Ricky Gadson goes 9.31 @ 149 in Vegas testing the new zx14r

So you ran a 1.53 60 with 9 inch over...What i asked was what did you run at stock wheel base ? .. .. I have been 1.49 stock wheel base and 1.31 @ 62 inch wheel base no sissy bar thank you ..
thats awsome. but I was comparing me to gadson, A 4 time world champ pro rider to a 250lbs 50 year old truck driver? whats your point? My point was a 1.56 60 for a pro rider aint shid.

1.56 swb is fast, and great clutch/throttle work, pro or otherwise.

I'm sure with several months to practice and setup the suspension (advantages WE have as owners of our bikes, not just day to day pilots) he'd be in the low 1.4s

i thought i was a member of HAYABUSA.org... but lately it feels like zx14r.org too many topics about that thing lately

It's a fast pass for a bike that's over 100cc bigger than a busa a ported and flowed head from the factory and gangster cam profiles! When Suzuki steps up then what?Kawasaki has changed its big cc bike how many times? 3 already! I'm not impressed at all and i'm going to tell Rickey when i see him in Jan at the New York bike show! Like i said before the only good part in the zx14 is the clutch!

i thought i was a member of HAYABUSA.org... but lately it feels like zx14r.org too many topics about that thing lately

The OP put this under General Bike Related. People put all kinds of bikes here. From HD's to scooters, nothing wrong with him just sharing knowledge of how the new zx14 is doing.

building a wall around you busa will not retain its crown as the king of speed, the 14 is now the king of stock motorcycles at the drag strip.

I don't see the big fuss.......SHINE ran a similar time on a similar setup BUSA in 2003!

So it took Kawasaki 10-YEARS to do it.....congrats I guess.... :rofl:

I want to see an what an average Joe "pro" rider on a bought from a dealer bike can do. Not a factory sponsored rider on factory prepped bikes. Until the real world proves the factory's and its sponsored rider's claims the #s are meaningless!!

I don't see the big fuss.......SHINE ran a similar time on a similar setup BUSA in 2003!

So it took Kawasaki 10-YEARS to do it.....congrats I guess.... :rofl:
Well not apple to apples testing .. The DA was 600 feet when shine ran a 9.47 on the busa and low 9.50s on the zx12r .. Rickys DA was around 3000 feet in Vegas .. Ricky out weighs Shine by 30 pounds .. The mods were close but for the gearing .. Shine changed the gearing on both the busa and zx12 to run those numbers .. The gearing was stock on the 2012 zx14r he was riding ..

Back