Rank your favorite exhaust and post a picture!

s4play

Registered
I know we all have our reason why we chose a certain brand of exhaust system so I'm asking we all post ONE PICTURE and tell us what brand/why you picked this exhaust and how it sounds.....

I still have my stock cans but looking for a slightly throatier sound:

Considering these brands: Akrapovic, Two Brothers, Yoshimura

thanks in advance and I promise to post a picture of my setup once I buy one!

rk

Hummmmm.....This one! :laugh:

Heather & Erin_800.jpg

Cant beat that exhaust above:laugh: but, I like the look and sound of my factory chopped

CloseUp.jpg

I've got a Hotbodies shorty megaphone slip-on kit. This system really sounds sick, throaty and deep. I know the performance side isn't as good as a full kit but the price isn't either, about 300 installed.

Busa3.jpg

Brocks' ShortMeg. Performance was the first criteria, looks the second, and sound third. I preferred the "old school" look(I am 52) over the Alien Head and it also has a slightly lower tone due to the larger outlet. The baffle is also removable for track use where as the Alien Heads' is not. Alot of people complain that the Brocks' systems are too loud but I disagree. If driven moderately it's not objectionable at all-crusing at 70-85mph the wind noise in my Shoei is as loud as the pipe. But open it up, and yeah, it sings quite a tune. I keep it down around town and have had no problems with the LEO's.

013.jpg

You are overlooking the BEST IMO....

DSC_0044.jpg

Mod08.jpg

#1 BEST PERFORMANCE!

#2 Customer service that can't be touched by ANYONE!

#3 Sound is amazing! (A light bark until you crack her open then she screams)

#4 Comes with free map support (it will hold you over until you can get a custom dyno tune).

#5 I think the looks speak for themselves

You decide... :thumbsup:

Click sig: I ran 204.468MPH with this pipe on a 100% stock motor, only .032MPH slower than a fully built 1441cc BUSA, so the results speak for themselves!

It seems a lot of you like to run the shorty pipes, does it exit out both sides? I'm not really a fan of how those look and I'm pretty sure it's much louder than stock right?

Call me strange but I like the look of two really fat mufflers sticking out the sides and since I have the dark blue/gold theme, I wanted a pair of CF pipes along the sides.

Why are the Akropovics so expensive? (almost $1200 slip ons and $1800 for full pipes)

I had the Yoshi R22's I think on my last bike and the sound was just right :)

thanks again for the replies and I should add that I'm not doing this necessarily for more power since the bike is plenty fast for me already...hehe :thumbsup:

rk

I like arkapovic for my bikes, but they didnt offer it for the hayabusa at the time. So I got the next best option for me. R77 Yoshimura full system!!! If you look at the 02 1k Its got an arkapovic on it!:rulez:

blue1.jpg

thegirls_003.jpg

It seems a lot of you like to run the shorty pipes, does it exit out both sides? I'm not really a fan of how those look and I'm pretty sure it's much louder than stock right?

Call me strange but I like the look of two really fat mufflers sticking out the sides and since I have the dark blue/gold theme, I wanted a pair of CF pipes along the sides.

Why are the Akropovics so expensive? (almost $1200 slip ons and $1800 for full pipes)

I had the Yoshi R22's I think on my last bike and the sound was just right :)

thanks again for the replies and I should add that I'm not doing this necessarily for more power since the bike is plenty fast for me already...hehe :thumbsup:

rk

Remember you are having to buy TWO mufflers with the dual systems so the price is going to be more. If you want a dual setup I'd recommend the NEW Brock's dual...

BP-CT-Dual_650.jpg

If you don't care about power or racing then it's all about LOOKS! Whichever look you like the best go with. :thumbsup:

However, if you are going to spend the money you may as well drop some weight AND pick up power while you are at it. I dropped 35lbs. by going to the Brock system over stock. The factory mufflers are 15lbs. each and the header is 13lbs. The entire Alien Head exhaust is only 8lbs. TOTAL!

LINK: http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/servlet/brockracing/-strse-2534/BUSA-(08-dsh-09)-CT-SERIES/Detail

Back