Recall - Cam Chain Tension Adjuster

Today was the 1st day my dealer got notice from Suzuki. I was there by accident and they didn't want to give me my bike back before the problem is fixed. It can take a couple of days they said.

Got my recall notice in the mail yesterday for the chain tension fix.Not bad for Suzuki sending this notice out.I guess our pressure via this Website plus others must have something to do with it.Anyways got to figure out when I should take it down.

got my chain tensioner replaced. Mechanic said it was a snap. I asked him to replace my spark plugs, he laughed and said "its more trouble to replace the spark plugs than the cam chain tensioner. Had the bike back that afternoon. ran great.............

Had my recall work done Wed., after a day of telling them I was not leaving my bike on Tue. Took about 1 1/2 hrs. I watched the process. The mechanic did not remove the right panel, but he also acted like he had to find where the tensioner was located. Might have been his first hands-on on a BUSA! Can't tell any difference with the new tensioner, sounds the same

I just got my bike back after having the cam chain tensioner replaced and the 2 service bulletin items accomplished. Bike seems to run okay. After getting home I checked my mail and there was the recall notice from Suzuki. And for what it's worth, the clutch fluid was noticeably darker than the brake fluid from day one. I'll change both soon.

[This message has been edited by Busa Dude (edited 22 October 1999).]

Just changed mine. It was pretty easy. The site glass is still a little foggy, I could'nt get between the metal and the glass to clean it. When I cleaned the rubber cup on top of the reservoir black color kept showing on the cloth. Maybe this is an explanation since nobody seems to know exactly why this is happening.

After work was done finding lunging problems. posted on the other sting Topic: After work on recall.
But the wired part is another one is also having the same problem, my # is 28 his is about # 251 or # 257 ?? Shop calling Suzuki ?? find out more on sat..

I had all the work done at the same time, But the other bike had only the tensioner done, go figure >> ..

[This message has been edited by mrabusa_h (edited 04 November 1999).]

Maybe I'm nuts, but the top-end racket I had before seems to have disappeared with the recall work - much quieter. Anyone else experience this?

I agree with Pranav.....I wouldn't leave my bike at the dealer either, so the Parts guy slipped me the recall parts, (Fuel system parts and the Cam Chain tensioner). Took them hom took off the tank, replaced all the feul system parts, and then it took me a whole 4 mins to replace the adjuster.
Although, since the fuel parts replacement, the bike seems to run out of gas, and cuts of for short periods of time, only when cruising around 50 to 70 mph, with no load(like down a long hill)it's odd, I can twist the throttle and no response......like I hit the kill button on the handlebar. Then as quick as it happenes, it corrects itself, and might not do it the rest of the day?????
Wish I knew what the problem was. Anybody have any ideas....let me know.

Hayaboosa, do you have a set of bulletins 108 and 109?

Did you address the fuel line routing issue?
That could be your problem (108).

There is a fine metal mesh strainer in between the pump and the regulator this piece was not part of the service bulletin kit and mine was nearly impossible to se through. I paid for a new one and it was installed at the time of the 108/109 fix.

If you need the complete 7 pages of 108 and 109 I will email them to you if you like.

>>KawAbuser

I've had the engine cut-out problem fixed (re-routing fuel lines - not fuel filter mod as far as I know) and I've had the cam chain tensioner sorted. Is there or has there been another recall notice? I seem to recall you mentioning three in total on another thread but I can find that thread anymore.

One of my concerns is that the re-routing work was done, I think, before this fuel filter mesh situation so do I need that sorting?

As always, my appreciation for your posts.
Regards
BusOwnerInBlighty

P.S. Took the Bus out for a blip last night...joined a carriage way rolling on in third and it started to rev out. The rear was spinning at 90mph. There had been some rain earlier in the day but the road looked dry to me. There must have been some surface moisture I hadn't noticed. What a bike!

Back