Harbor Freight Wheel Chock Review

I have one of those fine Made in China luxury items. I would have given you mine if you stop by. I hate that frickin thing. It takes two people to get the bike out because the steel plate just slide across the floor when you try to dismount it. I used mine in my trailer and had a ***** of a time with the front tire sticking in the forward cradle. I began packing a bar to pry the tire loose. And the stinkin thing must weigh 50+ pounds. I'll have a couple baxleys for spring.

They will work okay if you intend to bolt the thing down. But I'm done with mine! :moon:

I have one of those fine Made in China luxury items. I would have given you mine if you stop by. I hate that frickin thing. It takes two people to get the bike out because the steel plate just slide across the floor when you try to dismount it. I used mine in my trailer and had a ***** of a time with the front tire sticking in the forward cradle. I began packing a bar to pry the tire loose. And the stinkin thing must weigh 50+ pounds. I'll have a couple baxleys for spring.

They will work okay if you intend to bolt the thing down. But I'm done with mine! :moon:

Did okay for me in the grass? But yes it will be bolted down in the trailer so I will have no problems there :thumbsup:

The only thing I would do to it would be put some better (or a little heavier duty) cotter pin clips in the side where the pins go thru, They are kinda weak and I did have a problem with mine falling out a couple times, But it might have been cause I had alot off stuff piled in the back of the truck and just knock them out, Either way I like the heavier duty ones better.:thumbsup:

The only thing I would do to it would be put some better (or a little heavier duty) cotter pin clips in the side where the pins go thru, They are kinda weak and I did have a problem with mine falling out a couple times, But it might have been cause I had alot off stuff piled in the back of the truck and just knock them out, Either way I like the heavier duty ones better.:thumbsup:

I might just weld mine in place... Havent decided that for sure yet. Need to weld the rear stabilizers to the trailer anyway...

Love my Baxley Front wheel chock, came pre-assembled. Biggggg Selling point with me.

Got it at the dealer for about 150.

chock.jpg

I had the other HF wheel chock, the cheaper one, and it worked great to hold my 929rr I had, then my 95 Heritage Softail from monterey, ca to seattle wa it worked great.. and now the Busa. Then alas, slip of the hand and my quad decided to try n launch itself over it and phewww. almost into back of my car but luckily not!..my bad.. Well, the chock didnt hold up to the quad running it over.. bent the u shaped nose piece to where it broke off and tweaked the base of it.. time for a new one.. and only used it on my trailer. I bought the bike stands from HF.. pretty hard to get the Busa up alone.. not the best quality either..lighter bikes probably work fine.. Busa I would advise against or add some mods to them to strengthen them. :whistle:

I ment to ask as well.. Your pic shows the rear hump on with the grab bar one.. did you have to modify (notch) the hump at all? I wanted to do my 06 like this but I would have to notch it for it to work.. also going to do the mods to use hump as storage soon too.. :thumbsup:

I went with the condor cause it was before I knew they made a cheaper version of the baxley. I watched a video on the condor and it said that it's better to put it up against a wall in order to not get any slide. Maybe the same for these.

I ment to ask as well.. Your pic shows the rear hump on with the grab bar one.. did you have to modify (notch) the hump at all? I wanted to do my 06 like this but I would have to notch it for it to work.. also going to do the mods to use hump as storage soon too.. :thumbsup:

Yes, the hump must be notched to accomodate the grab bar. It requires a little more work on the Gen2, but there are a couple of write-ups here about doing it.

I own 4. 2 in the trailer and 2 in the garage. Coin wise they are not bad for Chinese made and US sold. I haven't had a issue yet with any of them.

I have this one.
Motorcycle Stand/Wheel Chock
Works fine for the Busa, which has a fat front tire. Does not work very well for my wife's Sportster which has a skinny front tire. Too bad because i bought it for the Sporty so it would take up less room in the garage. Might make it work with some wood strips attached to then sides of the front u-shaped rocker thing to hold the tire tighter. With that said, I would NOT use this thing in a truck or trailer without tying down the bike with straps. It has tie down bolts on it and should work nicely. Plenty strong and your straps won't loosen even if the bike shifts in the bed a little bit.

PS. The Condor is much nicer and I would get that if I were always moving bikes to the track like some .oRg members here. But this one is fine for occasional use.

Back