Insane Lane splitting

BUSA CRUSEN

Registered
[video]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B4KqJYDwxsk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

Just watched this and thought it was worth a share.

(link if embedding doesn't work:

Last edited by a moderator:
That video was published over 2 years ago. I wonder if that guy is still alive? As it looked like he had a death wish.

Gives motorcyclists a bad name when most non-motorcyclists see a video like this. Heck I think he is (was?) crazy and I ride.

I am not a fan of lane splitting at all...never done it, never will, simply because there are far too many factors involved that I cannot control (every single cager I'm weaving between). As a rider, I do my level best to control my environment by doing all I can to determine my own fate, controlling my bike, where I ride, how I ride, what I wear for protection, etc. Throw in there hundreds of uncontrollable cagers on the whim that not a single one of them will screw up your day? No thanks...I just can't bring myself to even try it.

I don't know if that (video) is really considered land splitting.
I believe that lane splitting was designed/allowed for when traffic is at a stand still or crawling along at 5-10mph.
I'm for lane splitting at a stop light as then rear end accidents with us should be eliminated. That is if there are other cars behind you.
If there were no other vehicles behind you, then no I don't think it's needed to cut to the front of the line.

Texas and Washington State have bills pending to allow for lane splitting. Since only CA allows it now in the USA I have never seen a study that
said lane splitting was more dangerous or caused more accidents. IF/WHEN you ride like an idiot - then all bets are off. Just like going around a curve to fast
for your abilities will get you in trouble or worse.

I bet the guy had too much Coke. I've never seen a guy lane splitting passing other people while they are lane splitting. I sure hope he mellowed out before Murphy caught up to him.

WOW! Way to fast of closing speeds without any room for error. All it will take is one car changing lanes and not seeing him.

I don't know if that (video) is really considered land splitting.
I believe that lane splitting was designed/allowed for when traffic is at a stand still or crawling along at 5-10mph.
I'm for lane splitting at a stop light as then rear end accidents with us should be eliminated. That is if there are other cars behind you.
If there were no other vehicles behind you, then no I don't think it's needed to cut to the front of the line.

Texas and Washington State have bills pending to allow for lane splitting. Since only CA allows it now in the USA I have never seen a study that
said lane splitting was more dangerous or caused more accidents. IF/WHEN you ride like an idiot - then all bets are off. Just like going around a curve to fast
for your abilities will get you in trouble or worse.

https://rideapart.com/articles/california-highway-patrol-says-lane-splitting-safe

I split when necessary but am usually pretty cautious/never more(usually :laugh:)than 10-15 mph above the flow of traffic.13 years riding in SoCal and so far/so good(probably just jinxed myself:laugh:).I do see a lot of young knuckleheads flying down the gap though,usually wind up being statistics.

Holy Chyt!!!!!

When he goes, he likely won't even feel it. Hey if I had to go, make it quick. But this dude is asking for it.

When I lived in Cali, I used to get super nervous when everyone was stopped and I get the bike up to say 35. I was like....man...this is crazy. I was a putt putter....lol

All that crazy lane splitting only to be bested by a 2x4 in the road... this is him

Last edited by a moderator:
Back