brakes with the split from the master cylinder...

Waiting on a buncha new stuff myself, including Galfer Waves
beerchug.gif

oem setup braking force goes to one brake then the other galfer applies both at the same time.

When I installed my galfer SS lines, I was thinking like you, wanted to use all the same mount points, keep the clean look. But ended up staying with the galper design. The SS are much thinner and don't work well in the stock mount points any ways. And with the length of the SS lines and the curves on the ends, trying the OEM setup didn't look right.

(nerfboy @ Apr. 16 2007,17:53) oem setup braking force goes to one brake then the other galfer applies both at the same time.

When I installed my galfer SS lines, I was thinking like you, wanted to use all the same mount points, keep the clean look.  But ended up staying with the galper design.  The SS are much thinner and don't work well in the stock mount points any ways.  And with the length of the SS lines and the curves on the ends, trying the OEM setup didn't look right.
Good points. Noted!
wink.gif

I had the same question a couple of months ago. HEL gave me the following info:

1. There is better feel from the brakes when you use 2 down from the master.

2. In the UK, you cannot do a track day with the up-n-over type, as per original Hayabusa setup. He didn't say why, but I can only assume that this is for safety. If you run over debris that rips off your front fender, then the braking will not be compromised. With the old setup there is a possibility that your front brakelines could be cut.

I'm not 100% on all this but it sounds plausible to me.

Dual line routing would eliminate any uneven pressure at the brake masters.
The loss of pressure from friction in the over the fender hose. Its not much, but it is there.

does anyone have any pics of the way it should be mounted? the busa i just bought has goodrich steel braided lines, and they feel kinda funny to me. I want to make sure they were installed correctly.(the previous owner wasn't to sharp)

Back