My Radiator Problem On 2016 Busa

busalife2016

Registered
So as you guys know I posted a thread a couple weeks ago about my radiator problem bike only has 5900 miles...so after the problem I had I brought the bike back home rode it for about 30 min next day came home never touched it for about a week. The other day I came home and a small puddle of radiator fluid was on the ground. Note I haven't touched the bike in a week, I go threw my garage look at the bike every day when I get off work so wth did this fluid come from....so I grabbed a jacket and took it to dealership. They had it a couple days and called me we'd and said it had a small pin hole size hole in radiator it looked like something hit it...when I looked I never seen no dent or ding I think they wearnt trying to cover the warranty he said it was under normal wear but again idk why there was fluid it hadn't been touched in a week. So I asked how much money for a new one he said $850 and another $150 for install I said forget it and took the bike home I found a brand new OEM radiator on eBay for $105 so I got it and installed it today bleed the lines and instead of oem coolant I went with engine ice. Tell me though when I took the old radiator off (note) there was no dents or dings there was an extreme amount of corrosion in the radiator is that normal? Pic below bike has 5900 and I feel as if that is kinda crazy but this is my first bike idk my damn 500hp Subaru didn't even have that and it was 6 year old radiator!!! Just letting u guys know that's what I had to do was replace a radiator!

IMG_1092.JPG

IMG_1116.JPG

Wow rough looking . i have a 14 with silver radiator .
Yea deff shouldn't be like that with that low of miles bike isn't a year old I'm starting to think the radiator was getting hot a caused the hole not a rock deff something I'm going to send to the dealer and show

You might need some sort of cleaning fluid through that system,as distilled water won't shift that. I would Speak to suzuki about that

I used prestone radiator flush on mine with no problems but there may be something better our there. My radiator was nowhere near that I just did it when I switched to engine ice.

You should grab a sample of those deposits and see what dissolves it. That's the only way to ensure that any flush will get rid of that junk in your system. Is it solid, or gummy? That doesn't look like corrosion, but deposition for sure... Wonder what the heck they put in it.

You should grab a sample of those deposits and see what dissolves it. That's the only way to ensure that any flush will get rid of that junk in your system. Is it solid, or gummy? That doesn't look like corrosion, but deposition for sure... Wonder what the heck they put in it.
It's solid real solid I haven't showed the dealership but I plan on taking it to them and showing them because I feel as if this is not normal...they wouldn't cover a new radiator they said it was caused by a rock but I never seen a dent nor anything to cause it the bike started getting really hot real fast so maybe wrong fluid put in and caused this to get real hot and caused a small hole in the radiator? Idk but it's pretty ridiculous!!!

Suzuki uses a long life BLUE IN COLOR fluid rated for 4 years and comes installed by factory.

Back