RC51 owners chime in.

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
I'm selling my old chevy C10 and am considering using some of the funds to get a RC51. Anyone know of a clean one forsale or have one to part with?

I know other bikes are better and faster but i want a sportbike twin and the RC does it for me.

(GMbusa @ Dec. 20 2006,17:39) I'm selling my old chevy C10 and am considering using some of the funds to get a RC51. Anyone know of a clean one forsale or have one to part with?  

I know other bikes are better and faster but i want a sportbike twin and the RC does it for me.
I'd go for Honduh's other RC... The 211V
biggrin.gif

Why not a Ducati 1098 162 hp and 380 lbs wet !!!!!!
But at 15K may be better off with 3 rc's or 2 rc's and a tl or oh never mind..
When Im looking for a bike I always check WWW.cycletrader.com and feabay... They havent let me down yet..
Good Luck
I drove an RC-51 for the first time last year and they are very fun, plus sound different..

I'm waiting for the black one below to come up for sale, he keeps telling me that he wants to sell it but then drops the conversation.  I think it would make a nice track bike, have the busa for everything else.

DSC02807.jpg

I dunno, the RC just seems alot more performance oriented IMO than the TL. Plus, to me, the RC doesn't feel anywhere near the top heaviness that the TL suffers from. Plus i like the Honda a bit more. If i don't get the 51, i'm gonna get a ZRX1200.

i owned a RC51. They handle great and sound awesome with a good set of pipes. They aren't the fastest bikes on the road, but they are kinda unique and have that v-twin character. I still wish I didn't sell mine. Someday i will buy another one, and keep my busa.

I wanted an RC for a while, then I rode one. That was the most god awful uncomfortable bike ive ever riden.

(GMbusa @ Dec. 21 2006,00:54) If i don't get the 51, i'm gonna get a ZRX1200.
Thought you wanted a twin ?

A 2005 up SV1000S with .425 lift cams is a cool ride .

2mm over pistons just add's to that fun factor .

While spending your money , there's been some smoking deals around on low mile Aprilia Mille's . 6k bucks and less . Funky dash panel though .

Beautiful bike ... first one I wanted since I was a kid. Never owned one, but maybe someday. Good luck!

Honda_RC51_Small.JPG

The stock seat is murder, adding a Corbin really makes things tons better and i've felt the difference.  I do want a twin but as far as the eurobikes go for price-even used, are out of my price range. I like the Tuono from Aprillia, but even the Mille isn't made for us bigfooted fellas. My 15's heel rests right on the pipe. I guess if i did ride with the balls of my feet on the pegs all the time it wouldn't be that big of a deal. But i don't, and i do alot of cruising too so they're out of the question. I did consider a Duc, even though i could perform the valve adj myself, since i travel a bit on the bike going to northern Va alot i would be doing the adjustment every 4-5 months. Plus they're $$, even used.

I'll probly catch hell for this but here goes.... I like the older X-1 Buell lightnings and found a real clean 99' in NC for under $5k. It looks new. I know alittle about these bikes as they were what made me want to get a bike in the first place. That was..... geez, 8 years ago when i was a bigtime HD dude. I'm gonna look around and see what comes out of the woodwork. I can't do anything till my old truck sells.

(05 Busa LE @ Dec. 20 2006,22:36) Beautiful bike ... first one I wanted since I was a kid. Never owned one, but maybe someday. Good luck!
Yep, that's the 05-06' black. That's ultimatly what i want but the shops or people that have them won't come off them at a decent price.

I got a Repsol 1000 RR with only 1900 miles for sale. Selling it for a friend who is deployed.

(GMbusa @ Dec. 21 2006,13:17) I like the Tuono from Aprillia, but even the Mille isn't made for us bigfooted fellas. My 15's heel rests right on the pipe.

I'll probly catch hell for this but here goes.... I like the older X-1 Buell lightnings and found a real clean 99' in NC for under $5k.
I know what you mean . A VTR1000F Honda Superhawk feels like a Ninja 250 under me . Those Mille's and other bikes like it " liter bikes " are just way to small .

Those Lightnings you spoke about  make for cool customs . So do the V-Max's .

2001X1lightningfairing.jpg

1998.jpg

I have been thinking about taking a new 2007 Bandit 1250S , making a N model out of it by ditching the fairing and buying a Rotrex Supercharger unit and building my own blower kit . Like you , I want a new toy .

SuzukiGSF1250NBandit.jpg

I looked at the TL1000R - loved it until I rode it - top heavy / doesn't handle well for me.

I am picking up a 2003 RC51 strictly to race tomorrow - 2000 miles

Sharkskinz
Woodcraft clip ons
Osf rearsets
jardine exhast - 4-1
pcIII powercommander
michelin slicks - 2 sets
front carbon fender
scotts dampner
15/41 sprockets
front-rear stands
folding levers