HEL SS Lines

(jjmetheny @ Apr. 01 2007,10:40)
(GSXTacy @ Mar. 31 2007,23:08) I forgot to post this when we put the lines on. Maybe it was just my kit, but the banjo bolt for the rear master didnt fit, the threads were different. I looked at the box and it said it was for a busa. I had to use the stock banjo bolt. Hell, the HEL lines aint cheap, you would think a bike specific part would fit the bike. JMO
The banjos for the front brake master, clutch master and the front brake calipers (M10x1.25) are different than the banjos for the clutch slave, rear master and rear caliper (M10x1.00). I installed the HEL lines on my bike a couple of weeks ago and it came with all the proper banjos. Maybe hit up who you received it from and they can get you the right ones.
+1
When I started, I thought I had the wrong kit also, but then I just tried another banjo bolt and it worked.
Didn't notice at first they were different.

(Pipefighter248 @ Apr. 01 2007,10:03)
(jjmetheny @ Apr. 01 2007,10:40)
(GSXTacy @ Mar. 31 2007,23:08) I forgot to post this when we put the lines on. Maybe it was just my kit, but the banjo bolt for the rear master didnt fit, the threads were different. I looked at the box and it said it was for a busa. I had to use the stock banjo bolt. Hell, the HEL lines aint cheap, you would think a bike specific part would fit the bike. JMO
The banjos for the front brake master, clutch master and the front brake calipers (M10x1.25) are different than the banjos for the clutch slave, rear master and rear caliper (M10x1.00). I installed the HEL lines on my bike a couple of weeks ago and it came with all the proper banjos. Maybe hit up who you received it from and they can get you the right ones.
+1
When I started, I thought I had the wrong kit also, but then I just tried another banjo bolt and it worked.
Didn't notice at first they were different.
We installed the front before even opening the rear package. There are only two banjos for the rear. There was no way either bolt was going in the rear master.

HEL offers both configurations.
One off of the master then, cross over the fender.(oem)
And two lines off of the Master directly to the left and right calipers.

I bought a got off of E-bay which replace the OEM setup.

I had the same problem with my 04LE, one of the banjo bolts was different in the Hel kit, I just used one of my old bolts, worked fine. Went with the group buy and got the Galfers smoke with gold fittings and bolts. Can't wait to install them on the 08 Blk/Org.
thumb_up.gif

I buy direst from HEL headquarters in Sunny Florida. I deal with Craig Nehls. He is the man. Will make you up any line, any length!

Mike, the way your route your lines should depend on what kit you've bought. If your package says "Alt" on it, then its supposed to be dual at the MC, if not the kit should be labeled "OEM" then you need to route it up and over the fender like you wanted to originally. Don't mess around and run them opposite. If you've already installed the lines and torqued down the banjo's and then are going to swap the configuration around, inspect the crush washer to make sure it will seal. Wipe it dry and install, then make sure there are no leaks around those washers in particular. Good luck with it and will be looking forward to pics.

Back