Route 66 ride..

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Met up with some fellow workers yesterday for the annual ride to Seligman for breakfast. About 150 miles one way but fun none the less.

Not a lot of pictures. Mostly riding.
thumb_up.gif

The meet. Mostly HD's and a couple of Honda Shadows.

View attachment 1390436

Then my ride for the day.

View attachment 1390437

We rode up for breakfast. On the way back we stopped at Hackberry, AZ. You can spend hours in this place. Yes, orginal Corvette. Guess the year?

View attachment 1390438
View attachment 1390439

Just hanging around.

View attachment 1390440
View attachment 1390441
View attachment 1390442
View attachment 1390443

This was Glens ride. He was up from California for the River Run. We stopped to pick up some more riders on the way up. We got to talking and he said these "slow pokes" are killing me! He runs a Baker 6 speed. I said ok, lets lead and pick up the pace.
laugh.gif
We did just that but still left everyone behind. Cruised around 85 and a 5 mile run at a 100 mph. He never lagged.
thumb_up.gif
He is 66 years old.
cool.gif

View attachment 1390447

Heading back we stopped at the Harley Davidson dealer. The group wanted to look at merchandise.
wowold.gif

I looked at other things.
winkold.gif

View attachment 1390450
015-3.jpg
018-1.jpg

And remember when?
sadnews.gif

012-3.jpg

r8

thumb_up.gif

Very cool. You into that RT66 stuff? I live just over 1 mile from Launching Pad and the Gemini Giant.

Cool pictures.
ThumbsUp.gif

I go on a short section of route 66 every day to and from work, but nothing much left of interest anymore. Just a country 2 lane road.

Nice pics and looks like it was a great day to ride. We ride old Route 66 a lot out here... its a way to head East and West.

Back