Possible "new to me" '05 titan (pix)

Jinkster you have to excuse me, for some reason when i read Titan in the heading i thought you meant the chopper not the truck. Then i was thinking, Jinkster on a chopper? I don't think so.

I've read the thread and everything is good.

Congrats .
biggrin.gif

Congrats, Bill!  
smile.gif

I've been contemplating a Titan for some time now.  Your info has helped a lot!

Lemme know what kinda mileage you're seeing outta it!
as far as mileage goes ive got one the same truck 4 door and everything and i get on average 17, i have gotten up to 20 and love the truck

Thanks folks...and yes...I'm thrilled...the wifes very content (must have sumpt'in ta do with that 350 watt sub-woofer under the drivers seat....and she was driving..LOL! )..and the daughters are elated with all their new found LEG ROOM! and a glance into the back seat at any given time was like...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks again..Bill.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Congrats, Bill!  
smile.gif

omslaw..here's the 411 I based my decision making on...

The Titan Crew Cab Has.....

1. The Most Interior Room Of Any Truck In It's Class

2. 305HP/379FT LBS Running Through 5 Speed A/T ='s...

3. More Get Up And Go Than Any Truck In It's Class and...

4. With The Tow Package that includes a separate in dash tranny temp gauge,Tranny Cooler, 4:10 Rear and HD Battery it also PULLS more than any truck in it's class...9,500LBS.

5. Huge Bosch Disc Brakes in all four corners.

6. Dana Axels.

Bottom Line?...The Titan is "Best In Class" (1/2 ton gassers) pretty much everywhere ya look...quiet comfy ride...solid build.

Sidebar: my father inlaw test drove it this afternoon...and he broke the rear wheels loose 3 times...by accident...just going around the block! LOL!...embarrassed he sheepishly told me..

"This damn things as jumpy as my old 5.0 Mustang...real touchy gas pedal!"

On the way home from my parents tonight the wife was driving as a black piped 1/2 ton Chevy step-side pulled up on her left and started toying with her/us...flow of traffic was like 75-80 and sparsly populated...the wife looks at me with a ? in her eyes..I told'er...go ahead...as long as he doesn't have the 6.0 this truck should smoke'im...so she did...nailed it to the floor....pinned me and the daughters (who were screaming "GO MOM! )to the seat and in a few seconds we were well over a buck and the chevy was putt'in up a good fight but from several lengths behind us....wife bailed at 110...good enough. LOL!

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Congrats, Bill!
smile.gif

I've been contemplating a Titan for some time now. Your info has helped a lot!

as far as mileage goes ive got one the same truck 4 door and everything and i get on average 17, i have gotten up to 20 and love the truck
Dayum! I've got a '92 Toyota 4wd V6 and don't get that! I average around 15...

Yours 4wd?

Looks like the gate needs to be down to carry the Busa. But it looks like a fantastic ride! I always want brand-new, but if it saves your enough and they'll give you some type of warranty ... I'd say go for it!
Jinkster, have you determined if the busa will fit in the bed with the gate down or not?

Congrats, Bill!  
smile.gif

Dayum!  I've got a '92 Toyota 4wd V6 and don't get that!  I average around 15...

Yours 4wd?
2wd with the stock 18 inch wheels

Nice truck. My firend has one that we put a 6 inch lift on. They deff did their research before building the truck. Has alot of nice little features that make it more user friendly. Of course I would never get one over my Dodge...But that is just personal preff. Congrats on the new truck
beerchug.gif

2588848140076853611qYgCdJ_ph.jpg

Looks like the gate needs to be down to carry the Busa. But it looks like a fantastic ride! I always want brand-new, but if it saves your enough and they'll give you some type of warranty ... I'd say go for it!
Jinkster, have you determined if the busa will fit in the bed with the gate down or not?
Sax..that was of course a very important issue to me..as due to the fact that this family man not only wanted but NEEDED a true 4-Door Crew Cab?...then add the fact that I didn't want a crewcab that also had a "long bed" because the resultant ultra-long wheelbases of such vehicles sux..they are like driving a freaking schoolbus...turning radiuses are hideous...u-turns are no longer an option (even on mulitple lane highways) and general gett'in 'round town and parking becomes a mini-nightmare..which altogether is a huge P.I.T.A.

