Please help ! My 07 Gen 2 gear lever stuck in 6th gear.

Grayd

Registered
Hello I'm very new to this platform so please be gentle (first time posting) only joking all banter accepted . I'm not even sure I'm posting in the right place so please bare with me until I find my feet.
Anyways my baby was just being dropped into 6th when a werrring noise appeared and 6th gear drive was lost ! At first I could shift up down until I tried back into 6th on my way home and now my gear lever is solid no movement between gearing. I'm in the process of stripping her down to split the cases for access to the transmission but just thought I'd ask you guys & gals for any opinions whilst I'm on my way with it. Can't find anything simular in the historical threads. I'm currently 3 bolts from engine out and so I just thought I'd ask just incase.All advice greatly appreciated .
Thanks in advance
Gray

20240308_170718.jpg

20240308_170729.jpg

Welcome and sad to hear of this...

Sounds like a bent shifter fork to me which tells me you are on the money by stripping it down...

I'd guess you can't get the shift lever to move by moving the bike back and forth?

To assume this-- is not a logical process of elimination diagnosis.
Start at the gearshift shaft/mechanism checking for correct operation, and if OK then work inwards to the gearbox selector forks, cogs etc.
Correct, but mot of the time you cannot remove the shifter cover without un bolting the motor and sliding it to the right.
One bolt in the cover you cannot get at

He could be referring to the build date or registration.

I have a bike Built, Sold, Registered and used in 2007, but there was no 2007 model, it’s still a K8.

I do agree, that’s a K8 “model” not a K7.
Thank you for the clarification guys ✊

@Grayd . . . Here's proof that the gear shift forks can be removed WITHOUT splitting crankcases . . even with motor still bolted into the frame! (if you don't mind fiddling around with it upside down, but you could just lay the bike on it's side I guess . . .

Thankyou for the info I will post my findings ✊

Back