Passenger comfort on 08 Busa

Dr. E made it him self. He pass the knowledge to me but I haven started to build mine as yet. I am doing it for my kids beccause they loves the bike just like me.. Safty first when it comes to passangers. :beerchug:

Dr. E made it him self. He pass the knowledge to me but I haven started to build mine as yet. I am doing it for my kids beccause they loves the bike just like me.. Safty first when it comes to passangers. :beerchug:

Email me when u do it, I will pay you to do mine, just let me know how much. I need something strong so I dont worry of my gal falling off. She is 5ft and about 100 pounds but still, she is scared of bikes so I dont want to make here never get on one again. Let me know.

Same here and no one uses the grab rail, well maybe on occasion their butt grabs hold as they slide back. :laugh:

But then again; I've never had a dude behind me :whistle:

Ha, ha :rofl: My thoughts exactly... My Busa built for my comfort, not the passengers.. I tell my wife to ride her own bike because my new Tobin seat doesn't fit right.. :whistle:

PICTURES OF THE BLUE AND WHITE BUSA

Email me when u do it, I will pay you to do mine, just let me know how much. I need something strong so I dont worry of my gal falling off. She is 5ft and about 100 pounds but still, she is scared of bikes so I dont want to make here never get on one again. Let me know.

pm send

The backrest is a custom made unit. I built it and Tobin covered it for me when I did my front and back seat. I have used it now for over a season and with the wife on it, it has been a blessing...total comfort for her and Tobin made it so comfortable. Also, sorry for the delay in responding. There are so many threads on here you can get lost on what you have responded to and not.

PM if you have questions I will try to answer them.

DSC00656 (Small).JPG

DSC00655 (Small).JPG

DSC00664 (Small).JPG

DSC00665 (Small).JPG

DSC00701 (Small).JPG

Joker is correct, I sent him rough schematics on how the seat is constructed and we have been working through dry fitting a working model prior to purchasing the materials and fabing up the seat. I have had a lot of offers to make these for people...to be honest I have a company set up, but this my first job kills me on time. Secondly, I really enjoy when I can find something that someone offers up and does not want to charge for...I just love bikes and based on the overwhelming response I will be glad to put a thread together on how to do this seat mod.

I will put up the drawings, instructions and helpful hints if there really is enough interest. Maybe we could do a working thread for those that want to try this mod???

As for the strength on this unit...I have load tested this with a several hundred pounds of lateral force...it does not move, it does not bend. On a hard launch with my wife on the back (5'4" and 110 lbs, she was able to lean all the way against the seat and remain comfortable, stable and safe. Long haul comfort is great as the Tobin foam and the angle that I set it at allows her to sit back and relaxed.

Yes, no, maybe...your thoughts...

I will say this JOKER has been wonderful to talk to as we have worked on a number of issues with this and I am looking forward to hearing how his version of my seat works.

Joker is correct, I sent him rough schematics on how the seat is constructed and we have been working through dry fitting a working model prior to purchasing the materials and fabing up the seat. I have had a lot of offers to make these for people...to be honest I have a company set up, but this my first job kills me on time. Secondly, I really enjoy when I can find something that someone offers up and does not want to charge for...I just love bikes and based on the overwhelming response I will be glad to put a thread together on how to do this seat mod.

I will put up the drawings, instructions and helpful hints if there really is enough interest. Maybe we could do a working thread for those that want to try this mod???

As for the strength on this unit...I have load tested this with a several hundred pounds of lateral force...it does not move, it does not bend. On a hard launch with my wife on the back (5'4" and 110 lbs, she was able to lean all the way against the seat and remain comfortable, stable and safe. Long haul comfort is great as the Tobin foam and the angle that I set it at allows her to sit back and relaxed.

Yes, no, maybe...your thoughts...

I will say this JOKER has been wonderful to talk to as we have worked on a number of issues with this and I am looking forward to hearing how his version of my seat works.

DR.E, hi , can you please put my email on your list. Got my hot mistress she also is 5-3 and 110 lbs. that loves to ride but hates the rear seat. Got the 08 orange Busa and she loves your rear seat setup. Just let me know and i will sent you both stock seats and rear black grab rail. or I can sent both seat to TOBIN but he will need the custom brace for the back rest. let me know . ghcampuzano@bellsouth.net just let me know how much and I will sent the money order with the seats and rear grab bar. thanks. I am dead serious.
Your bike ROCKS :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Last edited:
Your bike is gorgeous, Dr E...the back rest set up looks first rate also, very nice job...looks like you could have a money maker on your hands..:thumbsup:

dmrowe, I took a passenger because he is a friend, staying over with my son, who is an eager biker without two wheels at present. What should I have done, just driven off without offering him a ride, instead of sharing the experience with him?

dmrowe, I took a passenger because he is a friend, staying over with my son, who is an eager biker without two wheels at present. What should I have done, just driven off without offering him a ride, instead of sharing the experience with him?

No, that is your choice but that's why I keep the hump on all the time and I don't offer rides on the 'Busa no matter what she looks like. :whistle:

Back