Cam Chain Tensioner Fix??

Have a severe cam chain rattle at 1500rpm. The dealer thinks it is the same problem as the gsxr600. Bike has 8500 hard km. The noise is only evident at this rpm, and is substantial. Will take it in for service on monday the 30th. Will let you all know details. But it is definitely the cam chain making the noise.

German moto-mag Motorrad had a failed spring on their long-termer 'Busa's cam chain tensioner and they had some 7 valves destroyed when the chain skipped a tooth because of this.

Had the tensioner replaced under warranty, part number indicated that it is an update. Also had the rotors replaced and the tank due to some scratches under the clear coat. Bike has 9000 km and is for sale.

turbo1300-
Who made it?? How do i get one?? I thought the 750 tensioner was the same??
Dont hold back with the info-How much??

ducmanic
Los Angeles

Suzuki has recalled all '99 Hayabusas for a new cam chain tension adjuster . Already had mine done...takes 10 minutes to do . Parts already at your respective dealers.....

Today 10/12/99 I was at L & D Suzuki, Dover Delaware when they were opening their mail. It's official, Suzuki has issued a recall for the cam chain tensioner. I personally read/observed the paperwork and if I read it correctly, Suzuki will also be mailing notices out to owners immediately. First the gsxr600/750, now the Hayabusa.

Back