So...want cab room?..yet with and acceptable level of handling?...and a bed that can take a busa strapped headlong and straight up?...concessions had to be made...tailgate hasta remain in the down position...and here's the numbers...

The busa measures approx. 70"s fron the front of the front tire too center wheelbaseline of the rear wheel...and OAL of the busa is approx 84"s...

The Actual Titan Bed: with the tailgate down the entire bed/tailgate surface is 90"s long...the truck bed surface measures 67" then there's about a 2-3" jump/gap from the end of bed surface to beginning of tailgate surface which places the busas 70" centerline of the rear wheel almost exactly over the tailgates mounting/hinge-points..the strongest spot on the tailgate with right at zero leverage factor...so yes...the rear will be on the tailgate but...the very front hingepoint of it...I'm calling that good to go...and in actuality?..it's not tying the busa down to the tailgate that is the critical issue...the critical issue is just as with ALL pickup trucks with tailgates...as unless you have a reeeeal longbed where you can actually "REMOVE THE TAILGATE ALTOGETHER"?...max load on the tailgate occurs not when strapped down but when loading up..as folks will rest the end of their respective ramps right on the tailgates extreme end where MAX LEVERAGE is achieved and then they ride their 500LB + Rider busa up into their truckbed....with the very end of the tailgate taking the full leverage load of ALL..so if it's gonna break?..that's when it'll happen...loading up...on a tailgate..and I did exactly that with my old '03 Tundra dozens of times..with both my FZ1 and my Busa...not a problem...and I don't suspect it'll be a problem on the Titan either...and over the years?...I've seen literally 100's of bikes ramp loaded on tailgates....and never even so much as "Heard Of One Breaking Or Tweaking Out" let alone seen it happen...never..so again?..I'm calling it good-to-go....and tailgate down?..the crewcab titan will most definantly pack a busa.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Sax..that was of course a very important issue to me..as due to the fact that this family man not only wanted but NEEDED a true 4-Door Crew Cab?...then add the fact that I didn't want a crewcab that also had a "long bed" because the resultant ultra-long wheelbases of such vehicles sux..they are like driving a freaking schoolbus...turning radiuses are hideous...u-turns are no longer an option (even on mulitple lane highways) and general gett'in 'round town and parking becomes a mini-nightmare..which altogether is a huge P.I.T.A.

So...want cab room?..yet with and acceptable level of handling?...and a bed that can take a busa strapped headlong and straight up?...concessions had to be made...tailgate hasta remain in the down position...and here's the numbers...

The busa measures approx. 70"s fron the front of the front tire too center wheelbaseline of the rear wheel...and OAL of the busa is approx 84"s...

The Actual Titan Bed: with the tailgate down the entire bed/tailgate surface is 90"s long...the truck bed surface measures 67" then there's about a 2-3" jump/gap from the end of bed surface to beginning of tailgate surface which places the busas 70" centerline of the rear wheel almost exactly over the tailgates mounting/hinge-points..the strongest spot on the tailgate with right at zero leverage factor...so yes...the rear will be on the tailgate but...the very front hingepoint of it...I'm calling that good to go...and in actuality?..it's not tying the busa down to the tailgate that is the critical issue...the critical issue is just as with ALL pickup trucks with tailgates...as unless you have a reeeeal longbed where you can actually "REMOVE THE TAILGATE ALTOGETHER"?...max load on the tailgate occurs not when strapped down but when loading up..as folks will rest the end of their respective ramps right on the tailgates extreme end where MAX LEVERAGE is achieved and then they ride their 500LB + Rider busa up into their truckbed....with the very end of the tailgate taking the full leverage load of ALL..so if it's gonna break?..that's when it'll happen...loading up...on a tailgate..and I did exactly that with my old '03 Tundra dozens of times..with both my FZ1 and my Busa...not a problem...and I don't suspect it'll be a problem on the Titan either...and over the years?...I've seen literally 100's of bikes ramp loaded on tailgates....and never even so much as "Heard Of One Breaking Or Tweaking Out" let alone seen it happen...never..so again?..I'm calling it good-to-go....and tailgate down?..the crewcab titan will most definantly pack a busa.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Thanks. I'm pretty much set on getting the Titan crew cab so I appreciate the info!
smile.gif

Back