Reply from reporter re: Juliana Fund Raiser

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Back around Christmas when I was looking into doing the I sent an e-mail to the reporter that covered the story telling her that I was interested in doing something for the fund. I had all but given up on getting a reply but this morning she sent a reply and her cell #. I expected some sort of form letter or something to be honest but was pleasantly surprised to see that she apparently took the time to type out a reply. Her account of her encounter with Juliana was very inspiring so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

I'm going to contact her and let her know about our fund raiser thread and have her check it out. Maybe if she publicizes it more folks will come see it and make contributions through us.

Here's her reply...

You are so kind to write us about Juliana. This note is to say thank you.

I had seen photos of Juliana before I met her in person. And so I was braced for the difficult situation. Still, I was a bit unsure. To be honest I’ve never met a child with that severe and that unique a disability.

But Juliana was the one who made me feel comfortable. I wasn’t in the Wetmore’s kitchen more than 3 minutes when Juliana wiggled her little hands and wanted me to hug her. In fact, she did that all day.

I think Juliana’s Dad is so right. You may have heard him say in our story, “Juliana has something to give the world.â€

Meanwhile, however, her family faces overwhelming challenges. I guess, actually, I should reword that.
They aren’t overwhelmed. But I think I would be. The Wetmores have a tremendous faith in God and a love for their daughters beyond words. They just keep pushing and pushing to help Juliana become more normal so she can maybe talk someday or perhaps eat on her own.

Juliana could have 30-40 more surgeries. The navy pays insurance for the family but their day-to-day expenses aren’t covered. Friends figure they need about $6,000 a year.

I should point out Juliana’s family did not contact me. Tom (the Dad) has some navy friends who called hoping we could help. The family was just trying to make ends meet.

So your help is valuable. Extremely valuable.

If you want to have a fundraiser for Juliana, please e-mail me with some details. When? Where? Who? Please put “Juliana fundraiser†on the subject line of your e-mail.

I’ll try to publicize your event, if you want.

If you need to talk with me now…call (cell # left out to avoid publicizing it for obvious reasons).[/QUOTE]

Awesome! So, how long before you send the money in BT? I want to contribute more, but I have to wait 'til pay day!!!

Thanks for contacting someone about this...it's a good cause...
smile.gif

Awesome! So, how long before you send the money in BT? I want to contribute more, but I have to wait 'til pay day!!!

Thanks for contacting someone about this...it's a good cause...
smile.gif
I'm thinkin' I'll send it to them sometime around Feb 1... or shortly after. I'd like to reach 1k by then. I'm going to try to come out of pocket to finish it out to 1k if it's close enough. The total only includes like $40 from me so far. It was what was in my PayPal account when I started this... I plan to give much more than that but can't quite afford to finish it out from where it is now. It's doing great though! No complaints from me!!!
biggrin.gif

if the reporter is hot, can I have her cell number?

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105468469 -->

Back