Rider down and out

snakeyezzz

Registered
Saw on the news tonight that there was an accident involving a car and 2 motorcycles with one motorcyclist dead. This was about a half mile from my house so I was going out and thought I'd ride by to see if it was someone I know. When I got there I saw a friend sitting on the side of the road on his ZX-14. Ends up that the guy that died was a Busa rider ( I had never met him but we had a few mutual friends). Not sure what exactly happened but it looks like both the car and bikes were at fault. Apparently the bikes were doing a little racing and the car pulled out in front of them. The other guy (he was on a CBR-1000) low sided and the guy on the busa hit the car hard enough to spin it 180 degrees. His name is Robert (don't know his last name). Please keep him and his family in your prayers.

PS: don't race where there is a chance of a car pulling into you path.

sad.prayer sent

post_6_14763_fallen_riderz.jpg

Thoughts and prayers with the family. Seems we have been losing a more than a few people lately. Should make us more cautious about some of the the things that we do. You can never tell when some cager is going to pull out from a side street or turn in front of you.

That's why you don't race on the streets!!

Car at fault too
rock.gif
Not likely, the driver of that car is probably not responsible because he probably thought they were doing the speed limit, not racing. Especially if the busa caused the car to spin 180 degrees.

I don't feel sorry for the rider at all, I do feel for the driver, the driver's family and the rider's family.

Take racing, stunting, etc... out to the boonies where you can't endanger anyone else. Better yet, take it to the track.

(Charlesbusa @ May 06 2007,01:55) That's why you don't race on the streets!!

Car at fault too
rock.gif
 Not likely, the driver of that car is probably not responsible because he probably thought they were doing the speed limit, not racing.  Especially if the busa caused the car to spin 180 degrees.

I don't feel sorry for the rider at all, I do feel for the driver, the driver's family and the rider's family.

Take racing, stunting, etc...  out to the boonies where you can't endanger anyone else.  Better yet, take it to the track.
Well said.

(Rayabusa0818 @ May 06 2007,05:51)

Car at fault too
rock.gif
 Not likely, the driver of that car is probably not responsible because he probably thought they were doing the speed limit, not racing.  Especially if the busa caused the car to spin 180 degrees.

Take racing, stunting, etc...  out to the boonies where you can't endanger anyone else.  Better yet, take it to the track.
Well said.
A bit harsh. Not the proper punishment for the crime. I agree racing has it's place. (at the track)

sad.gif

RIP Busa rider

All of these accidents lately have caused me to take a harder look at my gear and seems to have tempered the way I ride.

My progression on daily driven roads since I purchased 12 months ago with very little street riding experience:
1) Timid (didn't last long)
2) Growing confident
3) Full on hell bent
4) Considering mortality - some moves not worth it
5) Nearing responsible - "ok" to ride behind cagers doing the speed limit. Occasional outbursts.

Different strokes for different folks. I've made the choice to slow down.

quote snakeyezzz: "PS: don't race where there is a chance of a car pulling into you path."

+1

(06BUSA @ May 06 2007,04:19)
(Rayabusa0818 @ May 06 2007,05:51)

Car at fault too
rock.gif

Well said.
A bit harsh.  Not the proper punishment for the crime. I agree racing has it's place. (at the track)

sad.gif
Maybe a little harsh...
But we all need to be responsible for our actions.

But what happened isn't punishment.  Nobody declared with guilty and imposed a punishment.

What happened can be the consequences of racing on the streets with traffic around.

All it takes is 30mins, maybe less/more, to get out into the boonies where there is any traffic.  Manage your risks and control your impulses.

(bacharles @ May 06 2007,09:25) Prayers go out to his family and friends...
+1...if one of us goes down and finds the end of the road, it's those that are left behind that suffer...take it easy guys and pick your times and places to let it all hang out

Back