Pacific Northwest

on the fuel line? Its fixed . It just came loose. I have a lowered tank and the fuel pump comes out the opposite direction so I had to extend the line with a longer one.

Start to plan my retirement trip around the country for May 2018. a year and a half away, but never too soon to start thinking about it. Going to take about a month and hit the 11 states I missed on my first trip around!

Well I thought the starter went out on my bike and Goldenchild sent me a new one right away!! Got it in and the relay is bad so he sending one of those to me !!! Sure glad I have someone that is awesome at having what I need and sending it so fast!!

Hey boss. New to Hayabusa's and the forum. Looking forward to some clean up / maintenance over the winter.

DAF4C36B-5CBC-45EF-A666-62C7DAAEFDF7-M[1].jpg

Scored this '05 for $6k w/ 22k on the clock. New tires, fancy exhaust, Power Commander thingy. I think he said the dyno tune netted 175 WHP. Is that possible on these?

The final statement in this post seems to match a lot of posts with power numbers for the gen 1:

Scored this '05 for $6k w/ 22k on the clock. New tires, fancy exhaust, Power Commander thingy. I think he said the dyno tune netted 175 WHP. Is that possible on these?

Yep quite possible. My stock 06 netted 160 on the dyno. Fancy exhaust? Pics man! We want pics!:D

The final statement in this post seems to match a lot of posts with power numbers for the gen 1:

Amazing. The accessibility to this much speed for such a reasonable price. I was just talking with my son about the latest Hellcat wonder car for $90k. Incredible car. We were speculating about if the bike was faster / quicker.

Years ago I witnessed a dyno run during an MMI course with a then-new Busa. If memory serves she put out 165 whp, which I thought was incredible.

Just happy to be on a bike again. Mostly looking for a sport touring set up that the wife and I can go for short day trips on.

My last bike (has it been 10 years..?) was a Superhawk. I loved my poor-man's Ducati.

Fri%20035-M[1].jpg

Another +/- 10 years before that I had a sweet Ninja 600. Super fun.

img001[1].jpg

The brake lever starting getting soft while running errands today. No apparent leaks / fluid level fine. Lever ended up against the bar with very little front braking. Nursed it home on the rear (boo). I know the pads are thin. Perhaps an internal master cylinder problem? I think he said it was a radial mount from an R1 or something. Bad motorcycle!

The brake lever starting getting soft while running errands today. No apparent leaks / fluid level fine. Lever ended up against the bar with very little front braking. Nursed it home on the rear (boo). I know the pads are thin. Perhaps an internal master cylinder problem? I think he said it was a radial mount from an R1 or something. Bad motorcycle!
Sounds like the MC seal is bad, and can no longer build pressure.
$30ish for a rebuild kit, and snap-ring pliers, easy fix.

Back