Polished BDE Gen3 (Titanimun/CF)

soon2be

Donating Member
Registered
Question for those of you that have the glow polish. What type of maintenance is needed to keep the shine? I had an aluminum RS3 on a previous bike. It didn't take long to cloud. On my TL, I just went with straight titanium cans. If they require a whole lot of polishing, I may have to pass. Are stainless steel cans (i.e. Yosh, Muzzys) easy to keep gleaming?

Ive got the stainless yoshi, I think Ive only polished back up two maybe three times in a 1 1/2. Usally just wash and ride

Question for those of you that have the glow polish. What type of maintenance is needed to keep the shine? I had an aluminum RS3 on a previous bike. It didn't take long to cloud. On my TL, I just went with straight titanium cans. If they require a whole lot of polishing, I may have to pass. Are stainless steel cans (i.e. Yosh, Muzzys) easy to keep gleaming?
I had a Glow Job on my Ti BDE/Hindle can and it looked as good the day I sold it as the day it arrived new. I only ever had to polish the exhaust tip to remove a little discoloration on it. The can was simply washed with car wash soap and dried off. Here's a pic of it the day I sold it...

IMG_0352.jpg

As you can see in the pic, the stainless mid pipe turned a goldish bronze color from heat, like stainless exhausts always do, but the titanium can kept it's mirror finish and never discolored.

I have the polished Carbon look other than damp cloth, I do nothing else to it. My bike is garaged just about always and I do not ride in the rain either. It looks just as good now as the day I bought it.

I had the stainless Yosh bolt-ons and now I have the chrome Micron. Very easy to keep clean.

Good to know. I just purchased the polished BDE this winter. So far, I love the looks of it. I never envisioned a problem with discoloring since I usually wash the bike right after a ride and it sits in the garage until the next ride.

i got mine used...the can isnt too shiny but im not a flashy person and i kinda like the look of the gold mid pipes. It shines right up though but after a 300mi drive last week its back dirty

Back