Rider Down

Cecil_Stringer

Donating Member
Registered
Last night my 6 year old son Jake had a little mishap that resulted in a 3rd degree burn on his right leg.

He has riding his dirt bike without his leather boots... Ole Dad didn't follow the rules ATGATT, and subsequently Jake got hurt.

Classic error... we were planning on riding for 10-15 minutes and did not wear "all" of the protective gear.

If he would of had on his leather riding boots, there would not of been any injury at all.

He found himself under the rear tire with the throttle pinned.

The tire tore through his pants, socks and leg pretty well.

The doctor and nurses cleaned it up pretty good last night.... but it was painful.

They scrubbed it clean with a brush.

We are going to a follow-up at "All Children's Hospital" today to speak with a surgeon about the next steps.

They may need to perform surgery to graph a living peice of skin over the injured area.

Say a prayer for Ole Jake.... he's a great kid with a huge heart.

Link Changed at http://www.tamparacing.com

OUCH!!!
Glad to hear that was all that happened.... remember proper equipment all the time.

OUCH!!!

Okay, you just played out a scenario I never considered...boots for the boys coming fast...

I'm sure he'll be okay...looks like a trooper...
smile.gif
Good luck Jake!!!
smile.gif

smile.gif

Refer to my Christmas Eve Day ride thread.
If I hadn't worn what I did I would have been dead under a car.
You Know Better.
He Doesn't.
Lead By Example
I am very sorry about his pain.
But no sympathy for you, from the TDuck !

<!--EDIT|TIMMYDUCK
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136316484 -->

He'll have a great scar to use for story telling. Hang in there Jake and remember those boots dad.
smile.gif

I thought you were supposed to give him a stick to bite down on for the pain... the banana didn't seem to work too well.
smile.gif

I've got a few kids too, and I know it's tough seeing the littles ones suffer. I hope he heals up quickly.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUCHH!! Awww man they scrubbed it too...poor lil'guy! Hope he gets well soon!

Sorry for his lesson, gald it was not worse. Tell him he is now one of those of us that have been down, lived to tell about, and have a scar to show !!

Prayers sent...
Looks like he'll be fine in no time!
cool.gif

Ol' Jake will be proudly showing of that scar to the lil' ladies for the next few years to come~
wink.gif

I am with Timmyduck on this one. If your gonna let a six year old
rock.gif
on a bike for 2 mins or 2 hours you need to lay down the law about proper gear and riding techniques. Just my 2 cents, sorry to see the lad go thru such pain though. I am sure HE will gladly wear his gear now. Tough lesson to learn
sad.gif

Thanks for the reminder, I have gotten lax too... no more though... Thanks for sharing..

Jake's been riding for 2 years now.
He and I both know the rules... my fault for slippin.

...but he does not learn... he's just like his momma... hard-headed :p

This was our second trip to the Urgent Care doctor since Christmas...

Here's Jake on a good day ;)

BikePics.com

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers

I hope he recovers fast!! And hey, everyone makes mistakes!! Just be greatfull that it wasn't worse. I hope he isn't afraid to ride anymore.

Doesn't matter if the ride is 10 minutes or 10 hours, engage brain and wear full gear.

Probably can't make you feel any more guilty than you already do though...

Best wishes and I hope he makes a full recovery.

Prayers sent ...
And thanks for the reminder for all of us to wear our gear all of the time.

Owwwwww--ch!!
Looks to be a brave little man. I'm sure he'll be fine.

But shame on you daddy! (although I know you feel like crap without us throwing some more guilt on ya)

Positive thoughts going his way....and yours
wink.gif

Sorry to read about this, i hope he gets better soon.
There is an up side to all of this at it can serve as a reminder to other parents-who knows how many other injuries have been prevented from your thread. Glad you posted this with pictures too--next time some ones child complains about wearing gear we now have photo proof of why they should.
Its a good thing to let children learn how to ride at an early age, it makes them better/safer riders as an adult. At the very least it alows them to get some skills before they turn 18 and go buy a busa
smile.gif

By the way , how tuff is jake! He is eating and lookin right at the wound! He may be a future marine
wink.gif

Back