please be gentle...

I am new here but I thought I'd tell you what I know. Last year the tree's were on .400 lights(usually considered Pro Tree) or .500 light(typically anything else). This year NHRA (National Hot Rod Assoc.) switched over to .000 as a perfect light. The tracks that are IHRA (International Hot Rod Assoc.) sanctioned as far as I know are still using the old .400 and .500 tree's. There are still some NHRA tracks using the old system. I hope I have been of some help. I am new here and I used to ride a TL1000R that I totaled and I'm looking for a "Mighty Busa" right now. Thanks

This year NHRA (National Hot Rod Assoc.) switched over to .000 as a perfect light.  
i think that probably clears it up... bristol dragway has several national events I think.. spring, and fall nationals and the like... and there are NHRA banners/stickers/signs everywhere.. so tada! haha question answered.

Here are a couple of tips that I've learned when I first started drag racing; (hopefully, you're not repeating the same mistakes)

Make sure that after you launch, you're actually 'flooring' it the entire way. Discovered later what I thought was full throttle was, like, 3/4. So hit the throttle until it stops. Like another guy said in another post, have the back of the hand facing the mirror when you stage so you know for damn sure that you're going to get the most out of it.

Make sure you're foot is not resting on the rear brake, you'll be 'braking' down the 1/4 mile. I discoved this after wondering why my rear rotor was hot when i usually never use the back brake.

Don't pull in the clutch, shift, and let the clutch out. Instead, PUSH UP (or down, I switched mine to MotoGP shifting - 1 up, 5 down) on the shifter, then use the clutch and let off the gas a little bit for fraction of a second.

I lean way the hell forward in first gear, then immediately tuck in as I go into 2nd.

Clutchless shift into 3rd and/or 4th gears.

Hope this helps, my best is 10.2, but it was @ 144 mph. Got HMF, pcIII and filter. Need to work on my 60 foot 1.81, but you can see that the mph is there.

Back