Rock smashed through my radiator...

SCBQQSTN

Registered
Lesson learned, need a radiator guard. But first step is searching for a replacement radiator. Does anyone know where I can find a salvage radiator at a good price? Don't exactly feel like shelling $800 for a new one from Suzuki. And no, it's not repairable

Thanks fellas

And do yourself a favor, but a Cox radiator guard on it!

I thought mine wasn't repairable, local rad builder proved me wrong.
I considered it scrap but 6 yeas later its still going fine.

Buddy's H2 just punched a pebble into my radiator. Teach me to let him pass. :). Too bad it took this to learn what a radiator guard is. To the extent that the oil cooler guard was stock, radiator should be too. Gotta put this up there on a list of #1 first mods to do.

another reminder as to why we shud and most of us do where helmets. imagine that rock hitting you in the face vs. ur radiator.....:banghead:

Sorry to hear about your radiator! Same thing happened to my buddy's 2013, he got it repaired for a little over a hundred dollars. That was a little over a year ago and it's still doing fine! Sucks yours isn't repairable; hope you find a reasonably priced replacement.

Get a used gen 2 one off the bay. You are in Windemere and there is a salvage in Casselberry, they advertise on ebay as SPORTBIKEFL. Get a gen 2 with the dual fans. I am assuming you have a gen 1. Or if you are short on cash and can wait a few days I will let you borrow my repaired one with the GSXR 1k fan on it. It will keep it cool. Save up some scratch until you can get a better one. I am in Daytona and GF lives in Deltona, we could do the handoff there.

Back