Potential new busa owner - san diego...

mrbios

Registered
I'm looking a 2006 busa with 15K one owner near san diego where I live. I have owned a number of motorcycles since the late 80's. I do most of my own repairs.

What should I look for on this mostly stock bike (pipes are original), no engine mods, etc.

Also, does anyone know if there is a kit to raise the handlebars 3 inches or more? I am prepared to change cables if a kit exists with the right lenghts / ends.

Thanks,

Paul

No known major issues with the '06. Owner abuse/misuse is the most common cause for problematic Busas. To raise the bars, options I am aware of are the Heli-Bars or Genmar (do not think either comes in KIT form though). Good time top upgrade the lines to steel braided units like Galfer or Speigler (can get them in the exact lengths you need).

I don't trust that dealer. Went looking for a TL1000 a few years ago, their ad showed a mint yellow one. Called them and they told me it was very nice. Drove over and the bike was wiped out on the left side, looked like a high speed lay down. He said, "hey it's used"..............He buys wrecked bikes from insurance companies and replces parts, just a heads up.

Thats what Lamb considers his shop. Trust people who have never dealt with them or Lamb, who has spent thousands in the shop.
hmmm?

It is a used bike service shop.

I just bought a 2004 with a 1 1/2 inch riser on it. it is made by GENMAR. I hate and am ripping it off as soon as the stock bolts I order come in.

Back