HEL SS Lines

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
OK, I'm picky picky picky! Open my HEL SS lines today since I had my wheel off and removed my front brake lines. Of course we all know one line comes to right side caliper and second line runs to other side. I pulled the near same lenght HEL out of the package and noticed they only had one each of the oversize rubber garment that would help secure and prevent chafing on the fender. So, I had to cut off the OEM rubber garment and put it over the HEL SS lines. Both lines need one added. Did I possibly get the wrong lines sent to me or is this commen and what did you guys do to make sure they were held in place like the OEM Suzuki Lines were?

We took the stock line routing thingy (thats the technical term) on the brake side and moved it over to the clutch side. It looks stock and works great. Hope this helps.

100_1634__Medium_.JPG

I also took the stock rubber off the rear to give it a more stock look.

100_1626__Medium_.JPG

(GSXTacy @ Mar. 31 2007,19:26) I also took the stock rubber off the rear to give it a more stock look.
OK, so I'm not alone and I feel better. Like to pick your brain if I could since I'm a newb! Glad you posted the rear line shot. I only took a quick look at the rear line tonight and thought where is the Master Cylendar for the rear? Please explain a bit about the rear MS.

How do you have the lines routed? I know Galfer states to have each line leave the Master Cylinder. Which is not like the stock cross over configuration.

You can see the rear master cylinder in this picture. You don't need to take the rear cowl off to get to it to do the brakes. You will need to remove the seat in order to re-fill the master cylinder during the bleed process.

DSC02665-1.jpg

(Powers739 @ Mar. 31 2007,19:52) How do you have the lines routed?  I know Galfer states to have each line leave the Master Cylinder.  Which is not like the stock cross over configuration.
Glad you asked. I ran them exactly like the OEM. One from MS to right side and then crossed over to the left with additional line. Would this have not been HEL intent? There were no instruction with these lines. I figure swap out line for line. However, the rear one is a concern as well....... where is the rear MS? Is that the small unit just behind the brake side foot mount? Just didn't look like a MS to me and I simply have not worked on bikes before.

With SS lines installations they normally have each line leave the Master Cylinder and go to each caliper. Which is NOT the stock configuration. You can't miss the rear master cylinder, and then follow the line up to the fluid resivour...

(Powers739 @ Mar. 31 2007,20:10) Here, the top is the resovior and the bottom is where the master cylinder is located..

brake.jpg
Thanks for the pics. Got it now and should be a breeze thanks to you and all the great Org members. Now, back to those SS type lines. If I don't double up from the right side and cross over to the left side then how do I dual run from the MS? Put the longer bolt at the MS and split from there? Do you have a pic? SS did provide a longer bolt just like the OEM and I assumed it was for the right side.

I forgot to post this when we put the lines on. Maybe it was just my kit, but the banjo bolt for the rear master didnt fit, the threads were different. I looked at the box and it said it was for a busa. I had to use the stock banjo bolt. Hell, the HEL lines aint cheap, you would think a bike specific part would fit the bike. JMO

Just reuse the stock banjo bolt if the aftermarket one doesn't fit. It'll work the same and you don't see it anyway.

(DaCol. @ Mar. 31 2007,22:28) Same with me, I don't know why they don't send them, but they don't !!
+1 Besides, it's really kind of fun doing it yourself. After removing all the OEM lines and grommets I had a lot to choose from!
cool.gif

(GSXTacy @ Mar. 31 2007,23:08) I forgot to post this when we put the lines on. Maybe it was just my kit, but the banjo bolt for the rear master didnt fit, the threads were different. I looked at the box and it said it was for a busa. I had to use the stock banjo bolt. Hell, the HEL lines aint cheap, you would think a bike specific part would fit the bike. JMO
The banjos for the front brake master, clutch master and the front brake calipers (M10x1.25) are different than the banjos for the clutch slave, rear master and rear caliper (M10x1.00). I installed the HEL lines on my bike a couple of weeks ago and it came with all the proper banjos. Maybe hit up who you received it from and they can get you the right ones.

Back