Pacific Northwest

Right!? Some sweet builds on IG for these. Seems like a lot of work for not so much. But I suppose that the fun is in the build.

One of my earliest moto memories was of a red Guzzi Le Mans (I think). Mom had taken me to "Flint Indian Sales" (those nasty little foreign Indians at the time). I was maybe 12 or 13. I had saved up enough for my first pair of Scott goggles. The place was closing and mom distracted the clerk for a few minutes so I could surf the small show room that was packed handlebar to handlebar with new bikes. In the corner was something I had only read about. A true euro sport bike with low bars. That red Guzzi was the coolest thing I had ever seen.

Right!? Some sweet builds on IG for these. Seems like a lot of work for not so much. But I suppose that the fun is in the build.

One of my earliest moto memories was of a red Guzzi Le Mans (I think). Mom had taken me to "Flint Indian Sales" (those nasty little foreign Indians at the time). I was maybe 12 or 13. I had saved up enough for my first pair of Scott goggles. The place was closing and mom distracted the clerk for a few minutes so I could surf the small show room that was packed handlebar to handlebar with new bikes. In the corner was something I had only read about. A true euro sport bike with low bars. That red Guzzi was the coolest thing I had ever seen.
I was real close to bringing a lightly used beautiful red Le Mans back to Canada from Cyprus in the late '80s...at the time there were far too many hoops to jump through to get it back so I left it there...

Cyprus sounds exotic. It must have been a unique experience.

Where are you in Ontario? I grew up in Michigan. Dad and I rode through Toronto and Montreal one summer. Awesome.

In hindsight, why is it that the last time you do something epic, we seldom realize at the time that it will be the last time?

Last edited:
Had a post Thanksgiving lunch with my 80 year old aunt and my kid brother. (I’m pretty sure that I’m 22% cooler sitting on this bike.) Anyway, Aunt Babs says “Hi” and “Be careful.” And if you’re ever in Hillsboro, OR please stop by.

D9765264-0594-441E-B1B0-06362AF3C27E-M.jpg

Cyprus sounds exotic. It must have been a unique experience.

Where are you in Ontario? I grew up in Michigan. Dad and I rode through Toronto and Montreal one summer. Awesome.

In hindsight, why is it that the last time you do something epic, we seldom realize at the time that it will be the last time?
I spent two 6 month UN tours in Cyprus and it was a pretty unique experience. the Island was very much divided in those days with a lot of hatred on both sides of the concertina wire...

I am about an hour west of Ottawa.

Never had a MIPS lid.

I found this:

“Stock gen1 is 17/40 and 112 chain links.”

I counted 40 on the back. Will pull apart the front tomorrow.

I’m more interested in open-road comfort than racing. If I could slow the motor down a bit with and 18, I might be interested.

The speedometer currently runs +/- 5 MPH fast.

A Heal-Tech Speedohealer(plug and play) to correct the speedometer, and it can be set for any sprocket and tire size.
No advantage to an aluminum rear sprocket unless you are trying to save weight everywhere(you'll only notice the looks).
If you are agressive with the Busa's throttle you can break aluminum teeth too, I broke 4 teeth off an aluminum Vortex and 8 off their 'stronger' HardCoat, lol.
Chain and suspension was adjusted correctly as well, but it's wheelies and hard launches that will get the aluminum teeth. Busa torque is wonderful.

Back