Perforated leathers-need suggestions

(Juggler @ Nov. 26 2006,12:07) You don't have to bake in leathers, even if it's 90+ out. I use the Under Armor skins that do a fantastic job of keeping me cool, even with high temps/high humidity. They also make getting the leathers on/off much easier.

I've got a Frank Thomas one-piece that is perforated in the front chest and back, and have had no complaints. The fit isn't perfect, but for $300, I can live with it.

Good luck in your quest for leather-dom.
So what's the story on the Frank Thomas? I never heard of them until 2 days ago, now they're all over the board!
rock.gif

$300 for a full one piece leathers? That's unheard-of!

Are they inexpensive, or cheap?!?
rock.gif

rock.gif

I have looked at Cycle Gear. Looks nice and I love the boots.

Waiting on feed back from another member who has some in the back of a UPS truck.

runeight...

Another inexpensive set of leathers is made by AGV Sport. I believe all seams are double stitched with triple stitching in critical areas.

One of the good things about cycle gear and dainese, if you don't like the leather or have any sort of problem they will replace or refund, no questions ask.

(Tufbusa @ Nov. 26 2006,16:53) One of the good things about cycle gear and dainese, if you don't like the leather or have any sort of problem they will replace or refund, no questions ask.
Called both stores in Vegas. Don't have what I want.

I hate to order online. Wish to try all of it on before dropping the cash.

runeight...

(Shibumi @ Nov. 26 2006,12:18)
(Juggler @ Nov. 26 2006,12:07) You don't have to bake in leathers, even if it's 90+ out.  I use the Under Armor skins that do a fantastic job of keeping me cool, even with high temps/high humidity.   They also make getting the leathers on/off much easier.

I've got a Frank Thomas one-piece that is perforated in the front chest and back, and have had no complaints.  The fit isn't perfect, but for $300, I can live with it.

Good luck in your quest for leather-dom.
So what's the story on the Frank Thomas? I never heard of them until 2 days ago, now they're all over the board!  
rock.gif

$300 for a full one piece leathers? That's unheard-of!

Are they inexpensive, or cheap?!?  
rock.gif
I would say they're pretty good for $300 (it was end-of-year model discount). Honestly, it's my first set of leathers, so I'm not sure.

Obviously not as much protection as say a Dainese or Alpinestars, but it's put together pretty well. The mesh liner doesn't pull out for cleaning, so I'm not really sure how to clean the inside and out.

Other than just above my armpits and below my shoulders the fit isn't as good as I would like, but I can live with it. Not sure what your body type is, but if you can wear stuff off the rack, you should be OK.

I will probably look at getting either a custom suit or a name brand suit as I plan on doing a few track days in 2007.

Ping me if you have specific questions, and I can take pics if you're interested.

rock.gif

I got a 2 piece Dianese suit from Cycle Gear in Mesa. After tax, it was $740. But... they were on sale and the sizes were very limited. However, the Phoenix store is much larger so they may still have a selection on the sizes.

what size are you?
I have a perforated vanson jacket size 46 for sale with gp armor shoulders and elbows/forearms

(atticdog @ Nov. 27 2006,21:39) what size are you?
I have a perforated vanson jacket size 46 for sale  with gp armor shoulders and elbows/forearms
me?

If so I have a Vanson.

Thx.

runeight...

I have the Frank Thomas pants you show in the picture. Nice fit and very comfortable.

It is better to spend $100 on a jacket than to spend $10,000 on a skin graft.

(atticdog @ Nov. 27 2006,22:39) what size are you?
I have a perforated vanson jacket size 46 for sale with gp armor shoulders and elbows/forearms
I'm a 40. Thanks for posting up...

(runeight @ Nov. 26 2006,16:04)
(Tufbusa @ Nov. 26 2006,16:53) One of the good things about cycle gear and dainese, if you don't like the leather or have any sort of problem they will replace or refund, no questions ask.
Called both stores in Vegas. Don't have what I want.

I hate to order online. Wish to try all of it on before dropping the cash.

runeight...
You don't have to buy to get stuff in to try on. Cycle Gear will get whatever you want shipped over from another store and you can try it on before ever buying. I've done that a couple of times.

Cycle Gear is really good about making sure you are happy with your Dainese Leathers. Even after you buy, if you aren't happy just take them back for a refund.

Great Place to do business.

Back