Pushing in corner.....

Ked0607

Registered
So what causes a pushing feeling in a corner? What should I look for? I just had bike serviced on 3rd service. Just over 10k miles and out of nowhere it feels off. Checked pressures and I'm @ 38 psi both tires. Where else should I look.

Did they adjust/over tighten the chain?
If they did that limits the rear suspension's travel range, and will upset the whole ride.
I agree with @Kiwi Rider too, it could definately be the tires, as immediately most of us think suspension, but as we know, without adjusting the settings, nothing changes.
The tires however, could have just worn out noticeably and suddenly, and the timing is just a coinsidence.
Do you know where your suspension was set before?
I ask only for the very unlikely chance that someone turned something, and threw it out of whack.

Last edited:
Did they adjust/over tighten the chain?
If they did that limits the rear suspension's travel range, and will upset the whole ride.
I agree with @Kiwi Rider too, it could definately be the tires, as immediately most of us think suspension, but as we know, without adjusting the settings, nothing changes.
The tires however, could have just worn out noticeably and suddenly, and the timing is just a coinsidence.
Do you know where your suspension was set before?
I ask only for the very unlikely chance that someone turned something, and threw it out of whack.
no clue on the settings. I just know it runs the same but the feel is off. Its like the feedback to input isnt what it used to be. Ill look into the chain thought when I park it tonight.

I have Pilot Power 5 on it at the moment. They have roughly 4k miles on them .

I have tried multiple Pilots on multiple bikes, and not to start a tire thread, but my personal experience with all of them is, that small psi changes make very noticeable handling changes with them, good and bad.
With other tires, my personal experience has been that tire x produces much similiar grip and feedback, only accross a wider psi range, so not nearly as precise to maintain, especially riding from warmer to cooler temperatures, and vice versa.
800' above sea level to close to 4k' on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and from a cool morning to a mid-day summer scorcher, which accounts for some psi changes, and why I've carried a small air compressor for years.
My rambled point, I experienced Pilots as finicky, so it could very well be a simple psi change from when you dropped it off until you rode it again, and it was enough for you to notice.
I'm not knocking Pilots either.
Just my reasoning for suggesting playing with the tire pressure first.

I have tried multiple Pilots on multiple bikes, and not to start a tire thread, but my personal experience with all of them is, that small psi changes make very noticeable handling changes with them, good and bad.
With other tires, my personal experience has been that tire x produces much similiar grip and feedback, only accross a wider psi range, so not nearly as precise to maintain, especially riding from warmer to cooler temperatures, and vice versa.
800' above sea level to close to 4k' on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and from a cool morning to a mid-day summer scorcher, which accounts for some psi changes, and why I've carried a small air compressor for years.
My rambled point, I experienced Pilots as finicky, so it could very well be a simple psi change from when you dropped it off until you rode it again, and it was enough for you to notice.
I'm not knocking Pilots either.
Just my reasoning for suggesting playing with the tire pressure first.
Six I ride year around and check pressure weekly. I ride 4 plus days a week so it's not that I forgot what it was before I dropped it off. It's more like oh poop why isn't this pig turning all of a sudden. Like a common exit ramp I take very often type deal.

Six I ride year around and check pressure weekly. I ride 4 plus days a week so it's not that I forgot what it was before I dropped it off. It's more like oh poop why isn't this pig turning all of a sudden. Like a common exit ramp I take very often type deal.
What does the profile of your front tire look like?

I found the Michelin PR5s I had crowned in the middle due to the hard compound, not sure if the Power tires do the same...

I found my front end was pushing a little as well......even though I had decent tread on the front, I changed them out.

My brother said the Michelins did the same on his BMW RT.....

Sorry, I can't keep up with who does what anymore.
Just throwing out ideas of where to look

So what causes a pushing feeling in a corner? What should I look for? I just had bike serviced on 3rd service. Just over 10k miles and out of nowhere it feels off. Checked pressures and I'm @ 38 psi both tires. Where else should I look.

The "out of nowhere" suggests a recent event / change of some kind. Not a gradual degradation. What did they do during the recent service?

Always having GSXR in the past that cornered like a dream the Hayabusa isn't as nimble by any means as a GSXR 1000
My beastie doesn't handle like my GSXRs did but it is more stable at speed than they were...I found my GSXR was easily blown around at speed especially if there were any cross winds at all....

And if there were roads with tight corners, the guys on the 600s were able to out run the 1000s who weren't able to use their power as effectively.......I had a race instructor that once referred to this as the "big fish, little fish" situation....

Just to clarify. When you say "pushing." That is a "run wide / understeer" condition?

Back