Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rear suspension adjustment question

Max Speed

Registered
Ok I brought home my new B-King yesterday. They say the seat height in the books is the same as the Busa. Well Im on my tip toes when I set on the bike. I like things like my busa feet flat on the ground. My question is this how can I drop the back of the bike a 1/2 inch or so? I don't want the ass end of the bike feeling like mush. If I turned the rings on the back shock to lower the back of the bike will it make the back suspension mushy? Or do I have to change the dog bones? Thanks for your help, this is the first time I have ever thought of messing with changing suspension settings on any of the bikes I have owned.

Don't know the answer, BUT..............How do you like that monster ??

If I turned the rings on the back shock to lower the back of the bike will it make the back suspension mushy?
No, preload adjusts where the shock rests in it's travel. It does not change the stiffness of the spring. If the linkage of the suspension system is a rising rate, the suspension might feel stiffer if preload is backed out and the shock gets into the harder range of the link system.

cheers
ken

Thanks kml if I understand you I can turn the rings and it should be fine. I don't need to move them too much I would think to get the drop I need.

kennym4 right now all I can say is pictures don't do justice to this bike. Many people get hung up on the look of the back of the bike with the size of the muffler ends. They are selling this bike short for sure. This thing parked screams power and is a thing of beauty. I have yet to ride her I brought her home on a trailer, its snowing here. It could be a week or so before the weather gets good enough to ride. Her is a scan of my Certificate of Origin from Suzuki to answer the hp of the motor on the B-King. Many people thought the motor was de-balled somewhat, notice 181hp. Take away some hp lost in the transmission and you can see its going to be fun. The intakes were made smaller for bottom end power, I guess you can say it will be fun in the 1/4 mile.

_2_b_king_cert..jpg

Man, that has got to be torture !!!!!!!!!!!! A new bike, and can't ride it  
cursin.gif

banghead.gif
Tell the truth, you've been sitting on that thing in the garage, pretending to be in the turns, and making motor sounds ?  

ask me how I know, LOL

Well I have been in the garage just adjusting things for myself. Mirrors and controls, ok and running the motor a little. Now all I need is warm weather set in.

b_king_in_leaning_turn.jpg

Adjustable lowering links
+1... i have these on my bike and love them. Not the 3 hole lowering links but fully adjustable links... there is a guy on this board that makes them... soupy i believe is his name.

What type of price are we talking for them? and I wonder if they are the same on the B-King. Guess I will have to check my Busa and see... If they are I will have to give him a yell.. thanks guys

My_new_B_King_and_I_2.down_size.jpg

damn, them cans are ugly.
laugh.gif
I'd have to rip them right the hell off.

badazz bike for sure, though.

Until the turbo they will stay... I had fun bringing the bike home on the trailer, I stopped at a shop of a friend and people were going what the hell is that? It was fun watching the people check it out. I guess you have to keep an open mind and just accept not everyone is going to like it. It sounds good running.

my_b_king_back.jpg

Ok I brought home my new B-King yesterday. They say the seat height in the books is the same as the Busa. Well Im on my tip toes when I set on the bike. I like things like my busa feet flat on the ground. My question is this how can I drop the back of the bike a 1/2 inch or so? I don't want the ass end of the bike feeling like mush. If I turned the rings on the back shock to lower the back of the bike will it make the back suspension mushy? Or do I have to change the dog bones? Thanks for your help, this is the first time I have ever thought of messing with changing suspension settings on any of the bikes I have owned.

I would leave the rear ride height alone...if you are only looking for 1/2" ???

It will settle at least that much in the first 500-1,000 miles.

Top Bottom