Passenger comfort on 08 Busa

busa-bliss

Registered
Yesterday morning, I settled down to watch the Formula One championship on TV, and the race was cancelled at half distance because of rain, so i thought I would take the 'Busa for a run. My son's friend, a keen biker, had stayed over with my son, who was in the deep sleep of the morning after too much beer.

So, I offered him a pillion seat, as he is without 2 wheels at present, and he eagerly said yes. When we got back, he said it was the most difficult bike to hold onto because the rear grab rail was so poorly positioned. He ended up holding me every time I accelerated hard or decelerated. He is not inexperienced, and has a bother-in-law with a Blackbird, which he has travelled on plenty of times.

Any comments?

h_1.jpg

I bought a buddy belt from Dennis Kirk, but the GF perfers I just wear a backpack when we ride the 08. That's enough to hold on the shoulder straps she says. Of course she would rather ride the 06 with corbin and backrest instead of the 08. :whistle:

My girl uses the front of the gas tank for support, and me when we start to get moving. The grab rail isnt the best. I asked her if she has used it. She only uses it to help her get on the bike.

IMO a grab bar like the BUSA's is useless on just about any bike. Half of the ladies only grab it when climbing on and you really don't have any strength to hold on (behind you) while riding. I always tell people to grab my waist line...

Besides you shouldn't be flying with passengers anyway so it shouldn't be difficult for them to hold on... :laugh:

^ Got-Busa has a point its really hard to do much with your hands behind your body. I personally wouldn't use them to try and hold on. Best bet is hold on to the rider or something like Mr Bogus posted.

My girl uses the front of the gas tank for support, and me when we start to get moving. The grab rail isnt the best. I asked her if she has used it. She only uses it to help her get on the bike.

Same here and no one uses the grab rail, well maybe on occasion their butt grabs hold as they slide back. :laugh:

But then again; I've never had a dude behind me :whistle:

My wife only holds onto the rear bar when we're going downhill because she's afraid to put her entire weight against my back (go figure.) or when she needs to rest her shoulders. Obviously, this doesn't happen after certain speeds. Works fine for city traffic though.

My wife said she didn't use the grab bar until I didn't put it on once. Now she suddenly needs the bar. :whistle:

Same here and no one uses the grab rail, well maybe on occasion their butt grabs hold as they slide back. :laugh:

But then again; I've never had a dude behind me :whistle:
Yea me neither, always had my rider hold on to me. 4 balls and two wheels don't fly.
Reminds me of Wild Hogs, Were you smelling my neck.:laugh:

Last edited:
My wife complains about the comfort, but still wants to ride. Won't let me buy a Corbin, though. Says it's too expensive. I think a solid backrest and a little more padding at the front of her seat would help. Every time I touch the brakes she slides forward into me

I have to ask the question, with a motorcycle like the 'Busa (regardless of year) why would you want to carry a passenger? The seating arrangement for the passenger is inherently unstable and uncomfortable. You want to carry passengers get a cruiser or a touring bike.

My girlfriend was the same way until i got my Tobin seat. Now she loves it. She said that she feels safer with the cut out in the seat now. For me i just want her to enjoy it.

DSC_0014RS.jpg

Back