!Phucking Idiots!

Tango1300

Registered
I'm going to rant here a little bit... come on and flame me if you will.

Last night, another Spring area Sportbike rider died. If you get upset easily, stop reading here. I'm going into detail. I'm giving you this info straight from the officers and eye witnesses who SAW what happened.

Three riders had broke away from the pack on 290 heading North. Eyewitnesses were calling HPD and giving accounts of stunting on the freeway. Riders holding up traffic so as to clear the highway for open stunting. The HPD officers where watching from the exit ramps as riders went by and gave chase to a few bikes. Three bike broke away at speeds over 120 mph, some clocking over 150! Sounds fun eh? I do it too... so I am not immune from my own criticism.

It was all good til one rider made the mistake and hit the back of a 18-wheeler trailer. He hit the tail-rack of the trailer, stopping his bike instantly and throwing his body through the rack. His torso went through... but his hips got caught. In full gear, his upper torso, head and limbs all were dragged before the truck could stop. Pronounced dead at the scene.

The two friends that were following also got stopped and had their bikes towed home. Two more riders fleeing from HPD and then County officers lost control of their bikes while fleeing. They both crashed. One rider tried hiding in the bushes til the K9 unit was on the scene. It was a good thing he had gear on as the K9's teeth sunk in.

Another was stopped, not without trying to flee on a CBR600RR. Obviously a "NEWBIE" cause he slowed to stop at each corner he turned. It was soon to come he got stopped but the officer gave him a break for fleeing and just towed his bike with tickets. So this noob is standing there, calling a friend to come ride him "bitch"... his friend shows up to the scene where the cops are with a Busa and NO tags or Driver's License!! The officer gives him tickets and lets them both go.

All this **** could be handled a different way. Even while the cops were busy writing tickets and taking care of the accident, there were phone calls coming in to the police as the pack of bike reassembled in another parking lot and continued to stunt. Of course the cops show up and give chase to two other bikes who eventually got caught, but not without wrecking their ****.

So... if you are going to run, be sure you know how to ride and where you are going to flee. Otherwise, they are going to get you and tow your ****. The ticket is always cheaper than fixing your bike after it goes to impound and it gets stripped there... or the bail from jail!

Sorry to rant but after five, count them... 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 deaths since SATURDAY, there is a better way to ride and have fun!!

Thanks for reading... I am stepping off my box now.

Wanna comment...? Go for it. Wanna talk to me? Call me up.

David
281-351-0075 wk
832-818-6931 cell
-----

Sad. Someone might even turn up a lawsuit do to chasing till they crashed/died. They ran they F'd up and the one that died did it to himself. Prays for his family.

Serves em right stupid punks.  Running from them cops just is not worth it. If I do the crime and get caught I am a MAN I take my punishment and then go lick my the wounds I just made on the old wallet.  Not to mention the one that the wife is going to give me
sad.gif

Too bad someone had to die over this. There are good places and bad places to stunt....290 is a bad place.

Hey Dave, I don't view any of what you said as being wrong. Your assessment of the situation was "right-on!" in my book. I've only run from the cops once and I realize it's not worth it. And I am quite proud to say that I haven't received one ticket on the Busa since I purchased it in '02. I've ridden in Houston on several occassions, but I have always held my own. There is always a donkey or two in every biker crowd.

I don't condone running, but I can't say I'm an angel either. Unfortunately most guys think running is an "easy out". You are taking your life (and other's) into your hands.

You have to ask yourself: Is it worth it? And at what point do you throw in the towel and take your punishment?

This is sad for many reasons. These guys made a poor choice and now their families are without a son/father/brother etc. The police see it as one more reason to crack down on the rest of us.

Nobody wins in the end.

RIP

Darwin at work. Track Days are WAY CHEAPER than the cost of a life. Too bad idiot "Stunters" are who many unwed mothers are reproducing with

Well said, all. When you run (especially if you have no clue how to ride your bike at its limits) you risk your life and the lives of others, inclusing the police officers who are DOING THEIR JOBS trying to stop you.

it just isn't worth it. If you're breaking the law, and the police light you up, be a man and take your medicine - the alternatives could be a LOT worse.

i agree i just pull over not worth it. i have now been pulled over 6 times on the busa  
wow.gif
 oh and no tickets  
firedevil.gif

yeah we had 4 deaths here in the DC area this weekend in a similar fashion. i dont know its one of those things when you cross the line from child to parent and or from hip to hypocrite. most of us have run and been successful it is what it is nad its part of ridin to some extent...were we lucky or skilled? a chick died on a busa here this weekend and there are so many accounts of it no one knows what happened...cops say she was doin a buck sixty hit a curb and flew into a wall....riders say she was pullin over the cop thought she was fleeing and tapped her back wheel which caused her to lose contol. stuntin, ridin hard, fleeing, its all fun till some1 goes down.
was i ona box idont know i may have been standin on my seat but either way im done

Dang...baltimore isn't any better...I just went ot change tires for my busa, and I just found 5 death on last weekend alone...including 1 girl on busa...
Well, she pulled over and when officer get out of his squad car? she crank up the busa and take off...by the time officers start chasing the busa, officer said, she went in to the corners bout 90 mph, and hit the guard rail and flew over the rail and dead instantly...and 4 more on top of that...I was shocked...
SHOCKED.gif

(hydrabusa @ Apr. 26 2007,18:16) Dang...baltimore isn't any better...I just went ot change tires for my busa, and I just found 5 death on last weekend alone...including 1 girl on busa...
Well, she pulled over and when officer get out of his squad car? she crank up the busa and take off...by the time officers start chasing the busa, officer said, she went in to the corners bout 90 mph, and hit the guard rail and flew over the rail and dead instantly...and 4 more on top of that...I was shocked...
SHOCKED.gif
The reports I have heard from my Riden friends in DC are that the cop hit her. No one is saying anything from the Police side... Nor will they release the video from the car to show it wasn't the cop that killed her.

Back