RC51 owners chime in.

I want a second bike to really ride. I told myself that this one won't get blinged out or painted. While i want a clean bike to start with this one will not suffer from over modness. (Yeah, that's what i say now) Over the course of the last 2 years, i've made my Busa too nice to really bust some turns and ride the hell out of. The last thing i want to do is low side that puppy because the one fixing it will be me, not some shop.

(gdub420 @ Dec. 21 2006,11:35) I have an 03 with 650 actual miles on it just sitting in my garage,  I will make you a good deal on..
03 what please.

runeight...

try one of these if you got the scratch, it'll be my next bike, Ducati 1098:

L-twin 160 hp, 90lb/ft of torque,  and a dry weight of 388 lbs!

Ducati_1098_motousa_fl.jpg

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article....&Page=1

(GMbusa @ Dec. 20 2006,19:54) I dunno, the RC just seems alot more performance oriented IMO than the TL. Plus, to me, the RC doesn't feel anywhere near the top heaviness that the TL suffers from.  Plus i like the Honda a bit more. If i don't get the 51, i'm gonna get a ZRX1200.
I had a ZRX 1200 and sold it to get my ZX-14. I love the '14, but I really miss the ZRX!

I have a SV 650 for a track bike..............can only have so many toys.

I had 2 ZRX1100's at different times, i sold the 99' rex to get my Busa.

(Mr. Anderson @ Dec. 22 2006,07:37) try one of these if you got the scratch, it'll be my next bike, Ducati 1098:

L-twin 160 hp, 90lb/ft of torque,  and a dry weight of 388 lbs!

Ducati_1098_motousa_fl.jpg

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article....&Page=1
+1 on the Duc.The Ducati is 15 grand while a new RC51 is 12k.Yes the maintenance on ducs is expensive but id rather buy that anyday than spend 12k on a RC.Nothing against RCs but they are a bit overpriced (new ones) considering how old the technology is.

GMBusa, I'd be willing to sacrifice my arse and ride the RC gdub420 has from CA to your house... I mean it would be for the sole purpose of helping you out man, forget the route would take me by every track in b/w CA and VA
smile.gif

The new Duc's are supposed to require less maintenance, and the cost from stealership is supposedly less as well. I may be moving to Germany for my last 3yrs in the Army, and been really looking at picking a new 1098 up. I'd really like it if they made them in Black, but not for 07, red only
sad.gif

I'm not buying a new bike, much less spending $15 large on a bike.
I'm buying used if i do. I WANT used.

buddies rc51 was recently totaled by 15yr old (prov license) rear-ended him @ light. friend is ok. saw pics of bike ,didnt look bad, but insur totaled it.
sad.gif

(gdub420 @ Dec. 21 2006,11:35) I have an 03 with 650 actual miles on it just sitting in my garage,  I will make you a good deal on..
and the price is? PM please.

runeight...

Friend has a RC51 Nicky Hayden edition for sale, mint/ showroom, low mi. has full ti sys. same that Hayden ran on the track. PM if you want more iinfo.

(fasttoys1 @ Dec. 26 2006,15:48) Friend has a RC51 Nicky Hayden edition for sale, mint/ showroom, low mi. has full ti sys. same that Hayden ran on the track. PM if you want more iinfo.
Not that I wouldn't want info but looking at your location.

Couldn't be farther away..
laugh.gif

Back