Pics of the Harbor Freight Stand/Chock

casualdreamer

Registered
Here are some pics of the stand installed inside my truck an hour ago, and the bike in the stand, and the strap set up that I am thinking about running...

Question: Would there be a problem with strapping the bike down wrapping through the swing arm. I don't want to put in compression on either spring (Front or Rear). The set-up that is shown works ok. There is alittle movement not alot but it wobbles a bit. What is the acceptablle wobble without compressing the forks all the way down. This one the rear shock in pressed on.

DSC01207.jpg
DSC01208.jpg
DSC01209.jpg

id try to get ur bar straps pulling the bike forward into the chock and not pulling it back... just my .02...

Fix that, your straps are trying to pull the bike out of the chock. Take the straps from the passenger pegs to the front tie downs in your bed. That should be all you need.
beerchug.gif

I was thinking that. How durable are the front springs. I really hate ratcheting down like I have been don't want to blow the seals but is it really that rought on it ratcheting that way...

Fix that, your straps are trying to pull the bike out of the chock. Take the straps from the passenger pegs to the front tie downs in your bed. That should be all you need.  
beerchug.gif
+1...you want them to pull the bike into the chock...glad you found something that would work for you
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

That works good actually. I ratchet to tight and the wheel chock began to actually squish the tire. I loosened it up and tighted it to right before it began that. It actually works really well. Thank you.. Now I can stop spending money on fairings... Here are the final pics. Thanks guys...
bowdown.gif

DSC01213.jpg
DSC01214.jpg
View attachment 1312372

I have to leave the office, is the bike solid now? I dont want to read about about an accident. Be careful bro!

Your bike should feel much more secure now. You do want the straps pulling forward, down and out from the bike like you have them in the last picture. I would recommend that you get some short 12" straps that have a loop on both ends from the motorcycle shop, and use them on your rear pegs, then attach your ratchet straps to those. With the loops, you won't scrath up the bike with the metal ends. Even though the ends are covered they will leave marks on your pegs. Also with the loops, your straps won't come off if you hit a big bump. On the front chock, you want to make sure the tire can't move around and get your rotor up against the chock as one of the other posts mentioned. You can squeeze foam rubber between the tire and chock to help protect it from this. Here is a shot of my set up that may help you. It's hard to see the short loops, but maybe you can get the idea.

tlr1.jpg

In this picture you can see one of the short loops on the floor in front of the bike.

tlr3.jpg

Do you get any movement out of the Harbor Freight wheel chocks after you pulled the bike forward

Will probably go with these for our trailer.....waiting....H.F has sidewalk sale on 6th-8th and I'm hoping its on sale !!

Back