Possible "new to me" '05 titan (pix)

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
well...the wife and daughters are off on a youth group beach party and due home any minute..meanwhile?..big daddy went shopping pickups...specifrically?...a new nissan titan...went north to vero beach (where stickers are more reasonable than my area) and..to look at "NEW" '06 Titans...wanted certain things....leather and the rockford fosgate 350w stereo system and tow package but might not be able to crunch the numbers for "What I Want"...and new '06's equipped as such were stickered at $34K + high change...add TT&T and it gets up there...so sales dude asks as we're looking at new ones..."What color you want?"...me?...Silver...nice cool florida color annnd for bonus point might match my '03 silver/graphite busa...so tyhen it looks like a light bulb goes off in sales dudes head and tells me...hey...don't get offended but...would you be interested in a slightly used 'o5 for a considerable discount?...cause we just took a silver Titan LE in on trade for an armada and it's in great shape with just 15K on the odo....interested?...me: "Hey...if it crunches the numbers and saves me.....he cut me off there...he said he'd save me more than several thousand...I said...Lets see it...now I haven't commited yet...and it's currently just on loan till the wife and daughters get home for a drive back to the dealership to get their seal of approval but....

is it a match?....

cause it has waaaay more interior leg room than my old tundra access cab...

and all the goodies I wanted including full house tow package (complete w/ extendable power tow pkg mirrors and dual temp gages (one for the tranny temps) w a 5.6L that tows 9400lbs and tranny cooler with the 6CD Rockford Fosgate 9 speaker w/ woofer sound system annnnnd....Leatha!
biggrin.gif

Needs a detailing as it was "just traded in" but the oil was clean as was the rest of the vehicle save a couple micro-scratches that could be polished out here and there...so?...whaddaya'll think?...he'll do it for $29K and give me $2K more than my tundra trade value is set at to hit the numbers..and man...what an engine this truck has for a gasser..gotta be real gentle with the pedal.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|rubbersidedown
Reason for Edit: "annoying LARGE pictures"|1148935777 -->

biggrin.gif

sounds to me like you already bought it!

Tell him your intrested and come down what ever it takes to plate it!

hogger...

don't forget enough to swing this while your at it. No sense going half way!

hogger...

tc_vf.jpg

Looks like the gate needs to be down to carry the Busa. But it looks like a fantastic ride! I always want brand-new, but if it saves your enough and they'll give you some type of warranty ... I'd say go for it!

rub..I can't see a thing in the interior!

down.gif

hogger...
Jink is fairly good natured,so,I chose his thread to "butcher" in response to folks nonfavourable comments(in the past,reguarding over-sized pics),and also my own opinion towards huge pics that have to be scrolled left to right,and also up and down to view.

No offence to Bill. He was just today's "easy target".

Party on....

super.gif

just not with over-sized pics
umnik.gif
type.gif
poke.gif

I've got the SUV and have a buddy that has a Titan and he loves it! There is lots room on the inside and plenty of power. Only downside is when you have to fill up.If everything works out and the wife says yes then get that bad boy before it gets dark!
biggrin.gif

Price seems kinda high to me.
According to www.edmunds.com for zip code 34952 a new 2006 Nissan Titan LE 4-door with all leather, Rockford Fosgate which is standard in the LE model and the Tow package ($400 upgrade) lists for $33,955 (which include a $705 destination charge). Dealer invoice is $30,745 and according to Edmunds most people are paying $30,798.

Over the weekend Nissan was offering offering a $6000 rebate on new Titans or 3% intrest for 60 months(may be a local incentive). I'd definetly check Edmunds.com to find out what a new or used vehicle is really worth before taking the final plunge. Sometimes dealers aren't up front with all the rebates and discounts. They'd rather put them in thier pockets.
I'd love to have a Titan. They are sweet!

