great shots Charles!! I had a blast and it was great to meet you and Ryan
beerchug.gif

I will get the vid done this weekend and get it out to you and Ryan
thumb_up.gif

cant wait to ride with you guys again
beerchug.gif
rob

beerchug.gif

Great pics Chaz and great writeup. No more RFR for us until they repave and rid of the bumps. You did really well out there considering you went down and had your Trackday crash Cherry popped.
tounge.gif
My confidence would've been shot and I don't think I would've ridden any faster than a C group rider.

That rear busa shot of you is bad azz and I saved a copy for my TD memory lane photo album. And the one of us going thru Hoot and Hollar has to be one of the coolest ones to date. I think we'll get one million times better at Miller Motorsports in a couple weeks. I had a great time hangin with you and our fellow org members over the weekend.

BTW-I'm considering doing Streets the day before my Keith Code Superbike School. So Streets is smoother and more exciting than the technical course we did on Saturday?

Oh yeah: I found some race results of AFM #190, our friend Justin Mastalka. He did the Buttonwillow event, placed 6th of 33 riders, and did a best 1:53 flat. AFM Expert #190 Justin Mastalka at Buttonwillow

He had several impressive finishes with other events. I think he either won a race or finished 2nd. he also holds an Expert status license so the dude was totally legit when it comes to speed. He definitely wasn't fast for no reason.

The day after Fernley I went on a  family vacation so I just saw this post, great meeting you guys, hope we can do some other tracks together in the future!    Doyle

Re: Reno/Fernley trackday pics!

BTW-I'm considering doing Streets the day before my Keith Code Superbike School. So Streets is smoother and more exciting than the technical course we did on Saturday?

Streets is not as bumpy and I think the layout is better as well! What day is that?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Didn't they tell you Busa's can't corner.:laugh: keep the pics coming

Great pics Charles, sorry to here about the slike, but glad you're ok and got to continue to ride. Even with the bumps, it looks like you gugs had a great time.

Chas! U da man! Great pics and sorry I missed you guyz at yet another event. ??? Oh well... glad u did good and didnt get hurt. Doyle I wanna see your photo's too.

Hey Charles what kind of tires were you running on each bike?
I ran the same tires on both bikes, except a 190/55 for the Busa and a 180/55 for the 750.

I thought Reno/Fernley would be in the 90s in August, so I strapped on some BT002 DOT Race tires to handle the hot temps.

Looking back, I would have been better off on the BT002RS tires as the temps were in the low 80s instead of mid 90s.

Plus Reno/Fernley ended up being a much slower track than I thought, slower means less heat.

So I spent an extra $100 in race tires I didn't need. The race tires did fine, they just cost more than the BT002RS tires.

But it could've been hotter, than I would have had overheated greasy BT002RS tires. I guess its Murphy's law :;):

Last edited:
Wow! Looks like a great track day!
A lot of great shots, but this is my fave:

attachment.php?attachmentid=110965&stc=1&d=0.jpg

Charles looks like fun. Unfortunately I am out for 8 weeks due to hand surgery. I am missing a lot of good track days.

Damn Charles! That pic from behind is awesome! You ride like the wind bro! Woohoo! Here comes Miller!

Back