Reno/Fernley trackday pics!

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
I had an awesome time!

Met Ozz, Raydog, Bosshound and others for the first time! Also got spanked once again by gtrpimp76
winkold.gif

The Sports Car Ass and the track itself screwed us on Day 1. PTT(Pacfic Track Time) had a signed contract with the track for the entire course. But the track went and sold half of it to the sports cars
argue.gif
We took the slower twistier part and the Sports Cars took the straighter faster part. Which really sucked for Ozz and Raydog since they were only doing 1 day. Ryan and I got to do the 3mile course on Sunday.

I did have a little crash on my 750, but nothing to write home about. Just some rash and a bent brake lever that was still useable for the bike and not a scratch or bruise on me. I continued to ride with no problems on the 750. I didn't get in too hot or make an abrupt control movement. I went in as fast as I meant too. But the bumps got me at max lean, so I went for a little slide. Lesson learned, you can't ride as fast over bumps as over smooth pavement
winkold.gif

While Ryan and I had a great time, we both agree we would go back to Reno/Fernley unless they repave. There are bumpy tracks and then there is Reno/Fernley. Those bumps are like speed bumps, they're big! We don't regret going, its just for a 9 hour drive the bumps are not worth going back. Especially when you have tracks like Thunder Hill, Sears Points, Laguna, Miller and Pahrump that we could drive to instead
winkold.gif

Now for the pics!!

MF1A0064.JPG

winkold.gif

winkold.gif

One of best kick aZZ photos of me!! Too bad its just a little out of focus...

MF1A1211.JPG

Just after my crash! I picked the bike up and I'm returning to the pits to check it out. Obviously slow on track
sad.gif

MF1A1881.JPG

A close up of the damage
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

Very little actually  
smile.gif
 Frame slider did its job, kept the clutch cover from grinding down too far and leaking.  Bar end scraped, brake lever bent, rear brake lever ground down, exhaust scraped, rear and right side fairing scraped.

crashdamage.jpg

sad.gif

sad.gif

I like this shot as well! It looks like the Busa is just exploding out of the corner
thumb_up.gif
cool.gif

MF1A3344.JPG

Last one, that's Ryan(gtrpimp76) behind me lining me up for a pass! I couldn't hang with him. Ryan you're getting fast bro!!

MF1A4674.JPG

Damn nice pictures Charles. Looking good, GREAT FORM! Were you still on your beloved BT002RS tires?

I know all to well about the rough track thing. Our local track here near Seattle has some really rough spots. Most of the rough spots can be avoided with line choice.

I was actually running the BT002 DOT Race tires on both bikes thinking it would be much hotter. But temps were high 80s day 1 and low 90s day 2. Plus over 1/2 of that track is slow 1st gear stuff. I never got those race tires that hot, I think I would have been better off on the BT002RSs for the money. It just wasn't that hot and the track wasn't that fast overall.

This was a 3 mile course, Buttonwillow is also 3 miles long. I ran 2:57 at Reno and I run 2:06 at Buttonwillow. That really shows the speed difference and why Race tires really aren't needed unless you're faster than me or its hotter than it was. The part circled in red was almost all in 1st gear! Very tight! and bumpy...

qp.jpg

Even though I did'nt Participate (NO GEAR) It was Great To Meet You Charles. One Day with a Little Less Weight(290Pounds) and A Little More Practice I can be just as Good as You......
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

Back