Standard features for LE model Titan

Mechanical Features

Engine  
5.6L displacement  double overhead cam (DOHC)  
V8 cylinder configuration  gas engine  
32 valves  305 hp @ 4900 rpm  
379 ft-lbs. @ 3600 rpm  regular unleaded fuel  
DriveTrain  
5-speed shiftable automatic transmission  rear wheel drive  
Suspension  
front independent suspension  front stabilizer bar  
double wishbone front suspension  solid live axle rear suspension  
Instrumentation  
tachometer  clock  
external temperature display  low fuel level warning  
compass  
Towing and Hauling  
trailer wiring  cargo tie downs  

Exterior Features

Tires and Rims  
alloy wheels  18 x 8.0 in. wheels  
P265/70R18 tires  fullsize matching spare tire  
alloy spare wheel  underbody mounted spare tire  
Roof and Glass  
variable intermittent wipers  privacy glass  
rear defogger  
Exterior Features  
chrome grille  skid plates  
Truck Features  
side-impact door beam  chrome finish bumpers  

Safety Features and Ratings

Safety  
ventilated front disc / solid rear disc brakes  4-wheel ABS  
traction control  passenger airbag occupant sensing deactivation  
front seatbelt pretensioners  rear door child safety locks  
child seat anchors  rear center 3-point belt  
2 front headrests  3 rear headrests  
remote anti-theft alarm system  engine immobilizer  
dusk sensing headlamps  tire pressure monitoring  
auto delay off headlamps  front fog/driving lights  
driver head restraint whiplash protection system  passenger head restraint whiplash protection system  
turn signal mirrors  rear parking sensors  
height adjustable headrests  height adjustable headrests  
electronic brakeforce distribution  

Comfort and Convenience Features

Front Seats  
5 person total seating capacity  captains chairs front seats  
leather upholstery  8-way power driver seat  
height adjustable driver seat  driver seat with manual adjustable lumbar support  
heated driver seat  6-way power passenger seat  
height adjustable passenger seat  heated passenger seat  
Rear Seats  
40-60 split bench rear seat  split-folding rear seatback  
rear ventilation ducts  
Power Features  
remote power door locks  power windows  
2 one-touch power windows  power mirrors  
heated mirrors  exterior automatic dimming electrochromatic mirrors  
power retractable mirrors  
Convenience  
cruise control  speed-proportional power steering  
tilt-adjustable steering wheel  audio and cruise controls on steering wheel  
height adjustable pedals  front and rear cupholders  
front and rear door pockets  front seatback storage  
12V front, 12V rear and 12V cargo area power outlet(s)  front console with storage  
overhead console with storage  remote window operation  
universal remote transmitter (for garage door, security system, etc.)  retained accessory power  
Comfort  
dual zone climate controls - driver and passenger  electrochromatic inside rearview mirror  
front and rear reading lights  dual illuminating vanity mirrors  
leather-wrapped steering wheel  leather trim on shift knob  
cargo area light  
Memorized settings  
memorized settings includes driver seat  memorized settings includes exterior mirrors  

Entertainment and Telematics

In Car Entertainment  
Rockford Fosgate premium brand stereo system  AM/FM in-dash 6 CD player with CD MP3 Playback stereo  
350 watts stereo output  10 total speakers  
Rockford Fosgate premium brand speakers  mast antenna  
rear volume controls  Audio/Video Input

done deal...oversize pic and all...

TITAN4.jpg

so you can read the numbers...btw...KBB trade-in value on my tundra was $14K...I got $16,500..and the titan le for $26,366...and please don't chop this one rub as they'll never see the numbers..btw..Rub?...please quit fugging up my pic threads and either buy a larger monitor or learn to use the proper resolution on the one you have. LOL!
tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Congrats, Bill!
smile.gif

I've been contemplating a Titan for some time now. Your info has helped a lot!

Lemme know what kinda mileage you're seeing outta it!

<!--EDIT|omslaw
Reason for Edit: "can't spell"|1148956977 -->

Back