Flashing the 08 computer

Fastmax32168

Registered
I was under the impression that the 08 computer was not yet broken. I talked to a local tuner who said he would flash the computer so I didnt need any piggyback stuff for a tune. When I said I thought it hadnt been broken yet he looked at me like I was nuts. He said he had tuned several of the new Busas and didnt have any issues. I got the impression he was just using whatever he was using before to tune the new ones. He did say he couldnt mess with timing table but adjusting the AFR was no problem. So what do I not understand here that I should?
Roy

Depending on the tuner, flashing the ECU means very different things.

My guess is he's talking about the Yosh box or something that does change variables but isn't a great tune. It's a lousy band aid that doesn't really accomplish what you need in a full custome tune... Fuel Adjuster Box

The flash that most are talking about is the ability to change ALL aspects of the factory ECU. This you can do with a private computer at home. Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa Gen II - ECU hacking

I was under the impression that the 08 computer was not yet broken. I talked to a local tuner who said he would flash the computer so I didnt need any piggyback stuff for a tune. When I said I thought it hadnt been broken yet he looked at me like I was nuts. He said he had tuned several of the new Busas and didnt have any issues. I got the impression he was just using whatever he was using before to tune the new ones. He did say he couldnt mess with timing table but adjusting the AFR was no problem. So what do I not understand here that I should?
Roy

This is a great question that needs to be addressed clearly,

I have been searching for an answer and well came short b/c I haven't dropped the cash yet for my exhaust. So my hunt stopped for now. I am almost ready to just buy the PC from Brocks with the street map in it.

I am sure they are limited in what they can change and or adjust as opposed to a PC3 or a Bazzaz

I am not sure what Johnny @ Exoticycle is doing, but he has an 08 where he has broken the rev limiter, can adjust timing and fuel. But he doesn't have a PC or Bazzaz. Just some yellow hand held deal.

Back