Pushing in corner.....

That's a tough one man. It's obvious to say but I would focus on what changed. There are so many things that can make a bike under or oversteer. Mostly the same things just adjustments in one direction or the other. Tire pressures and dimensions, sag, spring rates but I would just ignore all that and focus on what could have changed. Did they adjust your chain for example? If it was loose and they tighten it up, extending the wheel base could make the bike feel like its understeering. Same as shortening the wheel base will make the bike steer quicker. Like @sixpack577 just trying to throw out ideas?!?!?

Sorry, I can't keep up with who does what anymore.
Just throwing out ideas of where to look
Ok spent evening after the taco coma looking things over. Chain had roughly just over 1/2 inch play or for the euro guys 13.....mm measured with a digital caliper spec in manual is 20-30 mm. Loosened it to roughly 25mm and verified rear axle is centered. Will ride tomorrow. Tires are worn but normal wear nothing major that wasn't there 3 weeks ago.

Ok spent evening after the taco coma looking things over. Chain had roughly just over 1/2 inch play or for the euro guys 13.....mm measured with a digital caliper spec in manual is 20-30 mm. Loosened it to roughly 25mm and verified rear axle is centered. Will ride tomorrow. Tires are worn but normal wear nothing major that wasn't there 3 weeks ago.
If the bike acted normal while cornering just a short while ago and basically all of a sudden started pushing in corners, the common denominator is tires......4000 miles is nearing the life span of most tires.....

Tires lose performance as they get more miles on them, your tires might be great for straight running with light cornering but when pushed hard, they will cause this issue....

I saw this constantly on the track....I could feel when my tires were no longer performing as they should.

I'll bet if you put new tires on your bike and then go down the same road at the same speeds, you will find the "pushing" feeling has gone.

That's a tough one man. It's obvious to say but I would focus on what changed. There are so many things that can make a bike under or oversteer. Mostly the same things just adjustments in one direction or the other. Tire pressures and dimensions, sag, spring rates but I would just ignore all that and focus on what could have changed. Did they adjust your chain for example? If it was loose and they tighten it up, extending the wheel base could make the bike feel like its understeering. Same as shortening the wheel base will make the bike steer quicker. Like @sixpack577 just trying to throw out ideas?!?!?

lol
yeah, that doesn't read very good...

I appreciate the ideas trust me. Thats why I made the post. Definitely not nipping at anyone. You all are great folks for sure.

I appreciate the ideas trust me. Thats why I made the post. Definitely not nipping at anyone. You all are great folks for sure.
If I were to lay my best guess down, I'd say your tires are causing the issue.

I recall a time when my GSXR started following the "street snakes" more and more, I changed out my tires and went down the same road and it tracked true.....

Tires do odd things when they start to get worn.

If I were to lay my best guess down, I'd say your tires are causing the issue.

I recall a time when my GSXR started following the "street snakes" more and more, I changed out my tires and went down the same road and it tracked true.....

Tires do odd things when they start to get worn.

I'm no Max Wrist lol, but with our drag strip still closed my rear tire is lasting longer. Normally it was every other rear tire before a new front tire. Bike starts feeling like your driving a dump truck by then and in the words of Darrell Waltrip new Feel Goods are the ticket, Luckly we only need two.

I don't push my bike to the limits in a curve and I get use to the tire wear over time, but when new tires go on it's holly crap this thing handles.

So I took the corner tonight and seemed way better. Must have been the chain binding up the rear. Didn't get any negative feedback from the bike at all. Even went out to Mexico for a cruise
Good it is sorted out...

I guess I've never had a chain tight (or loose) enough to cause a handling issue thankfully...

It's good to learn something every day....

Are you running hard enough in the corners, even in Mexico, to slide the front tire? Jus askin…

Last edited:
Reactions: kml
PXL_20240123_130338703.jpg

Are you running hard enough in the corners, even in Mexico, to slide the front tire? Jus askin…
20 years ago I was riding my Sportster and it has forward controls and while taking a tight left turn I pushed the front tire and put my left foot down to catch the bike. It all happen in split second until the front gain traction again, I got real lucky that day. Also back in 70's I locked up the front tire on my GT750 coming up to a yellow light when it was raining, I didn't go down and quickly released the brake and ran the light. Just a lucky dog that day.

Haven't seen them in years but those bikes with 2 front wheels side by side about a foot apart might be better for me lol

Back