Rider down and out

(06BUSA @ May 06 2007,04:19) A bit harsh.  Not the proper punishment for the crime. I agree racing has it's place. (at the track)

sad.gif
Not punishment; natural, foreseeable, and sadly, preventable consequences of the riders' actions. I'm sad that two fellow riders are down and one out, but if they had taken their lunacy to the track, they'd probably be just fine right now - AND they would have spared the poor guy/gal in the car from the anguish he/she is surely going through from having been involved in the death of another person.

The more I live, the more I am convinced that all the insurance money in the world can't repair the damages that are done in an accident. Yet we drive around like they never happen (or will never happen to us) and without thought to the consequences.

We all have the control over whether or not an accident will happen in our hands and our heads - let's exercise it. Or as BusaWhipped always tells me, "If I'm in a wreck - it's my fault; regardless of what the accident report says."

I think I understand charlesbusa's responce. We lost quite a few riders in this area last season and it's frustrating that people will still go out there and take unnecessary chances. Two of those riders last year had not only wives but small children. I feel that same frustration when I read stories like this. Be careful out there and try to spread the word to the younger and less experienced.
RIP Robert and my prayers go out to his family and friends as well as to the person in the car.

What a damn shame. Diseases like cancer and others kill people fast enough, and senseless chit like this has to happen. Another Son, Dad, Brother, Uncle, Grand-son, Nephew in the ground.
Prayers to the family.

Sad to hear. Prayers are with the family and friends of Robert.

I got mine out today for the first time since laying her down last saturday. She still needs a new nose and left side plastics but she is completely road worthy. I have to admit that I was a bit more timid than normal. And the fact that I had a passenger kept me from racing the Porsche, 300Z, Mazda RX8, Viper, & Corvette ZO6 today. Then there was the R1 that got next to us and blipped his throttle. I let em all go and had no problem doing it!

Very sad to hear of this guy dying. Prayers for him and his family.

As always, sad to hear this. It is the season for riding and unfortunately some people are not in touch with their own mortality. They feel like they will live forever and nothing bad or catastrophic will happen to them. I don't think they even consider what consequences their actions may bring to bare on others.

RIP fallen rider. And to those still left up on two I pray you have the wisdom to learn, remember, and temper your actions.

Very sad. Another rider dead for no reason at all. I feel bad for the riders family and the driver of the car. +1 on what Charles said.

Just want to clarify that the news is now reporting that the car pulled out in front of them across 3 lanes of traffic. If the car would have pulled into the first lane and not crossed all lanes this would not have happened. I also found out that they were not racing just driving a little over the speed limit(which would put them probaly between 55 and 65 mph).
http://www.news4jax.com/news/13265916/detail.html?taf=jax

Just want to clarify that the news is now reporting that the car pulled out in front of them across 3 lanes of traffic. If the car would have pulled into the first lane and not crossed all lanes this would not have happened. I also found out that they were not racing just driving a little over the speed limit(which would put them probaly between 55 and 65 mph).

Charles thats a bit rough considering you dont know what happened. Maybe racing meant they just took off and where doing 60 MPH in a 50 zone. Does that give a cager the right to not watch where he is pulling out? I admit I dont know what happened either maybe they where doing 180 but still to many car drivers dont pay attention when you are doing the speed limit. My prayers go out to his family its to bad to loose anyone.

(snakeyezzz @ May 07 2007,10:41) Just want to clarify that the news is now reporting that the car pulled out in front of them across 3 lanes of traffic. If the car would have pulled into the first lane and not crossed all lanes this would not have happened. I also found out that they were not racing just driving a little over the speed limit(which would put them probaly between 55 and 65 mph).
From the article it appears to be the most common cause of death for motorcyclists....the dreaded left turn across the path of traffic. Sad for everyone involved but not surprising.

(snakeyezzz @ May 05 2007,21:27) PS: don't race where there is a chance of a car pulling into you path.
Yeah, and the ONLY place I know that can't happen is on a race track where racing is suppose to be done !

Too bad for the Busa Rider, but that's the chance you take racing on the street  
beerchug.gif

Back